How much Potency do you need to stick debuffs?

Just curious. The tenacity on the HSTR bosses is unreal...HOWEVER, could a Vader lead with Sith Marauder's "Potency Up" buff actually reliably land debuffs or is this a pipe dream?

Replies

• Their tenacity quickly exceeds any potency gains you could hope to have. Even Tarkin's Intimidation Tactics (which grants him potency up FIRST) under a Palp lead gets resisted if any of the trio have worked up to over half turn meter. You need to stick them right after they've taken a turn or it's almost hopeless.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    Just curious. The tenacity on the HSTR bosses is unreal...HOWEVER, could a Vader lead with Sith Marauder's "Potency Up" buff actually reliably land debuffs or is this a pipe dream?

The stacking potency factor is the limit. Every time you damage to a raid boss their tenacity increases.

I find with a palpatine lead team I can almost reliably land debuffs from characters modded with potency crosses on the first attack after the raid boss takes a turn
  • With R2D2's Number Crunch bonus, mods, & her raid bonus, my RJT has approximately 126% potency. With Secret Intel, she goes up to 151% potency. I find at the beginning of phase 1, she can land slow down about 50% of the time.

If she tries to apply her debuffs after Nihilus has taken one hit, she rarely applies one. If he's taken multiple hits, then I expect all debuffs to fail.
  • Hence modding for potency in STR is almost useless. It's the timing that's key. Zader lead I've had maybe 5-8 DoTs before enrage but it involved careful passing of turns to Vader from Thrawn etc. Not much fun and not worth the stress.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Hence modding for potency in STR is almost useless. It's the timing that's key. Zader lead I've had maybe 5-8 DoTs before enrage but it involved careful passing of turns to Vader from Thrawn etc. Not much fun and not worth the stress.

I actually had a lot of fun playing with Zader leads in Tier 5 & 6. Sadly, I haven't been able to get my potency levels high enough in Heroic yet. Maybe with the new mod levels... hmmm...