Your opponent is already engaged in battle

TimmyHutch
185 posts Member
edited September 2018
Is anybody else getting sick and tired of that message? I've mentioned a fix in the past that would be mutually beneficial to both EA, and its customers, but it doesn't even get a second look because its "working as intended". Meaning, they don't want to take the chance of milking less money out of us than they already do now. I'm so tired of the clock blocking within 30 minutes of payout time. EA could easily fix this by allowing you to "collect" at any point in time within a 24 hour period. It would save EA boat loads of money because people will go days without collecting, and it would relieve loads of frustration, anxiety, and anger from its customers by allowing them to actually use the arena for what it was intended for. Fighting against opponents instead of watching a clock all night. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to at least make it look like you care about your customers. No, you flat out refuse to help us. It's awful. In all my years of running successful businesses, I have never seen a business model that actually prefers to screw their customers. There will come a point in time where this will cause your customers to leave you forever. It may not be right now, but I promise you it will happen. The sad part is that it is easily preventable simply by adding a 24 hour active payout instead of a timed payout. The customer simply clicks the payout button once in every 24 hour period whenever they want to instead of waiting by their phone for 7:30pm to roll around hoping that nobody locks their arena team up so they can no longer battle. You know, that thing the arena was meant for? Battling? Who am I kidding lol...You'll never fix it. You're too greedy.s0e8le0sqwq2.jpg
w6sjbhnbmn48.jpg
Post edited by TimmyHutch on

Replies

• TimmyHutch wrote: »
    Is anybody else getting sick and tired of that message? I've mentioned a six in the past that would be mutually beneficial to both EA, and its customers, but it doesn't even get a second look because its "working as intended". Meaning, they don't want to take the chance of milking less money out of us than they already do now. I'm so tired of the clock blocking within 30 minutes of payout time. EA could easily fix this by allowing you to "collect" at any point in time within a 24 hour period. It would save EA beat loads of money because people will go days without collecting, and it would relieve loads of frustration, anxiety, and anger from its customers by allowing them to actually use the arena for what it was intended for. Fighting against opponents instead of watching a clock all night. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to at least make it look like you care about your customers. No, you flat out refuse to help us. It's awful. In all my years of running successful businesses, I have never seen a business model that actually prefers to screw their customers. There will come a point in time where this will cause your customers to leave you forever. It may not be right now, but I promise you it will happen. The sad part is that it is easily preventable simply by adding a 24 hour active payout instead of a timed payout. The customer simply clicks the payout button once in every 24 hour period whenever they want to instead of waiting by their phone for 7:30pm to roll around hoping that nobody locks their arena team up so they can no longer battle. You know, that thing the arena was meant for? Battling? Who am I kidding lol...You'll never fix it. You're too greedy.s0e8le0sqwq2.jpg
    w6sjbhnbmn48.jpg

I like that idea. It makes it where you can climb at your convenience.
    @DarkHelmet1138 exactly! It truly is a win/win for everybody! EA saves money because not everybody will "cash in" every single day, and the players win because clock blocking will be a thing of the past! I'm so tired of the log jam at the top of the arena.

I could still see there being some sniping and you may still get that message. For example there is one guy in our shard that seems to camp in the top 5 and will snipe people at random times. Far enough apart that it can't be just for a payout climb.

But it would be nice to be able to do the climb at a time other than right after work and during the dinner hour. Or some weeks when I have to work late, I have to try and climb sporadically throughout the day because I won't have time before my payout.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I literally see this all the time. I'm totally with ya my friend. lol ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
    EA could easily fix this by allowing you to "collect" at any point in time within a 24 hour period. It would save EA boat loads of money because people will go days without collecting, and it would relieve loads of frustration, anxiety, and anger from its customers by allowing them to actually use the arena for what it was intended for. Fighting against opponents instead of watching a clock all night.

If your suggestions were implemented, the market would be flooded with crystals. Everybody within top—100 (maybe more) could climb to to spot with a refresh or two to claim rank 1 rewards. To counter that, the rewards for at least top—100 would have to be greatly reduced. I don't see that happening.

How would your idea save CG money? How much money do they currently spend on arena play and rewards?

If you want to fight an opponent then simply choose another opponent. If you are inside top—5 and all the 4 others are engaged in battle, then just enjoy the sniping game. You'r in the ranks with the big prizes. You will have to earn them.
    Another day, another log jam at the top of my arena.

Ditto @TimmyHutch I keep having this happen at the most inopportune times. :neutral:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ

Have you tried joining or starting a shard chat. It can clear up some of this issue. I know before I joined mine, I was inadvertently taking out one of the people who had a payout an hour before mine and getting hit back and locked out some. Now I just wait until their payout is over and take 1st or 2nd after they're done with it. The people behind me do the same so I don't get sniped before my payout much and since those in the top 5 have usually already had their payout, they have no incentive to lock eachother out.

I am lucky and only have one other at my payout so we just let who ever gets to 1st 1st get it. But some of the people in more crowded payouts have a rotation to avoid the sniping and lockouts.

I know a fix like you mentioned above would be ideal but as you daid it likely won't happen so this may be the best option.
    TimmyHutch wrote: »

Have you tried joining or starting a shard chat. It can clear up some of this issue. I know before I joined mine, I was inadvertently taking out one of the people who had a payout an hour before mine and getting hit back and locked out some. Now I just wait until their payout is over and take 1st or 2nd after they're done with it. The people behind me do the same so I don't get sniped before my payout much and since those in the top 5 have usually already had their payout, they have no incentive to lock eachother out.

I am lucky and only have one other at my payout so we just let who ever gets to 1st 1st get it. But some of the people in more crowded payouts have a rotation to avoid the sniping and lockouts.

I know a fix like you mentioned above would be ideal but as you daid it likely won't happen so this may be the best option.

I'm in my shard chat. It doesn't help as there are 37 of us all at the same payout time. Not to mention, organizing the top like that takes the run away as well.

that sucks to have that many at the same payout. I only share mine with one other so I don't see the issue too much in my shard. Mostly those that had payout an hour or so before me.
    Is anybody else getting sick and tired of that message? I've mentioned a fix in the past that would be mutually beneficial to both EA, and its customers, but it doesn't even get a second look because its "working as intended". Meaning, they don't want to take the chance of milking less money out of us than they already do now. I'm so tired of the clock blocking within 30 minutes of payout time. EA could easily fix this by allowing you to "collect" at any point in time within a 24 hour period. It would save EA boat loads of money because people will go days without collecting, and it would relieve loads of frustration, anxiety, and anger from its customers by allowing them to actually use the arena for what it was intended for. Fighting against opponents instead of watching a clock all night. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to at least make it look like you care about your customers. No, you flat out refuse to help us. It's awful. In all my years of running successful businesses, I have never seen a business model that actually prefers to screw their customers. There will come a point in time where this will cause your customers to leave you forever. It may not be right now, but I promise you it will happen. The sad part is that it is easily preventable simply by adding a 24 hour active payout instead of a timed payout. The customer simply clicks the payout button once in every 24 hour period whenever they want to instead of waiting by their phone for 7:30pm to roll around hoping that nobody locks their arena team up so they can no longer battle. You know, that thing the arena was meant for? Battling? Who am I kidding lol...You'll never fix it. You're too greedy.s0e8le0sqwq2.jpg
    w6sjbhnbmn48.jpg
    I see those two messages, and I shrug, and do something else for 5 minutes. That's my solution.
  • Get better at clock blocking and collusion.