BH bonus shards [Event has not started yet]

Prev13456715
kevsmart
492 posts Member
edited September 2018
Are you kidding me? You couldn't have made this "bonus" worse if you tried. For me to get a CHANCE of bonus Bossk shards I have to farm nodes covering characters I already have on tier 7? And this is supposed to help?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I'd love to get more Embo shards, but unfortunately, you have to be Level 74 or 76 (depending on Light or Dark Side battles) to even have a chance. Not sure how long the Bounty Hunter bonus shards "event" is going to last, but it doesn't look like I will have a legitimate shot at getting Embo beefed up. Sad!
  • Bossk already has a node you can farm. And it has a chance to get you Embo shards too. Instead of Poe shards with a chance of Bossk shards.

Really a win-win. Why would you try and farm bossk shards from a non-bossk node, even if you didn't have those characters?
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Bossk already has a node you can farm. And it has a chance to get you Embo shards too. Instead of Poe shards with a chance of Bossk shards.

Really a win-win. Why would you try and farm bossk shards from a non-bossk node, even if you didn't have those characters?

* Aurra shards.

I'm quite pleased Bastila and Zam are in the same place.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Bossk already has a node you can farm. And it has a chance to get you Embo shards too. Instead of Poe shards with a chance of Bossk shards.

That's exactly my point, I won't be getting any bonus Bossk shards so the bonus isn't a bonus at all. And I don't really care about the bonus Aurra shards I'll be getting because they won't amount to anything meaningful. 5 or 10 shards closer to 7* is a lot more useful than 5 or 10 shards closer to 5* in the short term. Would have been so much better to just add Embo and Aurra to nodes early and make all the BH nodes double drops, maybe with a chance for these bonus drops just for the BH that are available elsewhere.
  • I am in the same boat as you, farming Bossk... Strange they didn't add Bossk as bonus in stage 9. What is the use of a few bonus shards of Aurra?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Let me check my only farms left
    Range Trooper, new toon, stage3 = IG88, had for years
    Vandor Chewie, new toon, Stage 4 = Greedo, had for years
    Bastila Shan, new toon, stage 5 =Zam Wesell, had for over a year
    Jolee Bindo, new toon, Stage 6 = Dengar, had for over a year
    Bossk, newish toon, stage 9 = Aurra Sing, yes here was one of the new ones
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I was under the impression we will get double drops not random bonus shards per stage, but hey Jango rewards were amazing so will not allow this BH bonus disappointment to affect my jolly mood :)
  • Ztyle wrote: »

Same boat except I finished Bossk last week. No bueno.
  • I am in the same boat as you, farming Bossk... Strange they didn't add Bossk as bonus in stage 9. What is the use of a few bonus shards of Aurra?

Uh...they're currently the only non $$ way to get them? You could use that "what is the use of a few bonus shards" for any bonus toon shards. What good are 3 aurra shards? What good are 3 bossk shards? What good are 3 dengar shards? They're a bonus. That's less you have to farm.
  • Ztyle wrote: »

Guess you'll be getting some shard currency then :)
    Farming Visas will get me some bossk, and farming bossk gets me some Aurra. Assuming drop rates aren't terrible.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Stage 1 - Boba Fett, had for years
    Stage 2 - Cad Bane, had for months
    Stage 3 - IG-88, had for years
    Stage 4 - Greedo, had for years
    Stage 5 - Zam Wesell, had for months
    Stage 6 - Dengar, had for years
    Stage 7 - Bossk, I just need 7 toons and then enough
    Stage 8 - Embo, need more toons of him
    Stage 9 - Aurra Sing, need more toons of her

In conclusion, players above 1-year have already got these bonus toons between Stage 1-6. I guess this Bounty Hunter Bonus Drop is an Event with % so that you will get these bonus drops in a possibility of some percent.
    And why do they add Embo on Stage 8 and Aurra Sing on Stage 9? Because they're the newest character after Boba Fett, Cad Bane, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wesell and Dengar. The next thing is you shall spend much energies (, money) and much time to upgrade them on 7 star characters. But we've to see these bonus drops could help us into collecting them in our squad (either for Embo and Aurra Sing and next is Jango Fett).

Source of this thread:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182551/bounty-hunter-bonus-drops-starting-tomorrow#latest

and an idea would be to add Sugi and Latts Razzi and maybe Marrok because they were one of the best bounty hunter in clone wars. Look here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164529/megathread-collected-ideas-for-characters-ships/p1
  • Any idea what the drop rates from the last bonus drops were?
  • From the last bonus like Darth Nihilus, Amilyn Holdo, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcum) and Visas Maar?
  • Yeah was it the usual 1 in 3 chance to get a bonus shard? If so if you devote all resources to bossk you could farm him from several nodes without refreshing. If you bought the 6 energy refreshes for 450 crystals you could get around 75 shards over the weekend. But that is assuming the drop rates are 1/3. Just trying to see how I'm going to do this. I need 97 bossk shards and 53 dengar shards. I think I have time to get both but really only need one. Just trying to decide where to focus. And drop rates matter for that.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The bonus shards are free. I'm not going to gripe about it too much. It is nice for new players who don't have any toons yet. It's kind of a disappointment to players who've been around a while.

They could have put bonus Bossk shards on Bossk's level. Everyone (except Kraken who already bought him) would have been super hyped over that. So it's a missed opportunity for the devs to get people excited, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Edit: That happens a lot that they fumble opportunities to make everyone happy by being tight fisted over silly things. Instead a few people end up mad.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    The bonus shards are free. I'm not going to gripe about it too much. It is nice for new players who don't have any toons yet. It's kind of a disappointment to players who've been around a while.

They could have put bonus Bossk shards on Bossk's level. Everyone (except Kraken who already bought him) would have been super hyped over that. So it's a missed opportunity for the devs to get people excited, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Look at this the other way - Bossk is on 9-B hard. Gotta be pretty advanced to access that. If they put his bonus in 9 only the level 82-84+ players could even attempt to get it.

Newer players will still be able to get Bossk shards while farming the 7s for other toons, while more veteran players can farm Bossk from his dedicated node and get aurra shards as a bonus.

And if they REALLY still want those bonus bossk shards, they can go farm the 7s for toons they don't have or gear/shard store credit.
  • Geeze, they do nothing and people complain, they do something and people complain ... It's a bonus, be happy to get it whether it's desired shards of shard shop currency.....

This is why we can't have nice things . .
  • Yeah was it the usual 1 in 3 chance to get a bonus shard? If so if you devote all resources to bossk you could farm him from several nodes without refreshing. If you bought the 6 energy refreshes for 450 crystals you could get around 75 shards over the weekend. But that is assuming the drop rates are 1/3. Just trying to see how I'm going to do this. I need 97 bossk shards and 53 dengar shards. I think I have time to get both but really only need one. Just trying to decide where to focus. And drop rates matter for that.

@DarkHelmet1138 are you saying do Bossk's node and then do all the tier 7 nodes to keep getting his bonus shards?

Edit: That happens a lot that they fumble opportunities to make everyone happy by being tight fisted over silly things. Instead a few people end up mad.

The other way this could have gone is that you get a drop of a random BH on any hard node, in which case you'd have a 1 in 9 chance to get Bossk. And then you'd have people upset that they keep getting Cad Bane or Greedo or <insert BH I already have at 7* here>. That's pretty much what happened to me when we got the Visas/Nih/Holdo/etc bonus drops the last time - I kept getting Nih, when I really wanted Visas. Others in my guild got a lot luckier and came out quite a few Visas shards ahead of me.
    At least this way, if you really want Bounty Hunter <X>, you know exactly where to farm them. The tradeoff is that there might not be any heroes that you need in that stage, in which case I'd look for a hard node that drops decent gear instead. And if you don't want to do that, well, free shard currency I guess.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m

And if they REALLY still want those bonus bossk shards, they can go farm the 7s for toons they don't have or gear/shard store credit.

I'm not farming other garbage to get him. Like I said. It's a freebie. Great for some people. Unimpressive for others. It could have been awesome for everyone almost effortlessly (like put bonus Bossk shards on his level AND a lower one that's easier to reach instead of Cad Bane shards that are useless since he's a GW store toon), but it is what it is.
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    Yeah was it the usual 1 in 3 chance to get a bonus shard? If so if you devote all resources to bossk you could farm him from several nodes without refreshing. If you bought the 6 energy refreshes for 450 crystals you could get around 75 shards over the weekend. But that is assuming the drop rates are 1/3. Just trying to see how I'm going to do this. I need 97 bossk shards and 53 dengar shards. I think I have time to get both but really only need one. Just trying to decide where to focus. And drop rates matter for that.

@DarkHelmet1138 are you saying do Bossk's node and then do all the tier 7 nodes to keep getting his bonus shards?

That's the idea. Obviously farm the ones that also have a char you need first but if the goal is to get bossk to 7 star then even farming toons you already have may be worth it. But at refreshing a node for only 25 crystals, you can likely avoid that for a hundred crystals or so. But if the bonus drop rates are horrendous then that isn't a viable strategy.
  • BeijiraReykvana
    57 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Hello @CG_SBCrumb, at what time will the bonus drops start, please? Obviously it's not 0:00 local time (that has passed for me) , as it used to be for other bonus/double drops so far. Is it 0:00 a.m. PST(as most events) , or 12:00 a.m. local time (like the resource events) ?
    Need to plan on when to use our energy... ;-) Thanks in advance for a short reply!
  • I'm not displeased, but it would had been nice if they had used more than 2 seconds on where the bonus drops is
    I'm still super happy for the rewards in Jango marquee
    those few shards I'm going to miss is far from making me angry or disappointed
    they just missed a good PR opportunity, that's it
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I'd have loved some Embo shards, but I'm not farming any characters from that stage. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about it though, because my bounty hunters are in pretty good shape overall and this event is meant to help the folks that still need shards to meet the legendary Chewbacca requirements.
  • You already have bh shards in hard nodes active?
  • Patrixon
    40 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Not yet :/
  • Can anyone explain to me how to get bonus Bossk shards?
  • Got mail saying bonus drops are up. These aren't, however, showing on nodes or actually happening. What's up? @CG_SBCrumb,
  • It's the 21st. It has been for 9 hours. Gonna have to start spending energy soon, so would be nice to know when the bonus shards are going live.
  • Just did 2 energy refills of Light side hard mode battles (14 total) and didn’t get one Bossk shard.

Did the Luke Farmboy, Poe and Finn ones. 20 Energy a piece so you would think 14 battles would be enough to get one to make this whole thing worthwhile and motivate me to spend more. Maybe it just went live and it’s bugged or something. But either way I wanted to report in and let you know what to expect.