Use ship currency for ship shards? Or toon shards?

I have ships and am level 76 but my ships are terrible and I can’t really beat any of the daily events with them. Should I just use my ship store pointe to build up and 7 Star my toons first... or just wait a long long time and take ship shards while I spend months building up their respective pilots to 7 stars? Welcome any and all opinions

Replies

• Options
    get ships shards asap and work on your pilots on the side.
    climbing in ship arena gives you crystals + more fleet arena tokens and in time you will be able to be buying zeta's also.
    work on certain ships to build up the bugs are probably best with vader, phantom, ghost, poe + boba.
    by working on ships you will be glad you did soon enough
  • Options
    Get ships to do better in Fleet.
    Get better in Fleet to get more Fleet currency.
    Get more Fleet Currency to buy Zeta materials.
    Get more Zeta materials to do well in Squad Arena.
  • Options
    ^^ What they said
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    pilots are very important, some are in different shops like biggs. x1, umbaran, itf, silencer, fotp. that is a good advantage early. but also that is very important is, if you use any of them for a main team, then u hit 2 nails with 1 hammer. that is very good.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that Ashoka [Fulcrom], Chirrut Imwe, and Darth Vader are exclusively/primarily gained from Fleet Store.

So with the exception of those three, you can ignore toons and do the above.

• Options
    Vader also comes from ongoing quest series, though you could snag some fleet shards if you need him sooner for an Imperial team.

Chirrut and Ahsoka (Fulcrum) are useful but not required in the short term.
  • Options
    I've been spending all my fleet currency on ship shards unless there aren't any that I want, then I'll buy Zam, Maul, or ATF. I've 7* Biggs, Ghost, Phantom, Tx1, ITF, FOTF, and I'm a couple days from finishing the Geos. Slave 1 and Scimitar are getting close as well. Soon I'll have finished all the ships and characters other than Galactic Republic, and I'll be earning a zeta mat almost every day.
  • Options
    Recommend good toons for fleet if they r there and rare ships that r good like boba and mauls ship but they rarely show. I use fleet as means to farm toons I need that might be in cantina but I farm one at a time from there so I can work on 2 at once that r in same area ship upgrades don’t do much until 5* which cost like 500k ship currency anyways so u basically r just farming to 3* for ship events at this point I’m lvl 74 I go up to ranked 2 during shard time close to boba ship now might get in few days if it pops up in store and I’m lucky maybe farm 3 shards without it a day
  • Options
    Most people saying farm ships probably run Phoenix as main lineup and have no need to farm toons there 2 main ships have pilots at 7* already lol
  • Options
    You can also buy a lot of ship shards in the Galactic War store. There are a few good toons in that store, but a few that aren't very valuable, so you can use your currency to buy ship shards instead.

Zeb, Cad Bane (now), Biggs are the best characters to farm in that store.
    IG-86 is good if you have Droids, Resistance Pilot is good if you run zFinn, Phasma is good for First Order, and MagmaTrooper is fairly useful.

I'd rank Bodhi, K2SO, Lumi, NS Initiate, Teebo, Dathcha, Poggle, and Tusken Raider as less valuable than the ships that rotate in that store. I forget all the ships, but I think Geonosians and Rebels show up there pretty frequently.
  • Options
    Whale out and buy the ships.

Use the currency to buy zetas.
  • Options
    JediRobb wrote: »
    Having geared/leveled/starred pilots is more important than having high star count ships.

At L76, OP is limited to 7* G9 pilots with one omega each. To beat the ship challenges in 2.0, minimum star level ships absolutely will not be enough even with pilots maxed out for L76. With the exception of Vader, all of the pilots can be farmed outside of fleet shipments. Fleet and GW shipments are the best sources for ship shards.

OP needs 6 DS ships and 6 LS ships for the capital ship challenges which are required for the higher tiers of the daily challenges. The LS capital ship challenges are trivial with a strong Biggs, Ghost, and Phantom II plus any three others which aren't complete scrubs. The Executrix challenge is another matter entirely. OP isn't going to get a 5* Executrix for the zeta mat challenge by L78 without 5-6* ships. Most of mine were 6* with 7* G9 pilots and I had to RNG it. Two months later, only the top 30 in my shard have 5* Executrix, and only the top 5 have 6* Executrix.
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    Most people saying farm ships probably run Phoenix as main lineup and have no need to farm toons there 2 main ships have pilots at 7* already lol
    I am level 85, have never used Phoenix in arena, still haven't maxed them. Only toons I have used fleet shards on so far are Fives and Sun Fac and both take a back seat to ship shards.

I did have three 7* pilots from my arena team though - Biggs, Consular and Kylo unmasked. It really helps.
  • Options
    Whether you farm ships from the fleet arena, galactic war store, or (preferably) both, you absolutely should focus on ships. I put a fair amount of effort into them as soon as I unlocked them, and within a few months I was regularly taking first place in my fleet arena. Six months later, I still do.

Also, remember that each fleet arena contains much fewer people than each regular arena, so it's quite a bit easier to score near the top in fleet arena. Quite honestly, fleet arena is the easiest place to score lots of crystals on a regular basis, especially for people in newer shards.