Sith Raid Changes [MEGATHREAD]

Replies

• Options
    Does this mean that rank 1 HAAT rewards won't be like this kitten mess of a reward? I honestly want to know, as this is very common and very frustrating, is any of this useless stuff going to be removed and replaced by real gear?iqeed4a83t3z.png
  • Options
    Health reduced - check.

I'm happy
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    DEV POST

Changes to Rewards:
    Guilds will be completing the raid faster with the changes above which means more rewards overall. We also wanted to increase the quality of those rewards at the higher tiers of the raid. We could see from the participation data in different tiers that many guilds were skipping tiers 5 and 6 as the increased effort was not worth the small increase in rewards.

To address this gap, rewards for Tier 6 and above now include Mod Salvage and we are removing some of the Challenge gear from the AAT prize box that has been stacking up in your inventory because you’re already earning it in Daily Challenges. This will give you a better chance to get the gear you need to progress to the next tier and make the rewards feel consistently better than before.

While It great your dropping boss health at lower tiers to encourage guild to do this, If you see guild skipping tier 5 and 6 while only add extra reward to tier 6??? Half it again for tier 5. I can tell you that going from tier 4 to 5 is fairly noticeable challenge.
  • GiantFen
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I was curious when I saw a lot of people saying to remove Carbantis and leave the biotech salvage in, so I calculated it. You need a total of 13,680 eyeballs vs 21,950 mk III Carbantis, so all you guys saying "just buy the components to go with your salvage and you'll run out fast" - that's over 200,000 crystals worth of biotech components... AKA, roughly $1,300
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Keep the mk8 biotech implants! Those saying they have plenty should also state the number of G12 they farmed. I have 55 G12 and have 0 challenge gear, they are my main bottleneck from G11 to G12....

I have to agree, lots of toons need those balls I smell a future carbanti desaster here
  • Options
    nuwd7zftqanx.png

I have 6 of these now.
  • Options
    I kinda agree with the others that want the salvage to stay. It’s definitely true that once you start taking everything to g12 you notice them deplete. What was once 3800 salvages is now 1300, so I can probably see myself running out of it really soon. However, throughout the game getting those pieces has still been annoying when you need the better rewards to show up. Removing those 4 challenge gear pieces would increase the chances of you getting a complete biotech or the implants that you usually have to buy for crystals or get from stores. Not to mention the other more sought after pieces that the hAAT offers.

It’s debatable for sure.
  • Options
    Great changes, ty. Maybe it take too long but its happened. Gold eye-ball issue; its running out, that is a fact. I was buying black ones but not anymore because gold ones are runnig out. Ty again for the changes !!!! great work.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Montanz wrote: »
    I kinda agree with the others that want the salvage to stay. It’s definitely true that once you start taking everything to g12 you notice them deplete. What was once 3800 salvages is now 1300, so I can probably see myself running out of it really soon. However, throughout the game getting those pieces has still been annoying when you need the better rewards to show up. Removing those 4 challenge gear pieces would increase the chances of you getting a complete biotech or the implants that you usually have to buy for crystals or get from stores. Not to mention the other more sought after pieces that the hAAT offers.

It’s debatable for sure.

I think the pieces of gear and full pieces drop tables are seperate. Challenge gear getting out shouldn't effect your full chances.

What are the more sought after haat offers? Give an example and lets see which one you'll need most and quantify this.

• Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Like 99% of the people in here, put the Biotech salvage back in please.
    Post edited by Palanthian on
  • Options
    the one thing I’d still like to see go away is the randomness on sabre buffs. They removed the debuffs on non-heroic, but imho, heroic needs non-random sabres. The flow of a run heavily depends on that pure RNG factor.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Montanz wrote: »

It’s debatable for sure.

What are the more sought after haat offers? Give an example and lets see which one you'll need most and quantify this.

Good point! I hardly even check my HAAT rewards bcs 95% of raids they are utter trash.... Just like HSTR when I don't get full pieces (or I keep NOT getting a g12+ salvage I really want to put on some toon).
    Heck, I don't even remember last time posting anything but 0 in HAAT bcs of that - when I did post good score I was still getting trash.
  • Options
    What about daka’s zeta?
  • Options
    MK8 implants are my biggest gear block right now. The drop rate in challenges is lower than Carbantis and the currency cost in the guild store is also higher (and you need 60 versus 50).

For late game players who have lots of gear 12 characters, these are often the barricade for upgrading further toons to gear level 12. Most characters need at least one and some require up to four.

The stats would show most players probably don’t need these today, but it’s amazing seeing a new guy in my guild complain about these every few weeks after having thousands of them at one point.

The other pieces of challenge gear are simply not required to the same extent. Would add that certain pieces of purple gear should have reduced chance to drop as well - have 1,200 Mk11 blastech pieces, 1,000s of the Mk3 gel and holo projectors along with almost 2,000 of the furnace salvage. The chance of rewards to drop should be pro-forms for the amount of pieces required for all characters .
  • Options
    GiantFen wrote: »
    I was curious when I saw a lot of people saying to remove Carbantis and leave the biotech salvage in, so I calculated it. You need a total of 13,680 eyeballs vs 21,950 mk III Carbantis, so all you guys saying "just buy the components to go with your salvage and you'll run out fast" - that's over 200,000 crystals worth of biotech components... AKA, roughly $1,300

• Options
    Zanads wrote: »
    The entire problem with the sith raid is DN. As long as his annhiliate remains random, and he gets that **** shield from basic attacks, he will continue to drive people away from this raid.

They fixed it though. It’s now extremely predictable. You don’t have to try and guess who he will attack, or how many times.

Well, they PARTIALLY fixed it. Nihulus won't decrease his CD by removing BUFFS from your toons anymore. However, you still have the joy of RNG applying defense down on basic attacks to your toons, getting just enough for Nihulus to use Force Drain and reducing the CD of Annihilate to use immediately. Granted, that's a more rare occurrence, but still a part of what makes him an RNG nightmare.

He's more predictable, but people will still be put into situations where a restart is the better option.

I agree with you on this - I would have preferred to see something like Nihilus only being able to use annihilate on the first move of his turn, and prohibited from using it on the second move (or third for heroic) per turn.
    That way there's no possibility that he can annihilate you without giving most of your toons a chance to use Will before hand.

I can only hope this partial fix does enough to make nihilus merely annoying rather than hair-pullingly frustrating...
  • Options
    How come you think it's less annoying dealing with the sabers in P3 in heroic vs all the others?

In my opinion it's even more annoying in T7 than the others. Having done T4-7 I have seen the difference
  • Options
    I’m glad you’re finally reducing the health, and it’s not just 5%. One problem I still see is that there’s no increase to rewards in lower tiers. Maybe you could up the guild currency and add a bit of guild event currency?

Why would they need to do this? You're going to be going through 2 - 4 more raids in the same amount of time as one before, effectively doubling or quadrupling your rewards.
  • Options
    Loving the health drops on the Sith bosses at lower than heroic. Now our guild will be able to cruise through T5 and maybe even move up to T6.

But I will echo what many others are saying and ask that the Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage specifically be kept in. That's a bottleneck for getting characters from G10/11 to G12.
  • Options
    I'm sure they've looked at the data and seen most people aren't running out of the biotech implant only the vocal complainers on here.
    If that changes I'm sure they'll adjust but in the mean time maybe those complaining should focus their gearing more and realise you're not supposed to have every toon at G12 immediately. And if you're a spender just buy it
  • Options
    The next part of the mechanics changes involve Traya in Phase 3 (Tiers 1-6). We have changed Traya’s lightsabers to no longer dispel or apply debuffs based on the buff they start with. The sabers will still have random buffs, but this adjustment will hopefully decrease the need to restart until they get the right combination of buffs on the lightsabers because of the paired debuffs.

@CG_SBCrumb -- I presume you guys have actual data backing your decision up (and if you do, please let me know), but I will say anecdotally that you've got it backwards. During the couple of months my guild ran t6, I never really cared about the starting debuffs in p3. Whether it was my JTRey or Thrawn teams, it was easy enough to drpo the sabers and topple. The starting debuffs in p3 don't really matter except for running a team like Chex Mix, which is really a heroic team.
  • Options
    I'm sure they've looked at the data and seen most people aren't running out of the biotech implant only the vocal complainers on here.
    If that changes I'm sure they'll adjust but in the mean time maybe those complaining should focus their gearing more and realise you're not supposed to have every toon at G12 immediately. And if you're a spender just buy it

What makes you sure they will simply adjust something on their own to decrease a bottleneck?
  • Options
    Player's that bought a lot of the mk8 Prototypes from shipments (because they're a good deal compared to most other gear purchases) apparently have a shortage.

I'm at 3.5M, with 31 g12 toons, and I'm still sitting on 1400 of the salvage. It just means that I've chosen to spend my crystals differently than some of these other players, so I have a different bottleneck.

Any change that the Devs make (or leaving things unchanged) will always upset a certain percentage of the population. I'm personally thrilled that these gear pieces are leaving the loot pool. If they chose to leave them in, I would be frustrated.

I'm willing to bet they run the numbers and look at the percentage of the population that has a plethora of these parts vs a shortage, and make decisions based on what will improve the lives of "X" percentage.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Player's that bought a lot of the mk8 Prototypes from shipments (because they're a good deal compared to most other gear purchases) apparently have a shortage.

I'm at 3.5M, with 31 g12 toons, and I'm still sitting on 1400 of the salvage. It just means that I've chosen to spend my crystals differently than some of these other players, so I have a different bottleneck.

Any change that the Devs make (or leaving things unchanged) will always upset a certain percentage of the population. I'm personally thrilled that these gear pieces are leaving the loot pool. If they chose to leave them in, I would be frustrated.

I'm willing to bet they run the numbers and look at the percentage of the population that has a plethora of these parts vs a shortage, and make decisions based on what will improve the lives of "X" percentage.

It's not us vs. them. You need to run things through some math to understand the scale of the problem. Check how much of the other non-challenge gear you need. Now compare it to this:

13.680 (total salvage you need)-1400(what you got)-90*31(90 is the average salvage a toon needs)

=

You still need 9490 of them! This is in addition to the prototypes you will have to buy anyways.

We are trying to cover all the playerbases back and yet some are sabotaging the effort. CG of course benefits from taking them out, because it's yet another bottleneck they create by this.

Just as an example I'll compare it to your mk5 medpac prototype needs:
    https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/130/mk-5-athakam-medpac/

It's needed 87 times. 4350 pieces. 27 pieces average per toon*31 you already got=842

You will need 3508 more of them.

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Nevermind. Wrong piece. Thanks for info
  • Options
    Saxmarinio wrote: »
    Zanads wrote: »
    The entire problem with the sith raid is DN. As long as his annhiliate remains random, and he gets that **** shield from basic attacks, he will continue to drive people away from this raid.

They fixed it though. It’s now extremely predictable. You don’t have to try and guess who he will attack, or how many times.

Well, they PARTIALLY fixed it. Nihulus won't decrease his CD by removing BUFFS from your toons anymore. However, you still have the joy of RNG applying defense down on basic attacks to your toons, getting just enough for Nihulus to use Force Drain and reducing the CD of Annihilate to use immediately. Granted, that's a more rare occurrence, but still a part of what makes him an RNG nightmare.

He's more predictable, but people will still be put into situations where a restart is the better option.

I agree with you on this - I would have preferred to see something like Nihilus only being able to use annihilate on the first move of his turn, and prohibited from using it on the second move (or third for heroic) per turn.
    That way there's no possibility that he can annihilate you without giving most of your toons a chance to use Will before hand.

I can only hope this partial fix does enough to make nihilus merely annoying rather than hair-pullingly frustrating...

Yep. I forgot about stacking speed too, so you can't reliably predict when he'll actually go. That ends up messing me up more often than not.

Use Will > Nihulus goes later than predicted > toon rolls back in turn order > Will expires > Nihulus uses Annihilate > restart.

Alternatively, usually deeper into a run:

Will goes onto a slower toon > Nihulus queues up annihilate > toon doesn't get a turn before Nihulus uses annihilate > restart.

Pure irritation.
  • Options
    Great changes, and I will try, I finish last 10 raids in 1 place. And never get this biotech implants. Alvays for hp
  • Options
    McRopeKey wrote: »
    This is what they are getting rid ofmh9vlcuwrbfi.jpg

Not the component that looks like a black eyeball. The component is the thing you are likely running out of...

Ah ok thanks
  • jdport
    82 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Another vote for leaving the mk8 biotech in the reward pool please
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Double post