JC legitely better than Barriss (except 6*/7*)?

So I'm talking about lvl range 50-60.
I was recently able to gear my JC up to highest gear lvl and I really start to like him and actually prefer him over Barriss - granted I've never had her so can't really compare.
But duh; not only has he more or less every 2-3 rounds a heal ready, his special starts to hit almost as hard as Lumis - Have seen 4K crits on lvl 54 (interestingly very recently- buffed?). So while granted, Barriss is the most powerful healer I really think she lacks utility in PVP. Especially low-star'ed.

Any comments on this?

Replies

• The things that make barress great is
    1. Her leader ability. Buffs hp, and heals start of your characters turn.
    2. Only healer that can heal through sids immunity.
    3. High hp. Makes it harder to burn her down, also her heal is so high because of the high hp.
    4. She can heal your party on normal attacks
    5. Passive that lets her remove debuffs ( low % ).

Her draw back is the fact that 1* characters hit harder than she does. Useing her she is there for heals only and not to dmg.

I use both barress and jc as far as that goes. I would probully use lumi over barress if not for barress leader ability.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Consular gets nice but Lumi is the one that will set her padawan in her place. I have Bariss, Lumi, and Consular. Lumis heal is very very good and she at level 51 hits harder than my level 51 Luke. Both are 5 stars and have level five skills. Trust me. Farm Lumi when you can. Consular is viable and easy to gear later but I'll take Lumi over any healer and also over many attackers. Her leadership skill is pretty decent too but for GW I prefer Bariss' lead skill
  • Oh don't worry about that ^^ Lumi gets her shards alright. She's almost 6* now and obviously very much appreciated.
  • JC is very underrated. He has a very quick cooldown which allows him to heal more throughout a battle than Barriss - even before her nerf. His basic has a chance for -1 on all his cooldowns. I have his heal special at level 6, which is where you get the -1 on the cooldown. This takes it to just 2. It's not uncommon for him to heal, hit next round on his basic - which resets his cooldown -1, which then enables him to heal again that next turn. So 25% of the time his heal will have a cooldown of just 1...and the other 75% will have a cooldown of just 2.

He's just not spectacular at anything so he's easy to overlook, but he's pretty solid at everything. In PVP I'd say for sure JC I like over Barriss, especially 4/5* Barriss if she's stuck there and I've faced other 6/7* Barriss as well and haven't noticed a material difference in her performance. I don't think you'd regret building JC anyway. I haven't to this point at all. He keeps getting better for me - that -1 cooldown on level 6 for the heal special was a big lift in utility.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Akaryn wrote: »
    I was recently able to gear my JC up to highest gear lvl and I really start to like him and actually prefer him over Barriss - granted I've never had her so can't really compare.
    But duh; not only has he more or less every 2-3 rounds a heal ready, his special starts to hit almost as hard as Lumis - Have seen 4K crits on lvl 54 (interestingly very recently- buffed?). So while granted, Barriss is the most powerful healer I really think she lacks utility in PVP. Especially low-star'ed.

Any comments on this?

Yeah I just started seeing JC beast out too. I'm lvl 53 so we seem to be in the same timeframe of our game. I would feel uncomfortable using him "instead" of bariss tho (on my team). With so many Sidious players out there it leaves you open to a 3 turn healing defecit. If bariss couldn't defeat that then she wouldn't be on my arena team to be honest.

• Loce wrote: »
    Akaryn wrote: »

Any comments on this?

Yeah I just started seeing JC beast out too. I'm lvl 53 so we seem to be in the same timeframe of our game. I would feel uncomfortable using him "instead" of bariss tho (on my team). With so many Sidious players out there it leaves you open to a 3 turn healing defecit. If bariss couldn't defeat that then she wouldn't be on my arena team to be honest.

That can be mitigated with a taunter. Barriss' cooldown is too long to be a hard counter to Sid, anyway. Best anti-Sid tactic is to focus him (with non-jedi, preferably,) ability block his team's chewie if they have one, and hope he busts out his AOE on the first turn. In PVP (level 54) My team of Chewie, JC, Jawa, Sid, and Talia can usually take out the enemy's Sid while only taking one heal immunity.