The Omega Crunch is Out of Hand

I'm basically putting this game into maintenance mode for the next 6 months because I need about 250 omega mats and there is no way to expedite that amount of imbalance. I have plenty of zeta mats, plenty of purple mats, enough credits and enough gear. My game progression as a top end mid level spender is walled by about 5 Bounty Hunters and 5 Scoundrels worth of omegas. Plus Maybe 15 other abilities that really deserve the omega.

The challenges should be updated. A small uptick in credits and carbs would be nice but most importantly the omega challenge should drop 1 to 3 per attempt.

Replies

• I'd agree with you before they added the weekly shipments.

But now, that it has been added, i don't. I think it's just fine as it is. Buying the occasional packs, buying it from weekly store, refreshing omega battles, all these make it far less of a crunch now. :smile:
  • I'd agree with you before they added the weekly shipments.

But now, that it has been added, i don't. I think it's just fine as it is. Buying the occasional packs, buying it from weekly store, refreshing omega battles, all these make it far less of a crunch now. :smile:

The problem is you can only expedite 10 a week through those purchases. They need to add a huge influx to the game. I'm short 250 to 400 omegas on toons that are already geared and being used for TW. I'm basically guaranteed to auto pilot until Christmas. I don't care if they put out a 1 time $50 50 omega pack or something. As is goes right now there is no way to force this through. I would like at least 50 so I can Start my BH for the Chewie event. But I would also like to do my Scoundrel team.
  • Am I the only person who can hear the tiny tiny crying noises a whale makes when things don’t go how they want it to..
    Pick and choose where you put them, that’s the only way. Do you ‘need’ both teams right now? Probably not...
  • Disagree. I keep about 30 omegas on hand at all times, and only give out ones that matter. Using omegas to have BB8 taunt if all allies are droids in a team that rarely has more than 1 droid doesn't really make sense; 15% damage on an ability that hits for 2k is silly, and 5% damage (Poe's) is even sillier; +5% offense to a leader ability on a character that you never use to lead...

Just manage your omegas better, and buy them with crystals when the packs are available.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Am I the only person who can hear the tiny tiny crying noises a whale makes when things don’t go how they want it to..
    Pick and choose where you put them, that’s the only way. Do you ‘need’ both teams right now? Probably not...
    StarSon wrote: »
    Disagree. I keep about 30 omegas on hand at all times, and only give out ones that matter. Using omegas to have BB8 taunt if all allies are droids in a team that rarely has more than 1 droid doesn't really make sense; 15% damage on an ability that hits for 2k is silly, and 5% damage (Poe's) is even sillier; +5% offense to a leader ability on a character that you never use to lead...

Just manage your omegas better, and buy them with crystals when the packs are available.

I am assuming you haven't started work on Bossk Embo Aurra Jango Mission Zaalbar VC Qi'ra YH L3 T3 and all of the other new toons
  • Nobody said you needed everyone maxed right away. It's a resource management game more than anything. Patience or actual $$. The only two ways to move forward.

And actually I am working on Bossk, Embo, VC, Nest etc. I just don't expect to go from 0-100% overnight because I chose to work on 5-10 toons simultaneously.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Am I the only person who can hear the tiny tiny crying noises a whale makes when things don’t go how they want it to..
    Disagree. I keep about 30 omegas on hand at all times, and only give out ones that matter. Using omegas to have BB8 taunt if all allies are droids in a team that rarely has more than 1 droid doesn't really make sense; 15% damage on an ability that hits for 2k is silly, and 5% damage (Poe's) is even sillier; +5% offense to a leader ability on a character that you never use to lead...

I am assuming you haven't started work on Bossk Embo Aurra Jango Mission Zaalbar VC Qi'ra YH L3 T3 and all of the other new toons

"All the other new toons"? Sure, depends when you make the cutoff. I have worked on Bossk, Qi'ra, and all the KOTOR, but none of those other ones. There is no need to do so yet. An omega on a g8 character doesn't do a whole lot in most instances.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

"All the other new toons"? Sure, depends when you make the cutoff. I have worked on Bossk, Qi'ra, and all the KOTOR, but none of those other ones. There is no need to do so yet. An omega on a g8 character doesn't do a whole lot in most instances.

I'm not stuck on G8 right now, or anything less than g12= which is expected. I am however stuck on omega mats for all of the new content.
  • one week later I sit here with 30 zeta mats and 0 omega mats. I will probably hit 150 zeta mats if I take the time to do all the omegas i want to do.
    one week later I sit here with 30 zeta mats and 0 omega mats. I will probably hit 150 zeta mats if I take the time to do all the omegas i want to do.

This sounds like a "you" problem, not a "game" problem. I have 36 zeta mats and 60 omega mats, all reserved for Newie without a thought of using them for anyone else.
  • Same approach to planning @StarSon, CLS hopefully in October with enough to do Lvl 85, Zeta Learn Control & IBAT, right to at least G11, G12 if raid reward gods are in my favor.

Awfully tempting to click those green crosses on other characters though.
    one week later I sit here with 30 zeta mats and 0 omega mats. I will probably hit 150 zeta mats if I take the time to do all the omegas i want to do.

This sounds like a "you" problem, not a "game" problem. I have 36 zeta mats and 60 omega mats, all reserved for Newie without a thought of using them for anyone else.

While I don't fully agree with OP, and tend to side with the "it's a resource management game" folks, I wouldn't say this is a black and white you or game issue. I'd probably rephrase the OP and say that at a certain point the bottleneck shifts from zetas back to omegas. I almost always have more zeta mats than omega mats and it makes me very picky about who gets them.

Currently:

73ixqvkjkcy8.jpeg

It would be nice to increase the flow of omegas a bit to ease this bottleneck. I don't really expect it to happen though.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

While I don't fully agree with OP, and tend to side with the "it's a resource management game" folks, I wouldn't say this is a black and white you or game issue. I'd probably rephrase the OP and say that at a certain point the bottleneck shifts from zetas back to omegas. I almost always have more zeta mats than omega mats and it makes me very picky about who gets them.

Currently:

73ixqvkjkcy8.jpeg

It would be nice to increase the flow of omegas a bit to ease this bottleneck. I don't really expect it to happen though.

For sure. I understand the bottleneck has moved for a lot of players. But it's no different than the Pit Gear bottleneck that makes even less sense. Perhaps I've just come to terms with both issues, and plan my roster moves around them.
  • I don't think most of the posters in this thread play the game at a level where they are able to see the imbalance here. This is a resource management game but most resources follow a regular schedule; Which when farmed in unison are able to advance a proportionate amount of toons in a proportionate amount of time. For example in a week you will farm enough gear to g12 a toon. You will farm enough credits to level 85 a toons. You will farm roughly 300 to 400 shards though many are duplicates but roughly you will 7* a toon each week. Not all toons have zeta's but you farm them at a relatively close rate to the amount needed, probably 10 a week and you only need to zeta that 7* level 85 g12 toon every other week. So basically everything falls in unison. Except omega mats. Between the 5 or 6 abilities they give each toon plus the omegas you need for zeta's you are looking at roughly 30 omega mats a week to keep pace with those other farms. You are probably only getting 15 or so. They did add them to the shop recently but that imbalance kept on for so long we are back logged several hundred omegas. Plus now buying them with crystals we still run a deficit compared to other content.

It was just a very odd place in the game to add a severe crunch and mild paywall. It makes sense for new content to be scarce. These became scarce Ex Post Facto.
    I don't think most of the posters in this thread play the game at a level where they are able to see the imbalance here. This is a resource management game but most resources follow a regular schedule; Which when farmed in unison are able to advance a proportionate amount of toons in a proportionate amount of time. For example in a week you will farm enough gear to g12 a toon.

You lost me here. It is not possible, without real money, to farm enough gear to take a char to g12 every week. And even then, you'd have to hit the max refresh cost every day.
    I don't think most of the posters in this thread play the game at a level where they are able to see the imbalance here. This is a resource management game but most resources follow a regular schedule; Which when farmed in unison are able to advance a proportionate amount of toons in a proportionate amount of time. For example in a week you will farm enough gear to g12 a toon.

You lost me here. It is not possible, without real money, to farm enough gear to take a char to g12 every week. And even then, you'd have to hit the max refresh cost every day.

Let’s say you pull in 1000 crystals a day, from both arenas, gw, daily rewards ect… You use half of them to farm shards. That means you get 3,500 crystals to help get by gear bottle necks. You have 2 Sith raids, 2 tank raids and 3 rancors. You also get gear from daily challenges, you get gear from TB and TW. You get gear from special events. You probably have mountains of gear from shard farming to bring each toon directly to G8. That means you only need to craft 24 pieces of gear a week to get a toon to g12. Most of those you will have a large stockpile of because different gear is farmed at different paces. For each toon you will probably only be bottle necked 10 of those 24 pieces. By the time you take this all into account it is fairly easy to g12 1 toon each week. This is actually how I plan my gear you take 1 toon a week and g12 them/g11 if you are waiting on shards. Since mid August I did Bastilla, then Enfys, then IG-88, then L3, then VC, then Bossk, then Dengar, and soon to be Cad. Along the way I was able to shuffle a few toons along as well like Big-z to g10 and work was started on Mission, T3, Jango and Qi’ra. I think getting 1 toon g12 each week is an understatement.
  • I generally get enough omegas for 2-3 abilities before i have to save them for a zeta. Although that pace is tight, i think it is generally acceptable. The people i want omegas on have them, or get them eventually. I don't think i should have unlimited omegas, i should have to choose what abilities to omega and what abilities to leave short. The only time I'm really hurting is like now where I'm pushing hard on getting undergeared BH's ready, so they are getting omegas before i normally would give them out.