Enfys Nest

I just wondered, is it international or a bug:

Enfys Nest keeps regenerating 40% protection, no matter what you do?
Even healing immunity debuff does not work at all (unlike fighting against Nihilus or any other character that regenerates health or protection - in German the skill tooltip reads exactly the same in comparison between Nihilus and Nest. Both -literally translated- receive a percentage of their max protection)

Does this mean that Enfys Nest single handedly counters EVERY team that does not ignore protection, with no means of winning?
I mean, I do understand that 40% prot is quite a lot, but a 61k crit from Rey (Scavenger) should still go past some of it o_O especially against a 3 star Nest...

Designwise this is quite questionable, as it would mean -if intentional- " no one can beat this toon... unless you get our next ones which will be released soon™️"
I think this would be an absolute new ground of character design in this game... and let’s face it: a wall we 100% cannot get past (compared the older toons that have been really strong but still beatable, Chaze anyone?)

Replies

• Options
    you need to time your attacks, nest is vulnerable just after she took her turn. Yoda for example can oneshot nest if she doesn't have any protection left quite easily and just took a turn (read: no bonus prot).
    Also, the bonus protection is based on the characters base health, not on the characters protection.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its working as intended, Healing immunity cannot prevent the protection up that Enfys gains (stacking 40%). Yes, this is too powerful of a skill for a toon that counters with expose, and has stacking CC and CD (rest of encounter). Enfys can straight up kill toons who cannot one shot her (40k-ish health at g12+ and mods) and there are plenty of teams that she can destroy alone (zBastilla teams).

However, there are ways to defeat her (stun her and damage her after she takes a turn). Healining immunity does not prevent protection up but it prevents healing via health steal. Attack with Scav rey AFTER her protection up is down. Best way to manage Enfys is to chip on her protection while taking down other toons so that you can selectively attack and kill her. Saving her for last can be problematic.

She's a strong toon but beatable. My only issue with Enfys is that AI targets her unnecessarily or doesn't handle her well which means teams on defense is awful. I wish defense was great again.
  • Options
    She isn't healing. She's gaining a bonus. It's like a buff that can't be dispelled.
  • Options
    She is beatable. Like many have said a high dps toon can one shot her after she takes her turn. Some candidates.

Yoda
    Ezra
    Sion
    Vader
    Scav Rey
    Raid han
    Asajj - probably need a zombie that has died
    Traya

And last but certainly not least

Nihilas - my personal choice because annihilate goes through the bonus protection

There are probably more options but these are just a few from teams that are common.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

However, there are ways to defeat her (stun her and damage her after she takes a turn). Healining immunity does not prevent protection up but it prevents healing via health steal. Attack with Scav rey AFTER her protection up is down. Best way to manage Enfys is to chip on her protection while taking down other toons so that you can selectively attack and kill her. Saving her for last can be problematic.

Which is exactly what I did, while her having ZERO blue prot left and taking a turn. Scav Rey attacked with her second ability letting a 61k in yellow rise above Enfys Char and her simply having gotten a stack of purple prot.

(And regarding healing immunity: it makes zero sense. Either a mechanic works one way or another. Why does it work against Nihilus but not against Nest? I just checked in both languages: both GAIN protection. One is cancelled by healing immunity, the other isn‘t.
    Arguing that way you could state 1+1=2 but 1+1=42 as well. It‘s simply not how ability descriptions in such games work or should work. Adding a „cannot be prevented“ would make it definite; although this cannot be prevented by itself is a stupid, lazy mechanic)
  • Options
    I'm surprised OP is bringing this up now - had to check the original post date.
    A LOT of people were asking the same questions when Enfys first came out.

She's a very hard counter to certain teams (stun/fracture/tmr), much like Bastilla is a hard counter to certain teams.

She's far from invincible though, as long as you know the strategy. Or nihilus.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I'm surprised OP is bringing this up now - had to check the original post date.
    A LOT of people were asking the same questions when Enfys first came out.

She's a very hard counter to certain teams (stun/fracture/tmr), much like Bastilla is a hard counter to certain teams.

She's far from invincible though, as long as you know the strategy. Or nihilus.

I like nihilas. He takes care of her rather easily along with other toons that take awhile to kill. Like enemy sions or gks with massive protection mods.

And if run in an ep or traya team, you also have sion and vader/traya that can also one shot her so the chances of not being able to kill nest in time is low.
  • Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Which is exactly what I did, while her having ZERO blue prot left and taking a turn. Scav Rey attacked with her second ability letting a 61k in yellow rise above Enfys Char and her simply having gotten a stack of purple prot.

If you mean "flurry of blows", nest gets bonus protection after each hit so if the 1st hit didn't kill her, the second hit will have to deal with the +40% bonus prot and the 3rd hit with another +40%.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/169926/kit-reveal-enfys-nest/p1

my62wwnap006.jpg
    They addressed some of your concerns when she was released.

Check out the strategy section for more player based solutions
  • Options
    Why is everyone ignoring my specific points made?
    I‘m not a whiny kid...

1. Nest did have close to none blue prot left (not even half a bar) and full hp. Rey attacked her, no dodge, nothing. 61k floats up but Nest didn‘t receive ANY HP DAMAGE just purple bonus prot.
    2. So, your point is no matter the Team I MUST incorporate Nihilus (or any of the others... haha Traya :D our Guild cannot possibly do heroic Sithraid until maybe Christmas next year, although all of us play ever after the first year -with some dropouts- )to be able conveniently deal with her?

And my major point:

3. Why is it that „gain bonus protection equal to...“ is different to „ gains bonus protection equal to...“
  • Options
    Nobody's ignoring you or calling you a whiny kid - just pointing out that your questions have been asked (and answered) many times since the toon was released.
  • Options
    I‘m not a whiny kid...

1. Nest did have close to none blue prot left (not even half a bar) and full hp. Rey attacked her, no dodge, nothing. 61k floats up but Nest didn‘t receive ANY HP DAMAGE just purple bonus prot.
    2. So, your point is no matter the Team I MUST incorporate Nihilus (or any of the others... haha Traya :D our Guild cannot possibly do heroic Sithraid until maybe Christmas next year, although all of us play ever after the first year -with some dropouts- )to be able conveniently deal with her?

And my major point:

3. Why is it that „gain bonus protection equal to...“ is different to „ gains bonus protection equal to...“

Someone did address it. The first hit in flurry of blows gave her bonus prot. The other two hits added more prot. The 61k crit couldn’t take her out after she had the bonus prot.
  • Options
    I‘m not a whiny kid...

And my major point:

Ok to address your 3rd point. Nihilas still gains his bonus max health even with healing immunity but that just increases his potential health. He would have to heal or use health steal to gain the health but he has a higher max. He doesn't ever gain bonus protection though. I never see a purple bar of protection on him so it isn't even in his kit.

The bonus protection works the same with nest as it does with other toons that use it.

For your first and second point we are saying you need a character that can deal enough damage in one hit to knock down her health or use a character that has healing immunity to stop her health steal and let her take several turns to get attacks in when she doesn't have bonus protection. Characters thar can hit for a lot help. There are many on the list that aren't new so the point is you can beat her without the new characters. Yes traya is new but vader,scav rey, ezra, and yoda aren't.if you use scav rey you want to use the middle ability not the last one. As someone already said the last one is like four separate hits and sets off the protection before it does full damage.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Someone did address it. The first hit in flurry of blows gave her bonus prot. The other two hits added more prot. The 61k crit couldn’t take her out after she had the bonus prot.

2nd ability „leverage“ is a single hit ability.

Ok to address your 3rd point. Nihilas still gains his bonus max health even with healing immunity but that just increases his potential health. He would have to heal or use health steal to gain the health but he has a higher max. He doesn't ever gain bonus protection though. I never see a purple bar of protection on him so it isn't even in his kit.
    Sorry, if I wasn‘t clear on that Nihilus part: I‘m talking about his raid version. Which both state „gain bonus protection...“
    I agree that max hp up works around healing immunity, it it doesn‘t heal, it scales. The percentage of health relative to the maximum stays the same.
    But Nest gains protection by 40% which increases each time by 40%. There is a healing effect going as well as a scaling ability, which is entirely my point.
    Kyno wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/169926/kit-reveal-enfys-nest/p1

my62wwnap006.jpg
    They addressed some of your concerns when she was released.

Check out the strategy section for more player based solutions

Thanks Kyno, yet it still feels like a lazy workaround and just trying to make it WAI while keeping it outside established rules.
    I showed it to some friends who play similar games but not SWGoH, just asking if they see any difference in tooltips. They all agreed that Raid Nihilus's "gain protections" sounds exactly the same as Enfys'
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Then something did not happen the way you describe. A 61k crit is enough to take out a fully geared g12 Nest. Either she already had bonus protection or you used “flurry of blows”.
  • Options
    But there is no protection recovery - just new added (temp) protection. If you hit Nest and take away half of her normal protection, that is how much she will have left after her next turn, regardless of how many times she's hit in between. If she's recovering normal protection (blue), it's coming from something else.

And as stated, a 61k crit would drop all but the most hearty Nests if there was no bonus protection in play.
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

2nd ability „leverage“ is a single hit ability.

Sorry, if I wasn‘t clear on that Nihilus part: I‘m talking about his raid version. Which both state „gain bonus protection...“
    I agree that max hp up works around healing immunity, it it doesn‘t heal, it scales. The percentage of health relative to the maximum stays the same.
    But Nest gains protection by 40% which increases each time by 40%. There is a healing effect going as well as a scaling ability, which is entirely my point.

Ok then. The raid nihilas kit says he "recovers" 3% protection. And the nest kit says she "gains" 40% bonus protection. The recovers is treated as healing and the gaining isn't. It is clear at least in tge English descriptions.
  • Options
    Ok then. The raid nihilas kit says he "recovers" 3% protection. And the nest kit says she "gains" 40% bonus protection. The recovers is treated as healing and the gaining isn't. It is clear at least in tge English descriptions.
    Don‘t stop reading after the first sentence to proof your point. Yes it is true, the 3% protection is recovered.
    The 25% protection from attacking a def down enemy is gained.

Yet, both are not applied for whatever reasons in Nihilus‘ case.

I will rest my case, as I see that logic and reasoning are not the ways of the Force apparently XD

• Options
    Why don't these apples and oranges work the same they are both fruits lol.

I think the OP is pointless even when provided with CG description of both of their mechanics to PROVE their point still wooooosh .

Lord of Hunger
    At the start of his turn, Nihilus recovers 3% Protection for each buffed enemy.

In addition, whenever an enemy damages Nihilus with a Basic ability, he inflicts Defense Down on them for 1 turn. If they already have Defense Down, they lose 25% Protection and Nihilus gains that much Max Protection (these effects can't be Resisted).

· Unique · Level 8
    Fighting Instinct
    Nest has +80% Counter Chance and ignores Taunt during her turn. Whenever Nest is damaged by an attack, she gains +30% Critical Chance and 40% Bonus Protection (stacking). This Bonus Protection increases by an additional 40% each time. Both bonuses expire and reset at the end of her next turn. Whenever an enemy loses a buff or debuff, Nest gains +2% Critical Damage and Health Steal (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

One word
    BONUS

one gains protection other gets bonus protection
    Bonus meaning ontop of , added , extra , plus.

Take range trooper
    Special · Level 8
    Steady 3 turn cooldown
    All Empire allies gain Protection Up (40%) for 3 turns. All Imperial Trooper allies Recover 30% Protection and gain Retribution for 3 turns. Then, another random ally attacks and Range Trooper assists them.

Two types there one heals the other buffs .

Enfys is a BONUS buff without the green buff as it's part of her unique kit.
  • Options
    Related question regarding scav Rey attacking Nest.
    SRey special can hit multiple times, does the code add the bonus protection to Nest for each hit & before the code removes damage points from Nest?

Because for a multi-attack from one toon, on Nest, I would expect a sequence like this:

1) Attack 1 reduces protection (and maybe health) on Nest.
    2) Nest gains 40% bonus protection
    3) next Attack does same a (1) but only if it can overcome the bonus protection gains.
    4) Nest gains another amount of 40% bonus protection that stacks in top of any remaining bonus protection from previous attacks.
    5) For additional attacks from same toon (like sRey) repeat steps 3 & 4.

as opposed to,
    1) 3 hit atttack so Nest gain 3 x 40% bonus protection
    2) Apply damage from 3 hit attack as a lump amount; must get through the 3 stacks of bonus protection before it can get to Nests normal protection & health.
  • Options
    Anrath wrote: »
    Related question regarding scav Rey attacking Nest.
    SRey special can hit multiple times, does the code add the bonus protection to Nest for each hit & before the code removes damage points from Nest?

Because for a multi-attack from one toon, on Nest, I would expect a sequence like this:

1) Attack 1 reduces protection (and maybe health) on Nest.
    2) Nest gains 40% bonus protection
    3) next Attack does same a (1) but only if it can overcome the bonus protection gains.
    4) Nest gains another amount of 40% bonus protection that stacks in top of any remaining bonus protection from previous attacks.
    5) For additional attacks from same toon (like sRey) repeat steps 3 & 4.

as opposed to,
    1) 3 hit atttack so Nest gain 3 x 40% bonus protection
    2) Apply damage from 3 hit attack as a lump amount; must get through the 3 stacks of bonus protection before it can get to Nests normal protection & health.

Probably the first but the first hit is unlikely to do enough damage to take away much health or protection.
  • Options
    Shooting Nest with Greedo would be hilarious to watch if it cycled his multi- enough times.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Shooting Nest with Greedo would be hilarious to watch if it cycled his multi- enough times.

If you got a crit you may have a shot on the first hit but after that it's not helpful.
  • Options
    Hence why I said hilarious.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

You can already see this in Sith Raid watching Traya rage against Nest. Pre-enrage, it's just nest standing there gaining protection, asking Traya, "Are you quite finished?"
  • Options
    Nest is agrivating.

So are my 8 wives