Chewbacca legendary event

Prev134
which do you think would be minimum gear required for bounty hunters? I have Boba-Cad-Zam-Greedo- ig88 at gear 10. Only Boba fett at gear 12 :/

Replies

• I passed every legendary 7* with Gear level 9 9 8 8 8.
  • If this event will be extremely difficult, like Enfys Galactic Bounties difficult, you probably will need g11-12.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • I was going to gear up Jango but maybe I should buff my BHs a bit more and save for Legendary Chewie. rip
  • If this event will be extremely difficult, like Enfys Galactic Bounties difficult, you probably will need g11-12.

This is what I'm aiming for. I expect that with 4 at g11 you can probably make due with one being g9 but I'm not banking on that.
  • Go figure, my brother farmed BH from the start because he "liked" them. Absolutely **** in arena for ages because of it. Then gets Bossk + ridiculous ship, Cad + ridiculous ship, and now guaranteed Chewbacca.

Like winning the character lottery.
  • I’m guessing, given the description as “very difficult”, you will need close to g11 across the board. Any other events they’ve described as such have needed at least that.
  • Has anyone considered that the very hard part was to get people to panic spend on jango?
  • Has anyone considered that the very hard part was to get people to panic spend on jango?

No, every legendary I have ever seen them release has allowed time if you dedicated to farming those characters to get close to if not at 7* with some, but not a lot of spending. They never made it so people had to whale out on a character still behind a paywall to get a legendary.
  • And they've already stated ANY 5 Bounty Hunters. So no panic farming needed if you happen to have them already. Other than gearing up.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    worst case for you should be a 6* Chewbacca the first go around

unless you are expecting it to get daze heavy, you could probably boost greedo to g12 and ready

No, every legendary I have ever seen them release has allowed time if you dedicated to farming those characters to get close to if not at 7* with some, but not a lot of spending. They never made it so people had to whale out on a character still behind a paywall to get a legendary.

No i agree that we won't need jango to do it. But them putting very hard in the post is going to make people think they do.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Has anyone considered that the very hard part was to get people to panic spend on jango?

What about this part? Is it just a bait or can the event be impossible/obnoxiously hard without the new BH?

Even then my guess is an average of G10.5 will be needed. That would be a steep jump from previous legendaries too.

"As you prepare to capture Chewbacca, be advised that Jango Fett (25 shards) will be available in the “One Famous Wookiee” event bundle - The Bounty Hunter Ultimate Bundle - the day the Chewbacca event launches."
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Has anyone considered that the very hard part was to get people to panic spend on jango?

What about this part? Is it just a bait or can the event be impossible/obnoxiously hard without the new BH?

Even then my guess is an average of G10.5 will be needed. That would be a steep jump from previous legendaries too.

"As you prepare to capture Chewbacca, be advised that Jango Fett (25 shards) will be available in the “One Famous Wookiee” event bundle - The Bounty Hunter Ultimate Bundle - the day the Chewbacca event launches."

Even heroes journey events don't need that high of gear. I doubt they would make a Chewbacca legendary that difficult.

Even heroes journey events don't need that high of gear. I doubt they would make a Chewbacca legendary that difficult.

Yea, but new gear tiers and new mods were introduced since the last legendary event. Any long term player has at least 5 of the necessary toons so no panic farming. Something's gotta give.
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    No_Try wrote: »

Yea, but new gear tiers and new mods were introduced since the last legendary event. Any long term player has at least 5 of the necessary toons so no panic farming. Something's gotta give.

I figure it's going to go 1 of 2 ways. Either it's going to be insanly hard requiring g11+. Or it's going to be on par with the other legendary events g8 with decent mods.

I figure it's going to go 1 of 2 ways. Either it's going to be insanly hard requiring g11+. Or it's going to be on par with the other legendary events g8 with decent mods.

I would not anticipate it being on par with other legendary events. It will be more difficult.

This is what I'm aiming for. I expect that with 4 at g11 you can probably make due with one being g9 but I'm not banking on that.

If his event requires g11-12 he better be more op than all the other legendaries combined
  • If I had to guess, I'd say it'd be on the level of Thrawn before Phoenix got zetas. Difficult for sure, but doable with gl9.

I won't be surprised if you need gl11, but it doesn't seem to fit with the other legendary events if that's the case.

Most of the events in the assault battles have a listing of very difficult before the mythic one. I'm guessing it'll probably be of similar difficulty of the very hard assault battles. So probably g9 or g10 needed with good mods and autoable with g11 and g12. That is still an increase in difficulty from other legendaries which makes since because this is likely a req for a tier two hero's journey(a hero's journey that reqs another hero's journey character) so it us going to be geared more towards players that already have cls and have been in the game long enough that gearing a character to g10 isn't a big issue.
  • I have all OG at g11+ but none of the new ones. Let s hope it's doable with the old BH crew :)
  • Flamethrow wrote: »
    I have all OG at g11+ but none of the new ones. Let s hope it's doable with the old BH crew :)

It should be. Bossk is the only new one that has been farmable long enough to realistically require. If the other new ones are needed, then it's just a cash grab and that usually isn't the case with legendary events.

Most likely it's like the r2 event. Beatable without thrawn but easier with thrawn. So likely beatable without bossk but easier with bossk. And probably much easier with jango, embo, and aura sing. The 2nd or third time around the new bhs will likely be able to beat it at g8 or g9.
  • Boba lead TD team modded properly for Potency is a very strong team. We will see.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Go figure, my brother farmed BH from the start because he "liked" them. Absolutely **** in arena for ages because of it. Then gets Bossk + ridiculous ship, Cad + ridiculous ship, and now guaranteed Chewbacca.

Like winning the character lottery.

Im happy for him. Persistance should pay off.
  • Yeah it's awesome. He has no legendaries because he went all in on BH for the first 6 months. Then he's prepping for R2 finally.
  • Am I the only one who couldn’t care less about a legendary chewbacca
  • @MrThamer87

Probably not. But to say that without seeing his kit is a little presumptuous.
  • Do your utmost to get to Gear 10 with good mods, I'd say...
  • I'd expect they made this one harder than previous Legendary events, just given the wording of the posts. But you have a powerful new ally at your side -- mod sets!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m

First time Thrawn came through it was very difficult to get Phoenix up in time if you didn't hoard GW, Cantina, and Arena currency.