Need advise! I have several questions!

Hey guys i started over 5 months ago and im completely f2p and would like to stay that way.... anyway this is me now,
https://swgoh.gg/p/827263954/

So first of all arena and building teams... i see bastilla teams everywhere in top 100 and they are pretty **** hard to beat with my current empire team lol so do i start farming and gearing bastilla and other jedis (i dont hav gmy yet so it will be troublesome) or stay with my current empire and maybe build my first order and the vets for jtr? or maybe a sith team? in that case do u guys think 3* sion, 3* DN would work better with ep vader gat than tfp and gmt? plus im hoarding a zeta in case i change teams... and i want to do better at arena cuz i cant crack top 50 atm but i dont want to farm any chars that dont really have their uses (for example raids)

Ships... i actually enjoy ship battles slightly more but i dont enjoy farming them lol... so which ships do i farm? i can only stay top 20 and would like to do better but i dont want to farm ships whose characters once again dont really have any uses (ya im looking at u genosians!!!)

also im hoarding 12k gems... what do i spend them on? i was thinking of getting nest from the shipments or is it not worth it?

Replies

• Ships is still Biggs/TFP/Vader/Boba/FoTie/Silencer/whatever.

Farm those as the ships and toons are both great. Don't worry about Geos.

As for arena - Sion and Nihilus are the way to go. Even at 3/4* they can be very useful with high gear levels (and zeta on sion). Those toons are going to serve you well for a long time, in a lot of areas besides arena.

Tarkin and TFP are good toons, but only useful as placeholders in arena. EP teams are going to struggle against bastilla unless EP and Vader are modded for potency.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • As far as switching your focus to Bastila goes, chasing the new flavor of the month if you're FTP will likely result in frustration. It might work, or you might end up getting the team online just as a new cheese team rolls out that stomps it and leaves you right back where you started.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    As far as switching your focus to Bastila goes, chasing the new flavor of the month if you're FTP will likely result in frustration. It might work, or you might end up getting the team online just as a new cheese team rolls out that stomps it and leaves you right back where you started.

What Jarvind said - don't go chasing the flavor of the month - tried it and it only led to frustration...

A wise man told me to choose my team and work on it until I am #1 and so I am working on my empire team continuously and I do pretty well against Bastilla led teams (that might change when we get more 7*'s but for now I'm good)

You should really check out some of the F2P "what to farm" guides, because they are insanely useful (although a lot of them are semi-outdated due to the number of new toons we've gotten in recent months...)

Also DON'T use your crystals for buying stuff in the store - that's how they get you! and also don't hoard crystals - there's no need to do so.

I recently started farming the vets for Jedi training Rey and when I did so, I also started buying as many cantina energy refreshes as I could get at the price of 100 crystals (when the price goes up to 200 I stop).

The reason for using the crystals rather than buying in the shop is simple - it gives more stuff (for the case of cantina energy you also get cantina credits that you can use in the cantina store, which IMO is one of the better ones in there)

So you can get either 4 shards of any char for 320 or you can get 3x120 energy which for me is 3x 7-8 chances at vet shards (they cost 16 energy per battle) - I have never gotten less than 4 shards from my 21 battles + you get a bunch of other useful stuff like cantina credits and ally points :)

To sum up:
    Don't chase the flavor of the month
    Don't buy shards using crystals - use the crystals to buy more energy
    Don't hoard crystals :)

• ty guys all the comments are really helpfull .... once again the flavor of the month, bounty hunters!!!! my fingers are really twitching cuz of my urges to get em for chewie!! but it will definitely hurt my path to jtr and cls...
  • Bloodless wrote: »
    ty guys all the comments are really helpfull .... once again the flavor of the month, bounty hunters!!!! my fingers are really twitching cuz of my urges to get em for chewie!! but it will definitely hurt my path to jtr and cls...
    Squirrel! :D

Tis a terrible thing to be easily distracted.
  • And once again suddenly my resolve for investing in a nightmare team is shattered as i watched chewie with the rebels destroy ep teams... first bastilla and soon there will be those rebel scum flooding in my arena... I dont know what to do anymore lol...

Hopefully there will be an ep rework to put those rebels and jedis back in their places!!
  • Emperor Palpatine just got a rework this past February, so he won’t be getting any attention for quite some time.
    And once again suddenly my resolve for investing in a nightmare team is shattered as i watched chewie with the rebels destroy ep teams... first bastilla and soon there will be those rebel scum flooding in my arena... I dont know what to do anymore lol...

Hopefully there will be an ep rework to put those rebels and jedis back in their places!!

Chewbacca will put Jedi in its place rather easily.

Nothing is eternal. You cant go for every meta without spending money.

Anyway your f2p so you need to decide if you are able to go all in for either meta shift or improve your current team and wait for the next meta shift to swap your team.
  • Naraic wrote: »

Anyway your f2p so you need to decide if you are able to go all in for either meta shift or improve your current team and wait for the next meta shift to swap your team.

ya thank god i didnt shift my all focus to jedi lol i was srsly condering it xD... anyway for now ill just focus on farming all the essentials for legendarys while working on my arena sith/empire team on the side...

Emperor Palpatine just got a rework this past February, so he won’t be getting any attention for quite some time.

**** i honestly didnt know that... what about vader? when was he last reworked? doesnt he deserve one for making our childhoods awesome!?
  • Farming arena mods could help you alot in arena. Depends on the characters but will help.
    Naraic wrote: »

ya thank god i didnt shift my all focus to jedi lol i was srsly condering it xD... anyway for now ill just focus on farming all the essentials for legendarys while working on my arena sith/empire team on the side...

Emperor Palpatine just got a rework this past February, so he won’t be getting any attention for quite some time.

**** i honestly didnt know that... what about vader? when was he last reworked? doesnt he deserve one for making our childhoods awesome!?

Vader was reworked the same time as Palpatine.

Seems like you’ve got the best plan. Farming characters for legendary, hero’s journey, and raid characters is typically the best path. You can worry about meta changes much later, after you have multiple maxed teams and can switch them to adjust. But that won’t come for a long time. Just field the best arena team you can in the meantime and you’ll be okay.