STR has made recruiting impossible.

Harlow
348 posts Member
edited September 2018
If your guild/s aren't farming hstr, you can forget it.

And everyone is looking for Traya shards. Even if they don't have HSTR roster. Unrealistic.

Replies

• Yeah and? This is nothing new and has happened with every raid so far. Pit not to the same degree, but HAAT ripped guilds apart and felt like a far worse degree than HSTR has. Recruiting isn't impossible. It's harder from everyone's delusions, but not impossible.
  • Would be nice to have a global chat in game for recruiting
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Not every one wants Traya... you just gotta keep looking and you will find the right fit for your guild.

I am not looking for a new guild personally as I am in a great one, but I care more about my G12 GK than ever getting Traya. I dont care if I ever unlock her. And when I do I might just leave her there at lvl 1 in the corner for ages

^^^ Global chat would break the game.... just look at another certain game that was supposed to be a competitor to swgoh
  • Emguy wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a global chat in game for recruiting

Global chats are cancer, unless of course you enjoy fantastical accounts of your mother's leisure-time activities as told by a racist 12-year-old.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Has definitely made recruiting feel like running on a treadmill. Just as you gain a couple of members another couple leave in pursuit of Traya.

It is what it is though.
  • Emguy wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a global chat in game for recruiting

Barrens chat can stay in the Barrens. Don’t need Chuck Norris jokes, Your Mother jokes, Name a movie but inset Murloc -IE don’t tell mom the murloc is dead, or any other kind of nonsense clogging up chat.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Has definitely made recruiting feel like running on a treadmill. Just as you gain a couple of members another couple leave in pursuit of Traya.

It is what it is though.

People want that brand new shiny KOTOR sith....

I was the same with GK, left my old guild in search of a HAAT guild ages ago. you gotta do whats right for your roster and Traya is in the top of the arena as well.

Any time we get a new raid the same will keep happening, and the guilds that do have hsith on farm still dont have an easy time because players want to finish high up in the sith raid for better rewards and not just Traya shards. It is not enough to simply have her on farm.
  • The weird thing is it's also very hard getting recruits being a Hstr guild as well.
  • Having started a new guild in Jan 2018 with 12 disillusioned players from a mega Guild we are now 140m GP and farming traya. We have 4 different Time zones in our guild and whilst recruiting was hard it wasn't impossible. The effort is worth it!
  • I left my guild to hook my current one just for GK. I’m not doing the same for Traya. The only reason I might leave is cause we somehow always loose at TW lol.
    I AM the High Ground
  • What matters is to have a core of dedicated players (we have 30) so you can build on it for recruitment. We just cleared for the first time HSR and strangely and it getting a lot easier to replace non active players.

Good luck !
  • Yeh, considering leaving my guild because of
    a) loss of territory wars (despite me actually performing solidly)
    b)traya shards
    c) currency and gear
  • Once more folks start 7 starring Traya some guys will flake off of their Traya guilds and look for other situations where they can help out more.
    I know a lot of guys who left after five stars- preferring to help a smaller guild over the jump and maybe finish top 3 every time. The best rewards staying up top do help with spreading out some of the player base.
  • Our guild has no problem recruiting and retaining. We have not even gotten past Tier 5 STR. We are about 110M total GP. We have requirements to join, etc. When we do lose someone, either to inactivity or leaving, the spot gets filled in about a day or two. We just have a very friendly mix of people that are working together to get better.
  • most guilds just shouldnt exist... leadership without enough time to hold things together for active players but constantly complaining about inactive players, or in this case leadership without enough time to organize merc help on sith raid to cater to an active guild.
  • disband and fill the ranks of guilds with strong leadership teams. they're ALL looking for GOOD officers due to burnout... if its a self importance thing holding you back.
  • As a leader in a guild that's had traya on farm since about a month after the raid release, your chances of getting into a hstr guild most likely hinge on your tw teams. Raids on farm after all, takes about 2 hrs or less and not even half the guild to complete. Honestly, we'd take an account with 4 or 5 good to excellent tw war offensive and defensive teams over an account with exceptional teams for every phase of hstr. And I'd be willing to bet that 75% of the guilds farming traya are thinking the same thing.
  • Here's an idea. If your current guild members can't meaningfully contribute to hstr by now, it's time to let go. They're dragging you down. Either that, or you're too new to have had the time to develop quality hstr rosters, in which case, you're probably over-reaching in recruitment. But yes, people are very often lazy and selfish, resulting in looking for guilds that can pull them through heroic. Nothing can be done about that.