Solo Scoundrels or KOTOR?

Who is everyone farming? Bast(L) teams are definitely viable. Are solo scoundrels any good? Think we’ll see an event requiring Solo or KOTOR toons first? Keep in mind only 2 of the KOTOR toons are farmable atm.

Replies

• I can't see an event coming requiring Solo characters. Not like a legendary or anything anyways.

I'd go KOTOR. Bastila is very good.
  • Kotor!
  • kotor for sure, neutral tag might be a tease idk
  • I can't see an event coming requiring Solo characters. Not like a legendary or anything anyways.

Solo smugglers could be for a Legendary to unlock the OT falcon piloted by the new chewie and raid han.

Kotor seems certain though a long way off since we don't have most of them farmable.
  • Solo scoundrels have that nightmare TW defense team along with Zaalbar (Qira, Nest, L3, Zaalbar, Vandor Chewie). So... both?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Solo scoundrels have that nightmare TW defense team along with Zaalbar (Qira, Nest, L3, Zaalbar, Vandor Chewie). So... both?

Yes. That tw defense team is also very good in arena.
  • yeah, both?

KOTOR are almost definitely needed for some event down the road, so if you star them now, you'll won't need to worry later. Other than Bastila, they haven't been a huge impact on their respective teams. (zaalbar seems like a great tank tho)

Solo toons are still up in the air, leaning that they probably aren't needed for a later event. They are pretty fine, but not meta fighters tho. Worth investing, but not game breaking. I'm trying to say that my Yhan and Vandor pretty much 5v2'd a team I'd underestimated. L3 is similarly a great tank. Qira is kinda meh, but the only smuggler leader and scroundrel leaders aren't too common (most BH don't count because they don't give bonuses to scroundrels, exceptions Boba, Jango, and Greedo). Aoe cleanse and group hugs are nice. Scoundrels in general have been on the rise
  • Only 2 of the KOTOR characters are even farmable right now (the ones with the Old Republic tag anyway). So while I think they'll be the first to get a legendary, I would hope that you have some time before they're required.
  • I wouldn't worry about specific Solo smugglers. If there's a legendary, it'll likely require 5 Smugglers, so you have other options. Of course, Qi'ra is the only Smuggler with a leadership ability, so I highly recommend you farm her.

I'd expect a KOTOR legendary event a few weeks after T3, Mission, and Big Z go f2p. The timing of the event will likely be based on where those three go f2p. They're giving us the ability right now to focus hard on Bastila and Jolee, and I think that players who do that will be rewarded with the ability to do the KOTOR event the first time.
  • Solo team is really fun and I'm farming them all to max for kicks.

But my bet is on KOTOR toons more likely required for a big event soon.
  • You can farm shards for both teams at the same time. But when the other kotor characters go f2p, I'll get them right away, as I'd rather lose a Solo legendary character and not a possible revan, malak or whoever
  • Go withbthe faction you prefer. I wouldn't be upset with a solo scoundrels legendary cause I just don't care
  • Solo is probably needed for the new op ship, the real Millenium Falcon, piloted by Chewie +1.

However, as a fan of Kotor games, I am farming kotor toons, because thats what I enjoy.
  • Bounty hunters

Solo smugglers could be for a Legendary to unlock the OT falcon piloted by the new chewie and raid han.

Kotor seems certain though a long way off since we don't have most of them farmable.
  • I still think the Solo pack is suspicious. They rarely do a pack like that. The last one I recall was Phoenix...
  • Solo is probably needed for the new op ship, the real Millenium Falcon, piloted by Chewie +1.
    I personally don't see it :
    - we already have Lando's ship from the movie
    - the upcoming Chewie and raid Han Solo are from other movies/timelines
  • I thought we already got an event for the solo characters. That smuggler event. Because of that there won’t be a legendary for Solo characters. That’s my take on it anyway
  • I just can’t figure out what the Solo toons would be needed for. Cyborg Maul? Dryden Vos? No event perhaps?

I do know that KOTOR will be necessary for Revan or Malak so Bastila and Jolee for sure. I’ve got Qira and YHan at 7* G11 each. Just not sure if the rest are worth the gear or farm priority right now. I’ve shifted to Bastila and L3 for the time being.
  • Smugglers dont have to be in a legendary from the movie. Thrawn is not even in a movie....a cartoon yes.

With that said malek and such arent in a movie or cartoon. Trying to make association via movies and such is a stretch from here on out.

I think clone war content is next and smugglers were definately active there. I hope Wolf and such are on theway.