Need some advice to go into top 50

Sysy
307 posts Member
I am on a soft-launch server, with guys like Kylven at top 10. My goal is to reach top 50, and even top 20 everyday. My current squad is somewhere between 50-200. They are Phasma lead, Poggle, Lumi, 86 and 5 star Poe. All are 7 stared, max geared except for 50-piece gears.

In reserve, I have Sid. I am currently farming QGJ (5 star), GS (5 star) and Rey (4 star). My GS and Rey don't have lvl 9 or lvl 8 speed gear as the previous lvl 50-piece gear blocks it.

Because I don't have enough fast toons starred and geared, I have difficulty facing teams with Poe or faster than Poe. Perhaps as a FTP, I cannot really do much better than 50.
swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007

Replies

• DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Sounds similar story, except I just need stars and been farming. Once my team hits max stars perhaps about 3 more weeks. Farming Dooku should've able to say 3 weeks and all my arena team will be max gear max stars max abilities. I am running 5* phasma 5* Dooku 5* Kylo 6* fives and either 7* Lumi or 6* Poggle depending on what I face. Also run Sid 6* phasma Kylo Poggle Lumi for aoe. So far I like my phasma version better far more attacks coming quickly even aoe have single target assists with advantage. Makes for a lot of fun. While my Dooku and fives handle other aoe. When I run Poggle no Lumi I let Kylo go bonkers.
  • As an F2P, you have to plan ahead. The 3 toons you're working on are good but you have to gear up. Start grinding. Don't try to star up too many toons, gears are way more important. I'm not sure running Phasma as lead without Kylo is doing any good. Lumi and Sid both make good leads and should be better. Sid increases damage, Lumi helps in dodges.

A soft launch server should be brutal but the level cap should pretty much level the playing field if you grind right.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    @Azraelrulez

Yeah, soft-launch servers aren't really fun, esp in terms of arena.

Phasma leader has been proven by Team instinct as better than Sid in terms of dps. Phasma also has the turn meter boost special, and hits like 5-7k with Poggle and advantage.

Since Poe (142) is the fastest toon in my star-up, I cannot really deal the QGJ teams, IX GS, or VIII Rey. I guess using those toons myself is the best way to cope with such squads. Unfortunately, things are a lot slower as a FTP who can renew squad arena once maximum. But I guess I should spend more energy upgear my GS and Rey, instead of farming for more fun toons such as Annie.

Currently, I am planning to replace Poggle with QGJ, and Lumi with GS. But they will only be 7 stared until next month.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Right I have some time before my main bet on the future is set at 7* but I already got their gear.

Phasma
    Kylo
    Fives
    Dooku
    Poggle/Lumi

I also have a stun idea I am working slowly on. As well as a speed team no Rey yet as I am farming gear and shards when I can start on her she won't be viable anymore lol... Or I will be long slow slug to get her by then.

Assajj 5*
    Daka 4*
    Dooku 5*
    Poggle 5*
    GS 4*

And

QGJ
    GS
    Fives
    Poggle
    Lumi

I settled on finishing out Sid to 7* and farm Dooku and fives for now. Finish out Poggle and phasma off GW fairly quickly the way I have been passing GW. Then will be tough call work on Kylo if Dooku isn't finished. I defiantly was having better luck on Kylo shards in cantina than Dooku shards. GS shards are so hard to come by as well for my I opened Kylo and 5* him in 3 weeks. Been going on Dooku for 1.5 months and barely hit 5* this week.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    And GW is so quick too I had Poggle open but only 4*, once I finished Lumi I opened phasma started on her gear while bouncing between Poggle and phasma. As for fives in cantina store, I was all over him at the start then I went for Poe then Daka now I just want to seven star my team I am sticking with since I was getting nowhere fast trying to do too much at once. Also f2p now that I am focused I made major head way in 3 weeks. Went from rarely finishing GW only making enough for one group of shards to I can finish it daily, and arena came from maybe finishing top 500 to finishing at least in the top 200 occasionally breaking into the top 100 for rewards depending on my drop which hasn't been below 200 in a week. 198 was mylowest now it's typically around 150 drop. Usually from top 100 before I drop. I know once I get my stars and finish up the few levels I need to max them I will hopefully move up some more and not drop to much.

When I get in the top 50, by then I should have a good base of other characters to choose from see what works to maybe work on and climb. I understand that meta of team composition will dictate changes later and I am confident I have most of the pieces just need to polish them up.
  • Just work on GS and Qui, 86 and POE with Sidious will get you top 10. On offense your 86 and GS and Qui should one shot most. I still like Poogle, his buff is just that good. Maybe use him as leader... I don't know Qui is a powerhouse.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Your doing great.. Never think there is an F2P wall. There is not.
    Just keep focus, level gear and adjust and you will get there.
    Good luck!
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @Jedisplice

So you are suggesting a team of GS, QGJ, 86, Poe and Sid, and Sid as lead? I don't know if 86 would work without offense up from Poggle, though (my 86 special around 7k uncrit, which is not enough to one shot anyone).
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    @BentWookie
    Thanks, man. I agree that there is no limit for f2p. It is just a matter of time. We will eventually catch up.
  • 86 or 88. Qui lead GS Poe Poggle 86. OR Qui, Sid, 86, GS, Poe or Poogle. Poe is still good just not game breaking. 86 is a beast man. Gear him, love him, GS and 86 are amazing and F2P.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    I am sure I will make it up to top tier. I hope in the next month to make the jump to top 50. And see how far my idea carries me. But, in the event it doesn't I have more work on more characters to do. Luckily I have been working more than one set. I have 39 characters even the one and two star ones I had I have gotten to at least 3* haha wasted a lot of credits and time on that effort haha but, I also have many 4-5* characters for that effort and all are gear 5 or 6 level 40-60 my top ten are 5-7* all max gear and max ability. And level 65-70. GS is only 4* at this point as I stopped him in search of Kylo and Dooku nodes. Once Dooku hits 6* I will move back to GS by then my fives should be 7* and I can have Daka done to 6* might then debate on getting Poe past 3* lol. But at some point soon I will have to work on Kylo too once I can replace Sid with phasma. Haha my QGJ is only 3* also. I use him with Ben and Poe with jawas in GW for droids as a suicide squad haha. I think it's funny that QGJ is so good, but fives stinks.

Long term damage output and survivability... Fives outlasts and outshines. From what I have seen. A team with Dooku ruminates QGJ. I don't understand even targeting one character at a time with glass canons how they are going to drop fives with one shot. On my team my weakest link will be Dooku... If he can stun two... That leaves three not QGJ and not Lumi or QGJ target to call to aid. And so, even on defense... I think my team stands up once it's leveled and starred properly. We will see. While 88 and 86 and GS can one shot Dooku, under a phasma lead with advantage, I have taken 7* GS hits and QGJ on my fives once fives retaliates and procs aid... Those two have now been one shot in reverse. While I will say single target teams will fair a bit better, aoe teams get wrecked super fast, I think my record with what I have is 23 seconds to wipe a full 7* aoe team and most of my team is only 5*. I love when aoe teams fire off and I have advantage when 4 people fly out to attack the blaster... It's fun.