How do you get in touch with your arena shard?

FarGon
3 posts Member
edited September 21
As the title states...how do you get in touch with your arena shard?

From what I've been reading there's alot of coordination within shards as far as who to attack and when so that the most people can get payouts. I've also read that if you don't take part in this you pretty much paint a bullseye on yourself within your arena shard. But I have no idea how to find out where they communicate...or if they even do in my shard.

Replies

  • search the forum for the names at the top of your shard, if you dont find any then make a post in
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/pvp-and-rivalry
    listing the names of some of those at the top of your shard.
    also if you find their guilds on swgoh.gg you may find their contact details already listed or that of people in their guilds you can contact and ask if they have a chat + if your able to join
  • Alternatively, search swgoh.gg for player names in your shard via Google. Once you find them (you can verify by looking at their guild), then the numeric portion of the url is now their ally code - https://swgoh.gg/p/594964279/. Send them a message in game and go from there. Sometimes people will have discord ids on their profiles.

    All shard dynamics are different, but in general I've found players to be very cooperative and realize that working together in harmony lets them advance their rosters faster than all out intra-shard combat would. And people generally have short memories - foes become allies very quickly. We all share a common love of the game, so there's a strong basis for easy relationships.
  • Ok. thanks for the info. At what arena level would you recommend contacting them? Sub-50? Sub-20?
  • Dk_rek
    1079 posts Member
    If an older shard your already blacklisted how the mafia rolls i feel your pain as well
  • FarGon wrote: »
    As the title states...how do you get in touch with your arena shard?

    From what I've been reading there's alot of coordination within shards as far as who to attack and when so that the most people can get payouts. I've also read that if you don't take part in this you pretty much paint a bullseye on yourself within your arena shard. But I have no idea how to find out where they communicate...or if they even do in my shard.

    Yes and no. If you know the payout times others have you don't need to be in it. But if you're just trying to reach out, send them a message via in game ally or you can see if they have a swgoh.gg account. If they do you can get their ally code from there and just send message. Good luck.
  • FarGon wrote: »
    Ok. thanks for the info. At what arena level would you recommend contacting them? Sub-50? Sub-20?

    Sort of depends on how old your shard is. General safe rule is that if u can land top 5 during ur payout u can consider contacting them. Below that dont bother.

    Younger shards may accept below 20 tho to help establish the flock. 20-50 is really pushing it and i doubt u can get in if u are hovering around there.
  • The first rule of the shard chat. You don't talk about the shard chat.
  • just send an ally request after you fight in arena to your opponent and then you can message them in game. try it with several different people and sooner or later you will get ahold of the shard chat. No need anymore for the searching of names on forums.
  • Yeah just get in top 5 be able to beat everyone and nobody will mess with u. If u know people’s shard time don’t fight during or before it it pissin people off which is common sense. If there is a shard chat for 6-10 it’s a joke because rewards r crap anyways lol
  • FarGon wrote: »
    As the title states...how do you get in touch with your arena shard?

    From what I've been reading there's alot of coordination within shards as far as who to attack and when so that the most people can get payouts. I've also read that if you don't take part in this you pretty much paint a bullseye on yourself within your arena shard. But I have no idea how to find out where they communicate...or if they even do in my shard.

    The best way is to look them up on swgoh.gg. If you don´t find them or there is no contact data available look up their guild and find members with a Discord/Telegram/Forum/Line id. Then contact these persons and ask if they can relay your message.
  • This discord server also has a room for each arena fleet and shard chats usually post there information there. There's server channels for (looking for players) for shards back to 2017 and present.

    https://discord.gg/kmXCuUp
  • Personally, I used the in-game chat with a player who was already in my friend list to join my arena shard chat.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    If an older shard your already blacklisted how the mafia rolls i feel your pain as well

    Yes and no. Generally, the players who were social and curious enough early in the piece were the ones to seek each other out either via this forum, chat apps, in game and so on to establish a rapport with each other. Latecomers were less likely to treated the same as the 'vets'.

    The exception is that your chat is full of arseholes. I get that happens too on occasion.

  • Dk_rek
    1079 posts Member
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    If an older shard your already blacklisted how the mafia rolls i feel your pain as well

    Yes and no. Generally, the players who were social and curious enough early in the piece were the ones to seek each other out either via this forum, chat apps, in game and so on to establish a rapport with each other. Latecomers were less likely to treated the same as the 'vets'.

    The exception is that your chat is full of arseholes. I get that happens too on occasion.

    I climbed up to 13 or so and I asked if I could get it and take the worst position available to me (would have been happy with 10-20) they said it was too crowded and hard to coordinate... Then the palp/traya meta hit and I could not get in top 20 anymore. then the revan hit and I'm fighting to stay in top 50....so I'm not even good enough to even ask to be in shard chat...

    Secretly I wonder if they saw that coming and just figured not to bother with me....

    Now once revan hits I will have the speed mods to fight those mirror matches and climb into the top I wonder if their tune will change i woudl prob spend 3-5k crystals over a week or two in refreshes to get their attention.... prob just get me blackballed heh
  • Dk_rek
    1079 posts Member
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    If an older shard your already blacklisted how the mafia rolls i feel your pain as well

    Yes and no. Generally, the players who were social and curious enough early in the piece were the ones to seek each other out either via this forum, chat apps, in game and so on to establish a rapport with each other. Latecomers were less likely to treated the same as the 'vets'.

    The exception is that your chat is full of arseholes. I get that happens too on occasion.


    Generally though if there are 10 people at your payout....and you just ask to take 11 everyday just to be in teh shard chat and they say no.....then I have a problem..that's just silly...but again moot point as I can't get that high anymore


  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    If an older shard your already blacklisted how the mafia rolls i feel your pain as well

    Yes and no. Generally, the players who were social and curious enough early in the piece were the ones to seek each other out either via this forum, chat apps, in game and so on to establish a rapport with each other. Latecomers were less likely to treated the same as the 'vets'.

    The exception is that your chat is full of arseholes. I get that happens too on occasion.

    I climbed up to 13 or so and I asked if I could get it and take the worst position available to me (would have been happy with 10-20) they said it was too crowded and hard to coordinate... Then the palp/traya meta hit and I could not get in top 20 anymore. then the revan hit and I'm fighting to stay in top 50....so I'm not even good enough to even ask to be in shard chat...

    Secretly I wonder if they saw that coming and just figured not to bother with me....

    Now once revan hits I will have the speed mods to fight those mirror matches and climb into the top I wonder if their tune will change i woudl prob spend 3-5k crystals over a week or two in refreshes to get their attention.... prob just get me blackballed heh

    Sorry to hear, mate. Its true the vets are unlikely to share unless you have the roster to consistently rank high despite changing metas. I've seen that a few times - like with the NS meta not long ago. Someone can stay competitive for a month or two but when the meta changes, they drop like a stone and are scratching to make top 50.

    If you're having to share a payout with numerous players, I hope the variable payout time works in your favour. Otherwise, you need to hit those guys up and become so annoying that they just let you in because it's inconveniencing them too much not to. It may cost you some crystals to start with but it can pay off. You just have to be persistent.

    To your final point - I missed Revan too. But I still take #1 with Traya and BSF. I'd rather use the latter on offence and keep Revan for defence as I'm dreading those mirror matches.

  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    If an older shard your already blacklisted how the mafia rolls i feel your pain as well

    Yes and no. Generally, the players who were social and curious enough early in the piece were the ones to seek each other out either via this forum, chat apps, in game and so on to establish a rapport with each other. Latecomers were less likely to treated the same as the 'vets'.

    The exception is that your chat is full of arseholes. I get that happens too on occasion.

    I climbed up to 13 or so and I asked if I could get it and take the worst position available to me (would have been happy with 10-20) they said it was too crowded and hard to coordinate... Then the palp/traya meta hit and I could not get in top 20 anymore. then the revan hit and I'm fighting to stay in top 50....so I'm not even good enough to even ask to be in shard chat...

    Secretly I wonder if they saw that coming and just figured not to bother with me....

    Now once revan hits I will have the speed mods to fight those mirror matches and climb into the top I wonder if their tune will change i woudl prob spend 3-5k crystals over a week or two in refreshes to get their attention.... prob just get me blackballed heh
    yeah if ur asking for a spot ur not good enough to be in it nobody cares about those below them that can’t beat them that’s how shard chat goes lol

  • 2smooth wrote: »
    Yeah just get in top 5 be able to beat everyone and nobody will mess with u. If u know people’s shard time don’t fight during or before it it pissin people off which is common sense. If there is a shard chat for 6-10 it’s a joke because rewards r crap anyways lol

    U talk like u know alot. What's ur gp? When did u start? There are shards where ppl are dying to be invited to share 6-10 lol.
  • I know a lot because I put time in don’t login collect rewards. Ur asking for GP as if it’s created equal lol. If all I did was collect toons at g8 what would my GP do with u knowing that lol. I’ll list useful stats F2P 3 months in 24 squad 1/2 fleet rank
  • Kai_Mulai
    449 posts Member
    edited November 26
    2smooth wrote: »
    I know a lot because I put time in don’t login collect rewards. Ur asking for GP as if it’s created equal lol. If all I did was collect toons at g8 what would my GP do with u knowing that lol. I’ll list useful stats F2P 3 months in 24 squad 1/2 fleet rank

    As a free player 3 months in, you’re not going to see the same level of complexity in your shard now as you will after several more months. You’re probably at a point now where you have one good arena team. I’m a guppy (spent $20 total) a year in, and Revan and Traya really hurt my arena rank. In my arena, you need at least 2-3 good arena teams to handle the different teams out there, unless you bought Revan. I’m currently varying somewhere between top 50 and top 100 in arena rank. Here’s my swgoh.gg link: https://swgoh.gg/p/214179885/

    I joined a shard chat when I was regularly in top 20, and we’re welcoming, but already have 9 players in one payout. So being in that rotation means you’re in top 5 and out of top 5 half the time. The players who do not respond to messages, don’t want to join the chat, and seem deliberately antagonistic are attacked, especially the ones who get to the top 5 and try to stay there all day. There’s much more to shard chats than you have experienced so far.
  • DarkRolyzzz
    11 posts Member
    edited November 27
    Join DarthVaper Recruitment, under RECRUITMENT is "find_your_shard_mates". on that channel you can post screenshots of your arena shard leaderboard. the people who monitor that channel may be able to help you.
    DarthVaper: https://discord.gg/Ub3kUXg
    Hit me up on Discord @Dark Rolyzzz#9997 for information on New Rebel Order or if interested in joining. Come be a part of our Rebel Revolution!!!!!
  • Yeah, I was wondering about this too, but I am not close to top in my shard :(
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    2smooth wrote: »
    I know a lot because I put time in don’t login collect rewards. Ur asking for GP as if it’s created equal lol. If all I did was collect toons at g8 what would my GP do with u knowing that lol. I’ll list useful stats F2P 3 months in 24 squad 1/2 fleet rank

    As a free player 3 months in, you’re not going to see the same level of complexity in your shard now as you will after several more months. You’re probably at a point now where you have one good arena team. I’m a guppy (spent $20 total) a year in, and Revan and Traya really hurt my arena rank. In my arena, you need at least 2-3 good arena teams to handle the different teams out there, unless you bought Revan. I’m currently varying somewhere between top 50 and top 100 in arena rank. Here’s my swgoh.gg link: https://swgoh.gg/p/214179885/

    I joined a shard chat when I was regularly in top 20, and we’re welcoming, but already have 9 players in one payout. So being in that rotation means you’re in top 5 and out of top 5 half the time. The players who do not respond to messages, don’t want to join the chat, and seem deliberately antagonistic are attacked, especially the ones who get to the top 5 and try to stay there all day. There’s much more to shard chats than you have experienced so far.
    hard to c how complexity increases r u saying that more people will start playing as time goes on in a new shard? I can c ships as more from arena shift focus but hard to c more people start playing game at a lvl to reach top 50. Switching mods is enough teams having to be switched is even more. And I understand with the traya revan affecting ur arena u have to be first not last to not drop from mods to guilds to late game lineups those not prepared will drop. But I c a guy from my old guild stay around 50 without changing but he is maybe 3 yrs in so his arena has little to no activity.

Sign In or Register to comment.