Smuggler’s Run: Han doesn’t shoot first! Say what?!

Prev134
Doh! Hey CG, ya might wanna fix this! :*<3
84mb9b4h8416.jpeg
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Correct he doesnt shoot first, but he does get his bonus turn, as described by his ability.
  • Everyone shoots first, not only Han, that's the problem. Its wai though
  • so the ability "Shoots First" doesn't necessarily shoot first?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Correct he doesnt shoot first, but he does get his bonus turn, as described by his ability.

The ability name says “Shoots first” and it says “...bonus turn at the start...”. The name and the “at the start” implies he’s first. In this case he doesn’t shoot first nor when he goes is it “at the start”. One can argue against WAI quite easily in this case.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • BMasu wrote: »
    so the ability "Shoots First" doesn't necessarily shoot first?

When you click on that Events button, throw everything about normal gameplay out the window. Sometimes CG adjusts mechanics, sometimes they don't. Never assume all will be routine and you'll never be surprised. Also, by "surprised" I don't mean "disappointed." The two are distinct.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The ability name says “Shoots first” and it says “...bonus turn at the start...”. The name and the “at the start” implies he’s first. In this case he doesn’t shoot first nor when he goes is it “at the start”. One can argue against WAI quite easily in this case.

He gets the bonus turn at the beginning of the match. A turn in this game is denoted by 100% TM. The name is a title and not a description of how the ability will work, that's what the description is for.

As always when multiple toons have 100% TM, there is no guarantee who will go first, although I suspect when event toons have this coded they will go before our side, but still in an order determined by RNG.
  • Then don't call it "shoots first" Call it "Shoots first when the AI, or when we, feel like letting you shoot first to make it more/less difficult" It might be a bit long, but I'm sure you could fit all that in the name, right?
  • That’s why abilities have descriptions.

If you don’t know why Han Solo has an ability called “shoots first” at this point, I don’t know what to tell you.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Look. It gives some pre loaded TM to make it competitive. Normally in ALL other modes, he shoots first. I mean, do you want them to deposit the rewards into your account and count it as participation?

I think it’s fine. I got it my first try.

The OP was just being funny. Not serious lol
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    He doesn't stun 100% like he should, still 3* it without to much hassle, but the fixed Opponent's goes first, is really an annoying and uninventive way to make the battles harder
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Cannon is more than 100% clear. For years it has been well established, Han always shoots first ALWAYS.
  • Cicero wrote: »
    Cannon is more than 100% clear. For years it has been well established, Han always shoots first ALWAYS.

Not in-game, at least. In every scenario where multiple toons can start at 100% TM, it's random which one goes first. Eg in TW going against a preloaded team and various PvE events with preloaded TM.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Cicero wrote: »
    Cannon is more than 100% clear. For years it has been well established, Han always shoots first ALWAYS.

Not in-game, at least. In every scenario where multiple toons can start at 100% TM, it's random which one goes first. Eg in TW going against a preloaded team and various PvE events with preloaded TM.

Seems this issue is like the thrawn one, that just got fixed , if han's ability says he goes first , not he gets 100% tm, it needs to be made clearer. Because he is supposed to go first then , not just be one of however many have 100% tm, just my opinion though.
  • The description reads:
    Han takes a bonus turn at the start of each encounter. During this turn Han ignores Taunts and can only use his Basic ability, but it will Stun the target for one turn and can't be Resisted.
    Noting about TM
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ztyle wrote: »
    The description reads:
    Han takes a bonus turn at the start of each encounter. During this turn Han ignores Taunts and can only use his Basic ability, but it will Stun the target for one turn and can't be Resisted.
    Noting about TM

The only way to take a turn is to have 100% TM. That is why to get his "bonus turn", he starts with 100% TM.
  • This has been functioning like this for as long as I remember. I doubt it ever gets changed.
  • Say that to GMY and his new immediate bonus turn, witch show it's possible to avoid the TM raffle
    I know he is working on TM, as when he got that skill, it didn't matter as he would always go first and it was most likely the easiest way to code it, But with all that stuff that has happened in the game since, the title of the skill is somewhat getting more and more a false statement
    as it stands now it's not a bug, but an outdated mechanic that might needs to be looked at
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Say that to GMY and his new immediate bonus turn, witch show it's possible to avoid the TM raffle
    I know he is working on TM, as when he got that skill, it didn't matter as he would always go first and it was most likely the easiest way to code it, But with all that stuff that has happened in the game since, the title of the skill is somewhat getting more and more a false statement
    as it stands now it's not a bug, but an outdated mechanic that might needs to be looked at

Correct it can be, when it is stated as such in the description. There is no such statements in Hans ability description.

Even GMY works on TM, he is just not subject to the coin toss of multiple toons.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The description reads:
    Noting about TM

The only way to take a turn is to have 100% TM. That is why to get his "bonus turn", he starts with 100% TM.

Not to be too picky , but taking a bonus turn at the start of each encouter means going before turns start , which means no one elses turn meter should have moved. Or else if he goes after someone , how is that a bonus turn? Its not like he then goes twice when its his turn ? Where did his bonus turn go ? Because if i understand correctly , those toons who did go first are already accruing new tm , so where is the bonus ? I could be wrong idk?
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Maybe it would it help to imagine that in these events, the enemy doesn’t have “ pre-loaded turn meter” but instead also gets a bonus turn each? Comes out to the same thing. Anecdotally, I’ve had GMY not get his 2nd turn right away in the ground assault event a couple of times, and I’m not sure but I think a couple of times in the smuggler event, Han didn’t go first, but also didn’t go last in the pre-loaded round. The coinflip might be going on here as well... pretty sure I saw him go, maybe, third, at one point.

Edited for typos. I have fat thumbs
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    The description reads:
    Noting about TM

Not to be too picky , but taking a bonus turn at the start of each encouter means going before turns start , which means no one elses turn meter should have moved. Or else if he goes after someone , how is that a bonus turn? Its not like he then goes twice when its his turn ? Where did his bonus turn go ? Because if i understand correctly , those toons who did go first are already accruing new tm , so where is the bonus ? I could be wrong idk?

Taking a turn at the start of an encounter in this game means getting 100% TM, as this is the only way to take a turn according to the game mechanics. Unless stated otherwise, all toons with 100% TM are subject to the coin flip. This is only recently changed from all toons without exception, with the Thrawn and GMY changes, both of which are to match the stated (or changed) ability description.

In some situations multiple toons can have 100% TM at the start of the event, i.e. - TM loaded event toons, TM loaded TW matches, and GW.

Unfortunately there is no wording in Hans current ability description to allow him to avoid the coin flip mechanics for 100% TM. Maybe that will change, but as of right now, that is the way it is described.

His bonus turn comes from the fact that he did not gain his 100% TM "naturally", hence bonus.
    The description reads:
    Noting about TM

Taking a turn at the start of an encounter in this game means getting 100% TM, as this is the only way to take a turn according to the game mechanics. Unless stated otherwise, all toons with 100% TM are subject to the coin flip. This is only recently changed from all toons without exception, with the Thrawn and GMY changes, both of which are to match the stated (or changed) ability description.

In some situations multiple toons can have 100% TM at the start of the event, i.e. - TM loaded event toons, TM loaded TW matches, and GW.

Unfortunately there is no wording in Hans current ability description to allow him to avoid the coin flip mechanics for 100% TM. Maybe that will change, but as of right now, that is the way it is described.

His bonus turn comes from the fact that he did not gain his 100% TM "naturally", hence bonus.

Errh the title "Shoots First"
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Ok. To overly simplify it so everyone gets it: think how Han vs Han works... Regardless of their speed from mods, gear etc. They both have "Shoot First".

The game flips a coin.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The description reads:
    Noting about TM

The title is not the description of the ability.

ever seen "lord of hunger" eat anything?..... me either.
  • Bottom line, han should shoot first unless he is going against another han, period, full stop.
    The description reads:
    Noting about TM

The title is not the description of the ability.

ever seen "lord of hunger" eat anything?..... me either.

If they put an animation of nihilus eating a cheeseburger between p1 & 2 of the sith raid, that would be awesome.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    And here I am just wondering about the guy named "Map" In chat that just did an upgrade.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Bottom line, han should shoot first unless he is going against another han, period, full stop.

This
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The description reads:
    Noting about TM

You’re wrong in saying this, otherwise certain events that force the opposing team to get two FULL rounds of turns right off the bat would still be subject to this RNG roll and they’re not.

We’re all aware of what the description says. Beating it into our heads isn’t going to change the INTENT of “shoots first.”

Also, “bonus turn at the start” implies he goes first no matter what, much like Thrawn’s swap and GMY’s bonus turn makes the toon take an immediate turn. Specifically how they switched Thrawn’a swap to do this, it proves that 100% turn meter is not the only way to take a turn, as you say.

You can quote description all day, but it doesn’t change the fact Shoots First should shoot first, and you know it. Your “lord of hunger” comparison is moot, as Lord of Hunger is a metaphorical title for a Sith Lord, not a direct ability. He’s not called Han “Shoots First” Solo.