Plo Koon (Overwatch Ability Suggestion)

Tony12345
98 posts Member
edited February 2019
The main idea is to change his Leadership to a Unique. As a leadership ability this ability is not very strong but as unique it would just be an added bonus to having him on your team.

Currently: Overwatch (Leader) - Each ally has a 55% chance to remove stealth from each enemy at the start of their turn. If they dispel any enemies they gain offense up for 1 turn.

Suggested Change: Overwatch (Unique) - At the start of his turn, Plo Koon has a 55% chance to remove Stealth from an enemy. If Stealth is dispelled, Plo Koon gains Offense Up until the end of his turn.

Zeta Final: At the start of his turn, Plo Koon has a 70% chance to remove Stealth from all enemies. If Stealth is dispelled, Plo Koon gains Offense Up, Advantage, and Critical Damage Up till the end of his turn.

I always thought Plo Koon was a good character but that his Leader ability would be more useful as a Unique ability. Anyway I’d much rather have other Jedi as Lead, such as Yoda, Qui-Gon, Bastilla, Revan, Kenobi... and Hopefully a reworked Mace Windu.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Post edited by Tony12345 on

Replies

• I like the unique part, though if the intent is to "see the big picture" aka strike the less obvious enemy i would like to see:

Plo Koon has a 55% chance to remove Stealth and Taunt from each enemy at the start of his turn. If Stealth is dispelled, Plo Koon gains Defence Up for 1 turn. If Taunt is dispelled, Plo Koon gains Offense Up for 1 turn.

So if theres someone hiding (behind a taunt or in stealth) he will reveal them to his team. if that someone is a tank, he can afford to be aggressive. if that someone is a heavy hitter (most stealthies are imo) he takes a defensive stance to live through their attacks. with it like this, I think 55% is fair as he could hit taunt, also i like the short duration of 1 turn.
  • like this idea a lot. However, I have one problem with it. the 1 turn duration. Buff durations generally seem to go down at the end of characters turns. Which for the offence up is not a problem but it could make the defence up pretty much useless. I suggest you say the buffs last "Until his next turn" to ensure there is no confusion over the duration and moment of ending.
    other than that it is a really nice idea. I think the Galactic Republic has too many Leaderships at the moment anyway :)