Chewbacca legendary event

Replies

• Yeah Chewbacca is while a cool companion, he's kinda not important. Why would you care about one of the protagonists pet dog? Give me a frekin sith lord, now thats hot baby.

Also, chewie was definitely not a leader. We have 2 versions of him and neither is anything special, simply because thats how he is in the movies. It would be weird if he suddenly aoe force killed everyone.

Perhaps, as a pilot, he could make sense.
    But thrn again, we kinda need a ship that he could drive..

So no, not excited about this the least bit.

Sorry you don’t understand Chebacca’s role in Star Wars. Chewie is more than a “pet dog” for Han Solo. If you ever read any of the actual Star Wars screen play novels and/or any of the EU from the 80s through before the Disney take over, you’d realize how horribly wrong you are about his character.

Chewie is the son of the most powerful Wookie Chieftain. He is a brilliant mechanic and strategist as well as an accomplished pilot. His son goes on to be a Jedi Knight with Han and Leia’s children. When Chewie dies protecting the youngest child Han Solo is devistated. The estranged relationship between Han and Leia is profound because of it. They barely touched on that theme in Force Awakins, but used Ben as the estrangement catilyst.

Original Trilogy Chewie has been a major missing part of this game since Raid Han was introduced. I am just as happy to have him in game as I am Jango. Sith are getting old and stale. They had to bring in Old Republic era Sith to bring more diversity to that faction. Hahahahaha
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    If we have to fight a legendary Chewie teaming up with CLS, Leia, raid Han and R2D2, I can see how it may be quite difficult with the OG bounty hunters considering how squishy most are. We would need a tank and that would be Bossk. I have the feeling he'll be the key to completing the event.
  • Above all, I just hope they don't make it like a Mythic and give them all pre loaded TM and that invisible taunt thing.
    Those mechanics are fine for Mythic, but I don't think they should make this legendary harder by doing that.
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    In Asia and Australia timezone they released it midnight. This drop will be released midnight in Europe and after for America and Africa.

We have a maximum of 4 days (96 hours) and my highest rate to get these Bounty Hunters was the chance:
    - 3 Embo Bonus toons on map Dark Side 8-C Hard out of 8 turns.

So my chance to get these Bounty Hunters are "3/8".

No sign/advert of releasing OT Chewbacca.
  • IMO the enemies will have some unique buff that Jango is a perfect counter for, like how they did those buffs in Jango's marquee bounties.
  • I am not concerned with Chewies role in the OT or his kit, he is gonna be required at 7* for Jedi Luke HJ. This is very reminiscent of the release of R2 and BB8, both right before heros journeys plus CG said to expect more big events before the year ends. I am throwing all my resources into getting him 7*
  • Yeah Chewbacca is while a cool companion, he's kinda not important. Why would you care about one of the protagonists pet dog? Give me a frekin sith lord, now thats hot baby.

Also, chewie was definitely not a leader. We have 2 versions of him and neither is anything special, simply because thats how he is in the movies. It would be weird if he suddenly aoe force killed everyone.

Sorry you don’t understand Chebacca’s role in Star Wars. Chewie is more than a “pet dog” for Han Solo. If you ever read any of the actual Star Wars screen play novels and/or any of the EU from the 80s through before the Disney take over, you’d realize how horribly wrong you are about his character.

Chewie is the son of the most powerful Wookie Chieftain. He is a brilliant mechanic and strategist as well as an accomplished pilot. His son goes on to be a Jedi Knight with Han and Leia’s children. When Chewie dies protecting the youngest child Han Solo is devistated. The estranged relationship between Han and Leia is profound because of it. They barely touched on that theme in Force Awakins, but used Ben as the estrangement catilyst.

Original Trilogy Chewie has been a major missing part of this game since Raid Han was introduced. I am just as happy to have him in game as I am Jango. Sith are getting old and stale. They had to bring in Old Republic era Sith to bring more diversity to that faction. Hahahahaha

Wow that gives him depth. Weird none of this is represented on mainstream sw stuff like the 9 movies, 2 series and the kotor game series.
    Thank you, I am looking forward to this selfless protector and throne inherent strategist now.
  • Not too worry about this round, I'll use it to know what's necessary for a 7* unlock. My goal is to unlock Chewie at 5* which I'm pretty sure I can already do.

The next round though... If we go by the initial release cadence, the next Chewie event could very well land around end of next December. And that would be perfect as an introduction to a Christmas special Jedi Luke Hero's journey... Too perfect even. My guess is the second Chewie event is the real deal...

By my count there are exactly four (4) sith in the entirety of the films... Yet, you seem to be okay with adding characters that don't exist, except to make CG/EA money. Add another sith... Where exactly are they going to find them. The most overpowered toons in this game are garbage that came from, wait for it, another video game. At least Chewbacca is in the movies.

By my count there are exactly four (4) sith in the entirety of the films... Yet, you seem to be okay with adding characters that don't exist, except to make CG/EA money. Add another sith... Where exactly are they going to find them. The most overpowered toons in this game are garbage that came from, wait for it, another video game. At least Chewbacca is in the movies.

Ive played the Kotor games, and theyre true gems in my oppinion - theyre not a cash grabs, like todays video games. Revan is the key in them, and now in swgoh therefore it makes perfect sense to be added.
    Chewbacca, sure, in the movies, but has very little part in those, and yet are 2 times in swg already.
    As others have pointed out, he does have good scenes in written materials tho.
  • Has anyone considered that the very hard part was to get people to panic spend on jango?

Obviously, I would've had a heart attack if CG did otherwise. ;)

Ive played the Kotor games, and theyre true gems in my oppinion - theyre not a cash grabs, like todays video games. Revan is the key in them, and now in swgoh therefore it makes perfect sense to be added.
    Chewbacca, sure, in the movies, but has very little part in those, and yet are 2 times in swg already.
    As others have pointed out, he does have good scenes in written materials tho.

I think you can stop replying to people who are arguing anymore.
    You already understand chewie is kinda important, thats pretty much all that was needed. ;D

Man, i wish g9 does this event!

• 1. Gear X min. This has got me thrawn and jtr. Anything less you have to have really good mods. So you may have to create mod sets out of currently assigned heros and transfer them on to your bounty hunters for the event. 2. Omega everyone. Most people generally have boba fett at at least gear X so omega his leadership. Then make sure everyone's uniques and specials are omegad. 3. Zeta. If at all possible make sure your leader has all his zetas.
  • Still hoping the requirements for this event are reasonable. After my BH get completely smoked by the Wampa phase of the Galactic Bounty event, I’m pretty concerned. I’ve completely whaled out on gear and have Boba-12, Bossk-11, IG88-11, Greedo-10 and Dengar-10. Hoping that is sufficient and zetas are not necessary. Have one on deck that I’ve had reserved for Bastilla or hopefully Chewie.
    Ig88 will be your Achilles heal unfortunately
  • Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So destroying the wampa stage would be a good benchmark for the chewy event?
  • So destroying the wampa stage would be a good benchmark for the chewy event?

I doubt it'll be that hard, that's obnioxiously hard. I expect g10-11.
  • No_Try wrote: »

I hope you’re right.
  • So destroying the wampa stage would be a good benchmark for the chewy event?
    Great benchmark. I figure at the very least on par with that difficulty.
  • Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Half of me wants it to that hard so it’s a real achievement to own a seven star chewy. And the other half is like nah gimme gimme.
  • I would guess wampa is a great benchmark. Synergy with solo, and you can bet leia and Lando will most likely be part of the team, that the opening salvo will be insane and almost take out everyone. Bossk lead or Jango will pull them back from the brink of death or revive them. Plus with G12+ gear and 6 dot mods that’s gotta factor in to the game play.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    No_Try wrote: »

I hope you’re right.

I want it to be really, freakishly challenging, but still doable by maxed OG BHs.

Mine is a guess on how much it can be escalated from where we left on previous legendaries and how much CG can afford to alienate majority of the playerbase. G8-9 to g10-11 is still a serious bump for most, but somewhat doable.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    They said "very difficult". The second tier of the current ds event is "very difficult". So maybe that level of difficulty?
  • I don't think neither Bossk or Boba will be a viable leader for this event due to how their contracts work and how Chewbacca's guard pretty much counters to those 2 exactly. All other BH leaders, except for Jango are trash, so there you have it.
  • I'm starting to think bounty hunter's resolve will be key to survive the initial rebel onslaught... So if you have Jango, everything should be fine. If you don't I guess you'll have to restart until the rebels focus fire on Boba. I can definitely see something super annoying like that happening...
  • Xezee wrote: »
    I don't think neither Bossk or Boba will be a viable leader for this event due to how their contracts work and how Chewbacca's guard pretty much counters to those 2 exactly. All other BH leaders, except for Jango are trash, so there you have it.

I think the healng from bossk lead will be helpful regardless of the new chewie's kit.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    I'm starting to think bounty hunter's resolve will be key to survive the initial rebel onslaught... So if you have Jango, everything should be fine. If you don't I guess you'll have to restart until the rebels focus fire on Boba. I can definitely see something super annoying like that happening...

Probably not the initial onslaught. If they take two or three turns and kill off your toons before you get to go, jango lead won't help. You have to get the contract off and get a turn before that even goes on anyone but jango or boba.

It may still be beneficial to run jango because having bh resolve is always nice, but I doubt it would be req to win. That's a blatant cash grab since it is impossible to have a 7 star jango without dropping tins of cash (short of winning the rng lottery on packs).

More likely it'll be designed to be difficult without at least a 7 star bossk. But only moderately difficult with zeta bossk and perhaps easier with a jango or embo lead.

But bossk is likely the panic farm character. They typically at least wait for the character to be farmable before making them the panic farm character.
  • Has the date for this been announced yet?
  • They said "very difficult". The second tier of the current ds event is "very difficult". So maybe that level of difficulty?
    Well this event really varies in difficulty... I didn't try it without NS Zombie but I have a feeling without NS zombie my G8 NS team wouldn't do very well. Bossk could be the NS Zombie for the Chewbacca event. We will see.