Territory War Matchmaker

Replies

• Trake
    147 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We are aware that some Guilds are battling in Territory Wars against higher GP Guilds with a deeper roster and can feel impossible to beat. Currently, we don’t see any egregious issues in the data but, after looking at the posts on the forums, it’s clear that we need to investigate further. Territory War Matchmaker is something we have been monitoring closely for a while but we still need to gather more info about the current situation.

I am combing through the forum for past GP mismatches for my report but I could use your help. Please post here with the following info if you have experienced a large mismatch in Guild GP during Territory War in the last couple months (last change to TW matchmaker was in March 2018):
    • Date of TW:
    • Your Guild’s GP
    • Opposing team’s GP:
    • # of my guild members who joined:
    • # of opposing guild members who joined:
    Attach any screenshots of the above info if you have them.
    Please.....for the love of God fix these matchups. This current tw they are 40 mil higher with 30+ gl’s over us. That’s insane to think that’s even close to a fair matchup. That is pretty much constant for my guild. We are 270 mil they are like 318mil.
  • Prosser
    158 posts Member
    Nice, our opponent has over 70 mil gp on us. Greeeeeeat match making :/ybh6quf94abd.jpeg
  • Trake
    147 posts Member
    Prosser wrote: »
    Nice, our opponent has over 70 mil gp on us. Greeeeeeat match making :/ybh6quf94abd.jpeg

Oh wow, that’s even worse than the crap we deal with lol. I’d put crap defense down and walk away haha
  • This was the official line:
    "Matchmaking seeks to create the most fair matchups, with two primary goals in mind:
    The squad power of participating individuals in each guild should be near the same average power.
    The strongest possible squads of both participating guilds should be near the same average power.

To achieve this, matchmaking uses multiple parameters.
    As a primary consideration, matchmaking identifies the strongest characters/ships expected to be used by each participant in the Territory War and assigns a value to each roster. Then it looks for the single strongest squads and compares them to each other. Matchmaking then aggregates these criteria for the guild and finds the opponent that is most similar."

I have always looked at the Active GP and Number of Players signed up to provide "average power" but not sure that is how they use this!

As for the strongest possible squads of both participating guilds, we actually ask our guild not to set there top 5 most powerful characters in a squad as it doesn't make them the strongest... So keen to know what is meant on this goal!

And the Format for reporting is key:
    Date of TW:
    Your Guild’s GP
    Opposing team’s GP:
    # of my guild members who joined:
    # of opposing guild members who joined:
    Attach any screenshots of the above info if you have them.

*I would add in the active GP for the TW
    This is the Way