Bossk ship bug?

Hi,

I do not post it as a bug as I'm not sure and I want to hear your thoughs (maybe I'm missing something).

To me it looks like Bossk ship's tenacity is broken. The base stats are not so high but, at least in the first turn, he seems to resist everything! In a lot of battles I try to stun him with kru (potency 41.52%) or tl him with tie (potency 41.39%) and he resists like 80% of the times, when his tenacity is 56.23% (should resist 15% of the times in both cases; yes, i know tie not always inflicts TL but I mean resisting it, not missing the 70% chance). And this is also not happening to me alone.

Am I missing some ability that increases tenacity in the first turn? Are we just insanely unfortunate (of like 20 or 25 battles he resisted like 80% of the times) or it's just a bug with broken tenacity?

Thanks a lot.

Replies

• SCCH wrote: »
    Hi,

I do not post it as a bug as I'm not sure and I want to hear your thoughs (maybe I'm missing something).

To me it looks like Bossk ship's tenacity is broken. The base stats are not so high but, at least in the first turn, he seems to resist everything! In a lot of battles I try to stun him with kru (potency 41.52%) or tl him with tie (potency 41.39%) and he resists like 80% of the times, when his tenacity is 56.23% (should resist 15% of the times in both cases; yes, i know tie not always inflicts TL but I mean resisting it, not missing the 70% chance). And this is also not happening to me alone.

Am I missing some ability that increases tenacity in the first turn? Are we just insanely unfortunate (of like 20 or 25 battles he resisted like 80% of the times) or it's just a bug with broken tenacity?

Thanks a lot.

I think one thing to point out, his ability Trandoshan Barricade gives him +50% tenacity while he hasn't taunt. So as you said it was in the first turn, the resist rate is higher.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As you said TFP is not a good example because he could just not be applying TL. With that and the small sample size of your examples it's very hard to tell.

You also need to be mindful that KRU has a chance to stun if they have over 50% TM.

I have seen it go both ways on his being debuffed, for both me and my opponents, but I dont record any data.

• I think one thing to point out, his ability Trandoshan Barricade gives him +50% tenacity while he hasn't taunt. So as you said it was in the first turn, the resist rate is higher.

This is the key. Missed that completely, thanks.
  • Put him with Ghost who adds -25% potency to enemies and speed down when he resists. ;)
  • Run tarkin
    Use tenacity down debuff from EXECUTRIX
    Anything sticks.

This was broken until 4 days ago. No 15 percent chance. Complained and it was fixed.