Full Jango (L) Bounty Hunter Team - Embo or Aurra?

So I'm working on a pure bounty hunter, Jango-lead Arena Team right now. I know it's not top of the line, but somewhat viable and since I find Bounty Hunters incredibly fun, that's worth losing a few ranks and crystals in arena to me (I never was much of a meta player anyway).

Thing is, I'm already sure it's gonna be Jango, Bossk, Boba and Dengar, but I'm torn for the fifth spot... Embo or (gasp!) Aurra? I realise she's geared toward the raid, but hear me out for a sec.

So Embo has high burst damage, that sweet, sweet dispel on his basic, plus foresight makes him fairly durable. On the other hand, he does not dish out any debuffs or AOE and doesn't really synergise that well with Jango imo. Also, once the contract goes off, dispelling taunts isn't all that important becase you'll be ignoring them anyway.

Aurra on the other hand is a little faster and has that stun chance on her basic (extra chance to get a debuffed target to hit). Plus she gets turn meter from hitting debuffed enemies which is what you wanna do with a Jango L in the first place and therefore will probably a lot more active than Embo. Her special attack is tuned towards the raid, sure, but still does a ton of damage. However, I don't think her specials are worth using before the contract goes off and she gets the stealth with it. Also, I'm stuck behind taunts until the contract.

TL;DR: I think Embo is better before the triggered contract, after that Aurra becomes better. The question now is: Which one to choose?

Replies

• Options
    Youve said youre looking for fun, not arena effectiveness, so pick whichever you like better.
    Id surely take embo.
  • Options
    Sorry, I should have been clearer: The fun part is the full bounty hunter team in arena. Within that framework, I would like to get as effective as it can get.

So thanks for your input on that, much appreciated :)
  • Options
    First of all I also like the BHs pretty much, they are indeed fun to play. And I also consider to use them in arena for that reason.
    My lineup would be the same as yours but my choice for the 5th toon is between Embo and Greedo. So why don't you consider him? Hits like a truck, AoE TDs, stun with his zeta...
    Anywhy, you bring up some good reasons to consider Aurra, thanks for that.
  • Options
    It seems like bossk is the better lead for BH than jango. So i'd put bossk lead, and embo because he has more utility in a BH squad than aurra.
    Even if you run a django! lead, i'll still put embo as 5th.
    Just fyi, i dont have BH geared enough to try em lol. All speculation.
  • Options
    I can say i like BosskL

Boba
    Jango
    Dengar

88 can be replaced with greedo. It is an upgrade if zetaed
  • Options
    Cad is king boys!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yeah under Jango I think 88 may actually be a better 5th because of target lock and AOE.

Otherwise I would choose Embo over Aurra, but I have not used her as much yet. Embo can easily do 60-70k damage at 4*g10 once he gets his contract and goes back to back - with 20-25k of that ignoring protection. Enough to one-shot most attackers and a few tanks. Hes one of the best burst damage dealers in the game.
  • Options
    I am using Embo right now ( 4* g11), but I don't use them in arena since I would drop like a rock. Embo once zetad is very hard to kill with payout. He takes consecutive turns on crits, which means he can use his protection stripping special, then his prot Regen payout ability. Having the dispel on basic would still be very handy if you have a lot of JTR or Qi'ra squads, since he can keep those buffs in check a lot easier than Aurra. I'm in the process of gearing Aurra, so I can't do any actual comparison testing right now though.
  • Options
    You should consider Zam. She is blazing fast and will be even faster under Jango lead. Also, after she applies TDs on the enemy team, when Bossk calls Hunting Party right after Taunt, she can start popping the Detonators to give herself TM/contribute to the Contract.
  • Options
    Now there‘s an idea I hadn‘t considered... you‘re right, Zam could be interesting. Thanks everyone else for the input, too!
  • PapaGator_13
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    There are multiple comps that will do very well actually. In my eyes its more based off who you will be fighting most of the time. If you are in the top 10 of arena (where I am) you no doubt will be fighting mostly Traya teams. I will be running Embo under Jango because he can in one turn win you the fight. Against Bastila and JTR Embo is the best IMO as well. Being able to get rid of those buffs is a necessity. In the little testing that I have done Im seeing that the best team thus far is Jango(L), Bossk, Embo, Boba and Dengar. I have however had success with removing Boba and using Greedo or IG88. The only one that I don't have first hand exp with is Aura tho. So, she may be a nice addition. But, I think Embo is a very important piece. Where as Boba or Dengar I feel should get replaced before Embo. Dengar with his assist mechanic gives him the edge over Boba. Don't know if this helps at all haha.. But, thought Id let you know my exp so far =).

I also think that OG Chewie may throw a wrench in all of that.. Jango giving speed to Scoundrels may make Chewy/Han devastating on a BH team... Food for thought!