New chewbacca reveal?

Replies

• Considering how most players will have a team of 5 BH, it's not crazy that they up the difficulty, the income has to flow somehow (and I completely agree with that)
  • It makes sense that'll it'll be harder. Since he is likely to be a req for jedi luke who will req another heroic character too. So it's not designed for early game players.

That being said the thrawn event was hard with g8 but easy with g10 so likely if you have g10 or g11, it'll be beatable but much easier if you have g12 or some of the new bhs.
  • It makes sense that'll it'll be harder. Since he is likely to be a req for jedi luke who will req another heroic character too. So it's not designed for early game players.

That being said the thrawn event was hard with g8 but easy with g10 so likely if you have g10 or g11, it'll be beatable but much easier if you have g12 or some of the new bhs.

Bb8 was a requirment for jtr but was one of the easier legendary events

I got it on the 3rd time around so can't say how bad it was the first time. I had kru by the time I was ready so it was really easy.

But Jtr wasn't a legendary requiring another legendary. So I would expect it to be equilivant to r2 but this one to be harder than r2.

Obviously, the difficulty can seem to vary a lot based on the mechanics of the req players. But I would think their goal would be to make it harder for the build up to a "tier 2" legendary that'll be needed for a "tier 2" heroic.
  • If your after 7 star.. At minimum you need 5 bounty hunters at 7 star.... If you need one of them to be boosk or embo, we might have a revolt.

You might be able to get away with G8 if you have uber mods... However remember toons need to be G12 to use 6dot mods.

If it is legendary it well be up for a week so you will have time to tweak things.
  • Legendaries have always been difficult because of the difficulty of acquiring the characters needed to attempt them.

OG BH range from very easy to easy to obtain and have been out forever.

Therefore, it makes sense that the needed gear tier will shift up to make the event challenging to complete.

My guess is G10 or G11 with some heals (ie. Bossk lead), or G12 or impossible without heals.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    If your after 7 star.. At minimum you need 5 bounty hunters at 7 star.... If you need one of them to be boosk or embo, we might have a revolt.

You might be able to get away with G8 if you have uber mods... However remember toons need to be G12 to use 6dot mods.

If it is legendary it well be up for a week so you will have time to tweak things.

I have 4 7 star at the moment. but only 40 shards needed for dengar and 85 needed for bossk. With the bonus drops, getting bossk there should be doable assuming decent drop rates and decent crystal income. I have boba g12, greedo g11, ig g11, and bossk, dengar, and cad at g8 but probably g9 before the event.

I'm thinking you'll probably need g10 or so with decent to good mods.
  • Zam lead zeta now heals health and protection, if Bossk isnt usable below 7*.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Its gonna be a challenge - HARD

How geared and moded exactly do we need our Bounty Hunters? That's what I wanna know.

What good is farming BH shards - if its the gear and mods that are going to be the real farming issue?

Wouldn't it be nice if they just told us what gear levels would be needed instead of everyone just speculating about it on the forum.

Mods make that a bit harder to do
  • Ebbda wrote: »
    If it requires max gear BH's for Chewie yet Thrawn can be done with g8 Phoenix, I'd be expecting a meta machine.

I'm sure folks unlocked CLS and other Legendary toons without max so unless CG come out and say g12 across the board, I say assume g8-9 should do it so long as RNG isn't elusive (211 times for Thrawn with Phoenix g8, for example).

However, IF they make it max gear that opens up a can of worms for future Legendary Events.

We shall see.

Nicely done

Did it with a gear 10, gear 9 and a few gear 8.... but at level 80 characters
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Zam lead zeta now heals health and protection, if Bossk isnt usable below 7*.

Wow good tip, didn't realize that, thanks for pointing out
  • Boo wrote: »
    Its gonna be a challenge - HARD

How geared and moded exactly do we need our Bounty Hunters? That's what I wanna know.

What good is farming BH shards - if its the gear and mods that are going to be the real farming issue?

Wouldn't it be nice if they just told us what gear levels would be needed instead of everyone just speculating about it on the forum.

They told us that with tier 1-6 of the sith raid and look how well that turned out.

I'm honestly worried that they'll be "yeah g10 toons can totally beat this" and we'll be like "g12+ toons can barely do this!" They don't currently have a good track record of accurately assessing what difficulty level is feasible for <g12 toons that lack god mods.

That's because the difficulty in getting JTR was in the vets, not BB-8. Jedi Luke is likely going to require CLS (not exactly hard at this point), CHS (very easy to get), ROLO (depending on your guild), Hoda (fairly easy to farm), and Chewbacca. Chewbacca is likely going to be the primary limiting factor in how many people get Jedi Luke the first time around, unless they throw a different character in there, so he's probably going to be really hard to get.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    It makes sense that'll it'll be harder. Since he is likely to be a req for jedi luke who will req another heroic character too. So it's not designed for early game players.

That's because the difficulty in getting JTR was in the vets, not BB-8. Jedi Luke is likely going to require CLS (not exactly hard at this point), CHS (very easy to get), ROLO (depending on your guild), Hoda (fairly easy to farm), and Chewbacca. Chewbacca is likely going to be the primary limiting factor in how many people get Jedi Luke the first time around, unless they throw a different character in there, so he's probably going to be really hard to get.

I wonder if they won't throw in a second required new Legendary just to limit it a little further.
  • I think RHan, not CHS. Just makes more sense, and not quite as easy to get (though not too hard either).
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    VonZant wrote: »

Zam lead omega .
    Nope, protection regain is zeta. The omega only adds +1% to heal. To clarify:
    • ability lvl 6: 3% health recovery
    • omega: 4% health recovery
    • zeta: 4% health and 4% protection recovery
    Post edited by vksg on
  • The extra BH shards will be over at the end of the day so maybe tomorrow...
    From what I've read it is a Legendary event, probably a bit harder than the last one (Thrawn was harder than Yoda, Yoda was harder than EP etc.)
    The real question is will they release the Mythic event in the same time for the lucky ones who can finish it immediately.
  • I think RHan, not CHS. Just makes more sense, and not quite as easy to get (though not too hard either).

Nah it’ll be Commander Han not raid Han. Raid Han is from Episode 4, CHS is from Episode 5. Jedi Luke is Episode 6. The Hero’s Journey squad for CLS was from Episode 4. Logically the Jedi Luke journey would need toons from Episode 5.

Nah it’ll be Commander Han not raid Han. Raid Han is from Episode 4, CHS is from Episode 5. Jedi Luke is Episode 6. The Hero’s Journey squad for CLS was from Episode 4. Logically the Jedi Luke journey would need toons from Episode 5.

They could add a carbonite han to stand in the background diring the later stages of the battle.

Chs is the same farming difficulty as one of the vets. Not as hard because there's only 1 of him but if you wait to the last min, I'm sure you'll be cursing it as mich as the vets.
  • vksg wrote: »

Zam lead omega .

@vksg I can assure you its an omega. I did it yesterday. Her unique is the zeta on her.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    There is no ability that is a pure Omega THEN a Zeta. All Omega and Zeta abilities are level 8 only.
  • Zam has 2 Zeta's. 1 on leader, 1 on unique. The 4% protection comes from lead zeta
  • vksg wrote: »

Zam lead omega .

@Kiritoismyname is correct. My original post was wrong as I just mis-remembered.

Which makes it even better. If we are limited to using a 7* Bossk and you dont have one, Zam may be the go-to lead in PVE events now. It heals for crazy amounts.
  • SWGOH.gg lists her leader as an Omega, her unique as a Zeta.

A Reddit post for the rework lists the same.

However; the kit reveal in this very forum has it backwards.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for correcting me and sorry for the confusion. Haven't brought her to lvl 85 yet so materials needed were hidden when I looked it up. Didn't even think of it not being zeta as it's a lvl 82 ability.
    Actually great news. I definitely would not spend a zeta on it but three omegas sounds great. Will go for it for Chewie's event.
  • NO Zam or Boosk here... even after the weekend event I am still like 120 shards short of 7star... I do have 4k crystals saved so I could perhaps get one to 7star before the end of the event... BUt both are low gear...

Right now at 7 star I have G12 Fett, and G11 Bane and IG88. And Greedo and Delgar at G7.

As for leader I would go with Delgar. Why Delgar?, leadership gives 50% health steal for healing and his leadership also reduces damage from critical hits. (remember your likely facing rebels in the chewie event). If he can stay alive and get stealth ed he can call in assists. I have two sets of 6dot mods, I can get Bane to G12 and give him and Fett the 6dot mods. Even if the other 3 die fast, my hope Bane and Fett with G12 and 6dot mods can survive uder Delgar's leadership.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @vksg

I used to think the same (82/84= Zeta) and got pimp slapped into reality on these very forums arguing similar things. Regarding Chopper's unique, actually. No worries.
  • @Vice_torn

I agree, if R2 and/or Leia are present I feel Dengar could be key as Smokescreen and Rebel Tactics are rendered virtually useless.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Vice_torn

I agree, if R2 and/or Leia are present I feel Dengar could be key as Smokescreen and Rebel Tactics are rendered virtually useless.

Plus his leader is a poor man's bossk with the health steal. Especially wonders for greedo who I've had in the red and then counter attack back to full health.

That said I think boba's lead might have a lot of potential now that thermal dets cant be cleansed. Between greedo, dengar, and cad you can keep thermal det debuffs on a whole team for a nice speed boost.