Sith Raid Changes [MEGATHREAD]

Replies

• We just started the new raid rework and hot dam if it’s not much improved. What a freakin difference. We actually can do T6 now. For what it’s worth, this is much appreciated.
  • i love this new rework. 100% satisfied. nice job CG
  • Did the rework kick in for already in progress raids? Or does it start on the next raid after release?
  • Mechanics changed for ongoing raids.

Health pool will not change until you finish then start a new one or abandon the current one.

Our guild had to.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Mechanics changed for ongoing raids.

Health pool will not change until you finish then start a new one or abandon the current one.

Our guild had to.

Thanks. I figured something would have to wait for a fresh start.
  • I'm confused as to why cg decided to remove the mk8 biotech salvage as almost every character need them, some multiple times, i though it was hard to get those before now you're lucky to get a full one every week and that doesn't include the gold salvage, now i have tons of mk5 medpacs and mk8 binocs salvage as they aren't needed even half as much we need the mk8 biotech salvage put back in raids, at least tank and rancor for a start
  • My Guild (119 M GP) completed Tier V in one refresh, few hours less than the old Tier IV. Waiting for rewards.....
    Tier VI is a concrete target now...
  • For heroic, P1 is a cakewalk now. Nihilus just stands there. Pretty boring actually.

And P3 is still a horrible, confusing and extremely annoying mess that just drains my energy and will to play this game.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just tested. The HP reduction is amazing. No more "chore sith raid".
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    KKatarn wrote: »

Seriously, we moved from T3 to T4 to test and finished in about 2 hours with only 18/50 turning in scores, where T3 previously took one reset to finish. I really have to wonder who green lighted the previous health etc, and thought incredibly tough and tideous was the way to go. Whomever it was should have their crayons taken away.

Tier 4 rewards
    6hn1xzvv8fzv.png
  • Oh it's so nice knowing we can do T5 or even T6 if we don't mind a bit of a longer raid. My first guild launched a T4 when it first came out, nobody cared about it, took almost 3 months to finish it. It was painful.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Oh it's so nice knowing we can do T5 or even T6 if we don't mind a bit of a longer raid. My first guild launched a T4 when it first came out, nobody cared about it, took almost 3 months to finish it. It was painful.

Sounds like our early days, AATn took 2 months lol
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • I don't think you achieved what you guys set out to accomplish? Offense is but non existent & RNG incredibly binding in the lower tiers. We have tried t4 & T5 so far. Both are broken & worse, not including the NS
  • I agree with Pan2218, this seems broken. We just finished a Tier 5 before the rework and just launched another Tier 5 this morning and it actually seems harder. My Nightsisters and Bounty Hunter Squads both did about 40% less damage than they usually do. Not sure how this is supposed to be easier? This is going to take just as long to complete. The one thing I will say is Nihilis does seem to annihilate less. So far this change to the Raid is worse!!!
  • Ev9d972
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hello, from the last update, my app stop at 32.56% Darth Traya's battle, all controls lost its function and I must to restart the game, but every time back to stop at this point.
    Attached see an screenshot of issue.
    May the Force be with you.8rkaksgaf6jh.png
  • KKatarn wrote: »

Seriously, we moved from T3 to T4 to test and finished in about 2 hours with only 18/50 turning in scores, where T3 previously took one reset to finish. I really have to wonder who green lighted the previous health etc, and thought incredibly tough and tideous was the way to go. Whomever it was should have their crayons taken away.

Tier 4 rewards
    6hn1xzvv8fzv.png

+1 my guild jumped from doing tier 2 and maybe the occasional tier 3 which took 3-6 days depending on player apathy to blowing through tier 4 in a day or 2 depending on participation.

Most nice is having a day or two off between raids so it isn't soul sucking unlike before where it took so long we needed to start another as soon as we finished to keep from hitting the currency cap.
  • We did a T4 in 2.5 hours not 2 days, then aT5 in 42 hours rather than 6.5 day's previously... Both with only half or less participation..
    A T6 is next and we'll see how it goes..
  • Jailwatcher
    151 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    We just completed a T6 in 2.5 days. It used to take us 3-4 days to complete T5 and we abandoned our only other T6 try after 6 days into P1.

Straight away people are saying in our guild that the HSTR raid suddenly seems achievable and while its early on initial indications is that participation is going to be up (we had 46/48 post at least something this raid.)

It feels like AAT T6 was now, you need specific teams to compete, its a good testing platform and can be completed within a timeframe where people do not lose interest. I am just sad its taken this long as we lost a few people due to this raid

@CG_SBCrumb Please pass on one message to the team. Making an event to hard does not make people want to strive to complete it, it pushes them away and makes things seem unachievable. Anything that cant be completed within a couple of days when using the suggested required toons and gears is going to drive people away. I appreciate this changes have finally been made.

Edit: For context, we are a 121 GP guild with active players.
  • Ev9d972 wrote: »
    Hello, from the last update, my app stop at 32.56% Darth Traya's battle, all controls lost its function and I must to restart the game, but every time back to stop at this point.
    Attached see an screenshot of issue.
    May the Force be with you.8rkaksgaf6jh.png

This is a HUGE ongoing issue that for some reason only certain people seem to get affected, it happens to for months now just not all the time, you lose the attack and retreat option and are forced to restart the game, only happens in STR P3. @CG_SBCrumb Please see this thread (and note the links to MANY other threads and people with the same issue further down in the linked thread) and please alert the tech team this is still ongoing.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sith-Raid-no-attack-buttons-or-retreat-option-bug/td-p/6886829
  • Am I the only one who thinks they took WAY too much health off of this raid? It's seems like a major over compensation for where it started. My guild was doing a Tier 1 in about 3 days. We just finished a Tier 2 in less than 3 hours and many members didn't get a chance to participate. Fixing the mechanics and taking 10-20% health off the raid would have been plenty. It now sucks for a completely different reason than before.
  • The rewards for T4+ greatly outweigh the rewards for T1-3. I'd count your blessings.
  • RebelLion wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks they took WAY too much health off of this raid? It's seems like a major over compensation for where it started. My guild was doing a Tier 1 in about 3 days. We just finished a Tier 2 in less than 3 hours and many members didn't get a chance to participate. Fixing the mechanics and taking 10-20% health off the raid would have been plenty. It now sucks for a completely different reason than before.

Sorry, but your perception is skewed, Instead of taking it negatively. Take it positively, it means you and your guild can actually hit a higher tier, with a little better rewards, and not mindlessly chip away at tier one and collect useless rewards.

Tier three min, possibly tier four is where you should be, ideally tier four, the rewards are not a,among, however they are much better across the board then tier one.
  • RebelLion wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks they took WAY too much health off of this raid? It's seems like a major over compensation for where it started. My guild was doing a Tier 1 in about 3 days. We just finished a Tier 2 in less than 3 hours and many members didn't get a chance to participate. Fixing the mechanics and taking 10-20% health off the raid would have been plenty. It now sucks for a completely different reason than before.

Sorry, but your perception is skewed, Instead of taking it negatively. Take it positively, it means you and your guild can actually hit a higher tier, with a little better rewards, and not mindlessly chip away at tier one and collect useless rewards.

Tier three min, possibly tier four is where you should be, ideally tier four, the rewards are not a,among, however they are much better across the board then tier one.

No, my perception is just fine.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    RebelLion wrote: »

No, my perception is just fine.

This is the sign that your guild is ready to advance a tier. Isn't that a good thing? We were doing T5 despite being able to clear T6, because the rewards vs effort ratio just wasn't there in T6 (5 days). Now we're happily doing T6, which is better prep for herioc than T5 ever was, getting better rewards as a bonus and clearing it in 2d, which is more than than enough time for everyone to join in (with 1-2d of downtime).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Always do the Tier that you clear without maxing tickets. Especially with GET as rewards on T5&T6. If you're blowing through 1&2 in a matter of hours that's a huge waste of Raid Tickets.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Always do the Tier that you clear without maxing tickets. Especially with GET as rewards on T5&T6. If you're blowing through 1&2 in a matter of hours that's a huge waste of Raid Tickets.

This. The reason it took many guilds days to do tier 2 or 3 was because it was so over tuned guilds that just met the listed minimum requirements would take weeks. The old health pools had many guilds that had the older raids on farm taking several days for sith raid tiers that had gear rewards inferior to what they got from hpit or haat.

If your guild is at all close to farming hpit you should be doing tier 4, if you have haat on farm you should be doing tier 5 as those tiers roughly correlate with the gear, level, & mod requirements of those older raids.

• I understand fully well that when one tier becomes too easy, move to the next tier. My point is that they nerfed the health to the tune of a 90% or so reduction. That is not the behavior of a company that has a well thought out plan, nor a well tested product. First they made it so hard that it was not t l fun. Now they've done the exact opposite, making it really easy, which is also not fun.

It's also funny that, in the early days of the raid, when people were complaining how ridiculously hard the raid was, many of the seasoned vets here were saying, even about Tier 1, that this was supposed to be an "end game" raid and it wasn't supposed to be easy.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I understand fully well that when one tier becomes too easy, move to the next tier. My point is that they nerfed the health to the tune of a 90% or so reduction. That is not the behavior of a company that has a well thought out plan, nor a well tested product. First they made it so hard that it was not t l fun. Now they've done the exact opposite, making it really easy, which is also not fun.

It's also funny that, in the early days of the raid, when people were complaining how ridiculously hard the raid was, many of the seasoned vets here were saying, even about Tier 1, that this was supposed to be an "end game" raid and it wasn't supposed to be easy.

Your logic kinda beats itself. How is it "really easy, which is also not fun."? when you can move up a tier or two?

• Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I understand fully well that when one tier becomes too easy, move to the next tier. My point is that they nerfed the health to the tune of a 90% or so reduction. That is not the behavior of a company that has a well thought out plan, nor a well tested product. First they made it so hard that it was not t l fun. Now they've done the exact opposite, making it really easy, which is also not fun.

By the end though even the seasoned vets who had said that the difficulty was fine had largely changed their minds that the raid was poorly thought out. Witness the feedback thread from a few months ago where you would struggle to find 1 in every 100 posts that said it was well done.

Fact is your right, the nerf was because the raid wasn't well thought out or tested. Because of the poor design & QA they had to nerf it by such vast amounts. Not nerfing it so hard would've been the wrong choice.

Regardless you are missing the point that you aren't supposed to be doing tier 1 or 2 if you can do hpit, you're supposed to do tier 4. if you can do haat you should do tier 5, maybe tier 6. Those sith raid tiers pull their gear loot from the same respective hpit & haat loot tables for that reason. In my experience doing the tier appropriate to hpit/haat sees it taking slightly longer than hpit or haat. For example we've consistently blown through tier 4 in 12-14 hours and, because of guild rules against soloing hpit, it takes us 3-6 hours for that raid.

It's not really the devs fault if you decide you would rather do a tier you are vastly over geared for and as a result get gear that won't help you improve your teams.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    And also blow through your raid tickets in two or three days. The cost to launch Tier 1-3 is definitely not worth the reward if your Guild can even do normal AAT in decent time.