How far can my FO team go?

dasbobbybob
52 posts Member
edited September 2018
How long can I stay put in my arena with my FO team? viability?
*Note: With constant gearing and mod-adapting; omegas are underway, just waiting to get levels.

https://swgoh.gg/p/945735951/

Thanks!

Also, gears are ready for gear X - 4/5 toons; just pumping up some more carbantis for FOST

Replies

• Avoiding Palo teams and hitting Jedi and nightsisters gets me top 20 daily if I time it properly....

gcjyvk9rtf3m.jpg
  • FO can only get you so far in arena depending on your shard age. Team comp is important and can change based on who you hit. I use: zKRU, FOO, FOX, SFTP, zFOST
  • I used to flow constantly from 250-275 when I woke up, to about 180@ payout. Bad days I'd be around 300.

At the time I was running zKRU, Kylo, FOST, FOTP and FOE. Decent but not top-tier speed, those mods still seem to elude me in my months of farming.

I finally caved and switched to FOO instead of FOTP. Now I run zKRU, zFOST, zKylo, FOO, FOE and I say under 200 without batting an eye, never have to check to see if I'm still there and am now flirting with sub-100. FOO currently at 254 and increasing whenever I get lucky on a slice.

Been FO-Arena since I got Kylo back at the start.
  • What's a Palo team?

I often finish between rank 40-21; Account is Level 77, running KRU, Kylo, FOO, FOST, FOE.
    I am definitely enjoying this, rather than fighting tons of mirror matches. Knowing that somewhere down the Lvl 85 road that FO is viable sure is a good feeling. I'll aim for that, @BubbaFett.

Thank you for responding!
  • How long have you been playing? If you just started and not coming back from a break, you should be fine. Eventually when the third movie comes out we’ll get more FO toons as well, namely Supreme Leader Kylo. So you’ll be prepared.
  • What's a Palo team?

I often finish between rank 40-21; Account is Level 77, running KRU, Kylo, FOO, FOST, FOE.
    I am definitely enjoying this, rather than fighting tons of mirror matches. Knowing that somewhere down the Lvl 85 road that FO is viable sure is a good feeling. I'll aim for that, @BubbaFett.

Thank you for responding!

Sorry, meant to say palp team.....
  • @OnEMesSduPKiD

I recently started a few months ago. Nope, not from a break.
  • OnEMesSduPKiD
    669 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @OnEMesSduPKiD

I recently started a few months ago. Nope, not from a break.
    Awesome. You’ll be good for awhile then. Let me know if you need any FO help. They’re my best team :smiley:

https://swgoh.gg/p/453621327/characters/?f=First+Order
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @OnEMesSduPKiD

Nice squad! Jealous of the gear levels! Only one I don't have is SF TIE. Can't spare the Guild currency at the moment. Dang!
    Post edited by Vendi1983 on
  • Overall FO is good f2p if you use them in fleet as well, then it will give you ok amount off crystals. Also for raids they are good in the lower lvl´s, P2 Haat and P2 HSR, i used them with CLS ad low lvl to solo Rancor.

I guess some better f2p squads but if you run FO i would properly keep going.
  • here's to the first order!!

thank you again for the people who responded!!
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    wscfrx9faymr.png

I take 1st in arena with first order whenever I have the time to play at payout (the swgoh.gg tracking is off by at least and hour and I was on holiday in the middle of that). I'm on a 10 month old shard though so only a few Traya teams. Once more and more appear I'll be limited by only being able to beat the teams I have better mods than and will probably start falling quite a bit farther on defence. Other people in very old shards that can take top 10 with FO, find they generally fall on defence to the 40s, 50s or even 60s. At the moment I personally fall to the 20s or 30s.

I also find I have to run 7 characters with arena mods so I can switch depending on the team. I keep a core of zzKRU, FOO, FOX, Zylo. The in the 5th spot;
    vs Sith (palp or traya lead) I use zNest,
    vs JTR I use Nest if BB8 is less than ~305 spd and thrawn (to fracture him) if quicker which he quite often is.
    vs Jedi I use zFOST, the extra taunt and dispel are very useful

On defence I try to leave Nest in as a happy middle ground. If I leave zFOST in there are only a few of the jedi teams that can beat my FO team but it's a complete walkover for sith and JTR. The problem with FO on defence is that FOO is almost a necessity on the team but is a massive massive liability on defence because of his shockingly bad AI, (wrong priority order on specials and loves to with cleanse the DOT of kylo preventing his CD reset or give thrawn 100% turn meter directly after fracturing someone). The AI really can't go wrong with nest though so having her in makes the team harder to beat as it does basically any team.

I'm sort of working on phasma on the side as having her as the 5th is a more reliable way of beating Traya lead teams but to be honest as soon as I get Traya I'll probably jump on the meta band waggon if it's still going that way.

If a lot of people start using Jango though, (even at 3*) that may become a big problem for FO because of "can't gain TM" but that's just speculation. Other speculation point is the Qira lead scoundrel team which could become popular if Chewi fits into it, from what I can tell FO have no problem with that team as things stand. If things don't change too much with Jango and new legendary toons then you should be set with FO for the foreseeable future. But don't sleep on making sure you plan on getting a meta backup team like jedi or sith!

Good Luck!

Edit:typo
  • Important to know that all shards are different.

In some, mine for example, an FO team will be eaten alive. In others, they might do quite well.

But largely - FO are not commonly thought of as a very good Arena team.
  • This "my shard is harder than your shard" argument may well be true but I don't personally buy it, we'll never know because you can't compare teams properly shard to shard. I tried to be as comprehensive a possible in providing qualifications such as being in a young shard with a low number of Traya teams. Let me be more explicit.

OP
    1) If you carry on using FO you should win nearly every battle on offence up to the point you are significantly out modded or (especially given your level of progression) out geared.
    2) The exception to this is Traya lead, Sion, Nihilus, Sith Trooper, +Nest or a 5th Sith which will be difficult to beat although Phasma can help.
    3) You will be targeted on defence and fall further (potentially much further) than if you had a meta team (Jedi or Sith).
    4) If you have a very active payout hour you will have a much harder time getting high placings and it could be important to switch to a meta team not to stand out as a target.
    5) You will have probably more fun not having to deal with RNG or Mod decided mirror matches and using a team that requires a bit of thought and strategy.
    6) This is all opinion, results may vary, your shard might be more difficult just like @CoastalJames 's is
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @EduardoCadav

#5 is the main reason I still run FO. I have all the makings of the "stale" Palpatine Meta except Nihilus, however; I choose to run a team that is far more fun and less about "Who's Vader is Faster" matches. And FO grants enemy Vader no speed bonuses so he has to be unreal fast to go before FOO + zKRU Lead.

Your list is spot on. Very very difficult to get into the Top 20 without some real $ or just lucking out on a great Guild or happening to farm the Meta before it's Meta.

I'm happy where I sit, which recently has become 51-100 range. And the matches are a blast. Not a chore.