GW Help / Guide

Been playing since November. GW does indeed seem impossible at times but I have been able to clear it regularly. Here is my attempt to help others be more successful.

There was a previous guy that broke down characters I think that information is still relevant.

My main team is Phasma (lead), Sid, Lumi, Poe and Kylo.

I have a fairly deep bench (I will get more into this).

For the GW nothing seems more valuable then the extra attacks Phasma provides.

Others choose healer leads but I think this is counterproductive. Often times you would be much more effective with a character that can do more damage. Phasma's assist can bonus and allow a final blow taking out a character and any potential damage they can inflict. Even Sid or other critical effect leaders are more effective.

Targeting priority should always be to Dakka. I don't have her yet but I am sure she would be a useful addition to a GW team.

Glass cannons can be dealt with second if they have not had a chance to execute their specials (FOTP and Lea are exceptions, deal with them after Dakka). If they have not executed specials and you can kill them prior to execution then they should be targeted first.

If not target healing blockers. For example, once GS or QGJ has assisted attack they are not big threats for a couple turns.

Your next targeting priority should be any character that inflicts a healing block. Sid, Kylo are the main two I encounter.

Of all the healers Lumi should be targeted first. Her heal gives healing over time and she hits harder than most.

When dealing with healers and tanks last you can delay the game by spreading damage and allowing the opponent healers to heal. This allows you and flexibility and time to deal with your cooldowns.

When you encounter a team that is much stronger there are two alternate teams that you can use.

The first is a mid level team that has the ability to inflict damage or possibly take out a single opponent.

The second is a team of level 1 to level 10 characters. This can often be effective enough to elicit Phasma's VM, Sids AOE, Lumis FA, etc.

As many have noticed no matter how many times you repeat a round the outcome is always the same. Specials hit, targets don't change etc. allowing a suicide squad to run will change the possible outcome. Even if it is only a single lvl 1 toon.

If you're not beating the GW each day you should evaluate where you are dedicating your resources. A well geared level 65 team can inflict serious damage if not beat a level 70 roadblock team with significant casualties.

The difference between level 65 in level 70 may not be enough to dedicate the resources needed to those last five levels.

However having a multitude of level 65 characters to throw at roadblocks will.

Hopefully that helps.

Replies

• Thanks for writing this. I am going to employ a couple of the tips you shared.
    Jivaro Qel-Jairus: Starsider Refugee - Officer in the Rouse Order.
  • Good post. I also recommend liberally using retreat. If you make a mistake on say your fifth move, retreat and start over. The way it works is if you make no changes to your lineup, and do the exact same sequence of moves, the AI will do the exact same thing with the same outcome it just did. So in this example your first four moves will produce the exact same results, so on the fifth do something different to see if it works. It can be a little time consuming on the harder battles, but you can essentially unlock the best sequence of moves to make it through the node. One final note, if nothing seems to work but you want to use the same lineup, just switch their positions, just doing that will change what the AI does.
  • Jivaro wrote: »
    Thanks for writing this. I am going to employ a couple of the tips you shared.

Your welcome! Hope it helps improve your success.
  • benetar22 wrote: »
    Good post. I also recommend liberally using retreat. If you make a mistake on say your fifth move, retreat and start over. The way it works is if you make no changes to your lineup, and do the exact same sequence of moves, the AI will do the exact same thing with the same outcome it just did. So in this example your first four moves will produce the exact same results, so on the fifth do something different to see if it works. It can be a little time consuming on the harder battles, but you can essentially unlock the best sequence of moves to make it through the node. One final note, if nothing seems to work but you want to use the same lineup, just switch their positions, just doing that will change what the AI does.

Very true. I didn't mention the retreat option. I should have covered that.
  • I use Barriss (L), Lumi, JC, Sid, and Kylo so my methodology is a little different. I like being able to out heal almost any team and slowly burning them down. I think a HUGE thing not mentioned is to manage your cooldowns, especially for your heals. Nothing is worse than entering a battle with no heals available and hoping RNG helps you out.