Jango’s Defense Penetration

I notice in Jango’s unique that at level 6 he has +100% defense penetration. I have him at gear 7, and when I look at his stats, his defense penetration under General is 0%.

Does this mean that his defense penetration is 100% with his unique ability at level 6+, or is it 100% of 0%, essentially making it 0%?

I also wonder the same thing about Boba’s max payout, where his defense penetration is equal to 200% additional of his defense penetration, which for me at gear 9+3 is 0%. So is his payout worthless at the max level?

Finally, is defense penetration related in any way to armor or resistance penetration?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• Increases to stats from uniques don’t show under base stats like mods do. So he does have 100% defense penetration, which (if I’m not mistaken) should cancel out the enemy’s defense.
  • It's hard to tell for sure since swgoh.gg lists "resistance penetration" under Physical Offense and it's very obviously wrong (my g12 Boba Fett has 103 AP, not 0 as listed; 309 AP with his payout deals 50% more damage in general). But I'd have to agree with DaPowerfulJedi, the way it's worded suggests that it's 100% defense penetration period, not an additional bonus factor on his base armor/resistance penetration.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • It's a bug on swgoh.gg, as far as I can tell. It's printing Resistance Penetration twice intead of listing Armor Penetration. As I mentioned above, my Boba's AP is 103 with half of G12 filled. Once his payout goes off, the increase in AP is definitely noticeable (15k crits instead of ~10k).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    JediRobb wrote: »
    That all makes sense regarding Jango, thank you.

Any thoughts on Boba Fett’s maxed payout? Does it do anything if defense penetration stat is 0%? And if not, why is it even there? Seems like a total waste.

No it doesn't. Gear pieces generating AP stat are pink or gold and mostly at g9-g12, like Bayonet or even mk2 Bacta gel. For some unknown reason .gg site doesn't show that stat properly. You can check it on Boba, he has 200 AP, but shows 0 on stat summary on swgoh.gg.
    There are at least 3 parts on Jango that generate AP (bacta gel) and from wording in his unique it clearly states that it's an additive value, so Jango doesn't benefit much or at all from that unique. If it was a 100% armor penetration it would be worded like Sith Marauder - "ignores armor". Sorry to break your bubble.
    I think many in community would appreciate if ppl stopped feeding false information to these kinds of question, it only creates rumours. Hope I clarrified all that was bothering you @JediRobb
  • On mechanics, it says Jango gets 100% times whatever his defense penetration is, so double that stat.
  • I still don't even understand this. Doesn't even seem like the 50% max health and 100% defensive penetration even happens. Just upgraded with zetas and I don't even see any changes.