DSid lead for HAAT

Dralkyr
457 posts Member
edited September 2018
I just started running the AA/BB8/CLS/AV/Thrawn for HAAT and love it. I was reading through abilities and saw that DSid full Lead gives +2% Offense to all Sith whenever they score a Crit, and his Lead gives better Crit chance. Not only that, but it lasts for the battle, not the encounter, so if I'm not totally confused that should persist between phases. With that, how well would a DSid lead team work with DV, EP, DM, and another AOE (maybe Sith Trooper). Lots of Crits getting lots of Off+, just no TM removal. But if you start it in P2 and run it through P3, the Offense might be enough to not worry about TM reduction like that. Thoughts?
Post edited by Dralkyr on

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Nope. Nothing to stop the rocket droid countering and gaining tons of TM plus no TMR means team would be toast in P3. You wouldn't stack enough offense to clear before it hit enrage. Also no heals.
  • That’s what I was afraid of, but I don’t know if the damage might be high enough. Sad.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    No protection recovery or cleanse either, with at least three squishy characters. Would get toasted coming out of the second or third topple in p2.
  • So maybe DS(L) + 2 AOE Sith + CLS + a healer?
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    So maybe DS(L) + 2 AOE Sith + CLS + a healer?

Go to YouTube. Search "wampanader" that's I think the only viable DS led team to solo the haat(led by vader).
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Dralkyr wrote: »

Go to YouTube. Search "wampanader" that's I think the only viable DS led team to solo the haat(led by vader).

In the OP's case DS = Darth Sion, he's theory crafting squads based round his leadership.

"DS led team to solo the haat(led by vader)" doesn't really make sense, since we don't get two leaders in raid.

In the OP's case DS = Darth Sion, he's theory crafting squads based round his leadership.

I edited my OP to be clear. DS here was meant to be Darth Sidious. I didn't even think about the fact that "DS" is now ambiguous, whoops! Though Sion has no leadership ability.

• Yeah, I realised that whilst doing my hAAT run, but wasn't gonna retreat to correct myself lol.
  • Yeah, I realised that whilst doing my hAAT run, but wasn't gonna retreat to correct myself lol.

Yeah, I wouldn't do that :)

"DS led team to solo the haat(led by vader)" doesn't really make sense, since we don't get two leaders in raid.

In syrup_chugger's post, DS=Dark Side.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I still don't think the 2% will stack as much as you think. Part of what makes the other teams good is either the tm gains from Luke getting assists and applying debuffs, not to mention the assists themselves. In the Zader version, the dots don't go away, adding to Wampa's strength and culling blade damage.

So even if you have enough Sith to maybe make the crits stack as much damage at the same rate Wampa does, you are missing all the extra turns both during topple and not, or the permadots. And with CLS and Hyoda you are now down two Sith. You may find it difficult to topple without the tank taking a turn, though maybe Master's Training will help. And let's not forget BB-8 is on those other teams, adding offense up, crit damage up, speed up, crit chance up, and granting loads of tm. So if you don't want to lose that, you're down to two Sith (and a harder topple if ID isn't up).

You can try it and report back, but I don't see a solo here.

In syrup_chugger's post, DS=Dark Side.

That's what I meant. I read OPs post as sidious, but wasn't very clear, did mean dark side. As in I'm only aware of vader being the only (dark side) leader in a team comp able to solo haat.
  • The 2% doesn’t stack fast enough to let you hit hard enough. The closest I think previously was JuggerMaul. Just stick to Yolo or Wampa.