7* Chewy, What are the odds?

Prev1
I have Dengar at 30/100 shards right now. With bonus drops, guild store and shipment/weekly shipment shards, what are the chances i can get him to 7* before the end of the Chewbacca event?

Replies

• Monel
    2784 posts Member
    I'd say good. But then again what the heck do I know? Just depends on how many refreshes your drop rate etc... also it's safe to assume 5 shards from store per day on average. That's 14 days from just that. So pretty good odds imo.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    clhkqflbxpu0.jpg

Lol. Jk @BeaukinSaberlight I had to go for it. ;)

But in all seriousness, I completely agree with @Monel here. It mainly depends on RNG of what's in the guild store and whatnot. It's also dependent on your drop rate from the Bonus drops rn. It's been pretty good for me. I hope the same luck is with you! Hope that helps. Good luck and MTFBWY! Joe :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • I haven’t seen any dengar shards in the guild shop since I started farming to get him his 6th star. It all depends on luck.
  • Sure they will have packs for each character you can buy with 80 shards in them.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • 80? any idea how much these will cost? already shelled out some cash for crystals so hoping to get the shards without blowing another sum to seal the deal
  • Considering most BHs unlock at 25 shards (Ig88, Zam, Cad being exceptions at 50, Boba being the outlier at 80), I'd anticipate 25 or 30 shard packs for each.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Ok, I just know there will be packs to help people the week of the event
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Approximately 3,720 to 1
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    5* = Gear IX, Rarity 5 mods
    6* = Gear X & XI, Rarity 5 mods
    7* = Gear XI and some combination of Gear XII and Zetas

Source.....my educated guess

Your educated guess sounds wrong.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. Based on the little info we have, the statement it's going to be hard, and CGs love of panic farming/spending it's a helluva good guess.
  • My guess is average player with decent BH will find no issue getting to 5*. I have no exact definition of decent but my phoenix were complete junk and I was fine to unlock Thrawn.

I could see them adding some layer of complexity or unique mechanic - which we saw a hint of in the Jango special tiers - where you might really need an ability Jango/Embo/Aura bring to the table. It might not be impossible if you are super high gear / mods but maybe rng dependent without burning or Aura's topple extra damage, etc. This would reward the whales but keep the majority of population sated with a 5*/6* chewie. If they re-release the event before whatever he is needed for (Jedi Luke) drops I'm ok with that b/c then we'll have time to panic farm/grind those 3 into December. Whales gotta whale.
  • Never tell me the odds!
  • I don't think we'll see individual packs for each bounty hunter, just one big megapack that has everyone in it for cash. Probably just a fraction pack for crystals that might have 10 old bh shards and 10 bonus new bh shards. Any time a legendary event pops up we get a faction pack, individual packs are only offered for heroes journey.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »

@Austin9370 For starters... please dear God no. lol :lol:
    evoluza wrote: »

This. I think so too @evoluza ;)

Do you mind expanding on that thought?

1). Given that many players already have these characters, there needs to be a little bit of a challenge / grind to be ready for the event.

2). CG already indicated this will be a challenging event.

3). Recommended gear for Thrawn was Gear X. That was quite a while ago when that made it's first appearance.

Thrawn? Gear 10 needed? Really? lol. I beat the Thrawn event with gear 8 Phoenix, without Sabine and 5 dot mods. Mainly was just focused on protection primary stats, not even speed! lol. Ezra and Chopper weren't all that fast. 200 maybe? Maybe not now thinking about it. Everyone else was very, very slow. Not sure where you got your info @Austin9370 Just because that's what was recommended doesn't mean that it's what was needed. And the same will most likely hold true for this upcoming event as well. That's just my 2¢, however. ;)

I absolutely agree, if we speak old BH toons. With the new toons, it might be easier in terms of gear.
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Thrawn? Gear 10 needed? Really? lol. I beat the Thrawn event with gear 8 Phoenix, without Sabine and 5 dot mods. Mainly was just focused on protection primary stats, not even speed! lol. Ezra and Chopper weren't all that fast. 200 maybe? Maybe not now thinking about it. Everyone else was very, very slow. Not sure where you got your info @Austin9370 Just because that's what was recommended doesn't mean that it's what was needed. And the same will most likely hold true for this upcoming event as well. That's just my 2¢, however. ;)

One of the devs said that the Thrawn event was tuned to G10. I also beat it with G9 Hera, G10 Sabine + Ezra, G8 Kanaan and Zeb, but it took several tries and required good RNG.
    Now that many players have the majority of old BH, it is very likely that the difficulty will be tuned to G11-G12 with them. Of course this doesn't mean that you only have chance at this gear level, but it might take quite a few tries.
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    clhkqflbxpu0.jpg

But in all seriousness, I completely agree with @Monel here. It mainly depends on RNG of what's in the guild store and whatnot. It's also dependent on your drop rate from the Bonus drops rn. It's been pretty good for me. I hope the same luck is with you! Hope that helps. Good luck and MTFBWY! Joe :)

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

@Austin9370 For starters... please dear God no. lol :lol:

This. I think so too @evoluza ;)

Do you mind expanding on that thought?

1). Given that many players already have these characters, there needs to be a little bit of a challenge / grind to be ready for the event.

2). CG already indicated this will be a challenging event.

3). Recommended gear for Thrawn was Gear X. That was quite a while ago when that made it's first appearance.

Of course, these are always beatable below the recommended gear and I typically do this as well, but generally speaking those will be the recommended requirements. As always mods and strategy will always be a factor.

To paraphrase one if the Devs response, "people seem to just consistently bang their head against a wall until RNG let's them through".

I remember beating it with subpar Phoenix as well. It was my second or third try of the event. I also remember thinking I was very lucky and still having trouble with other events that needed Phoenix. While it’s definitely doable at lower gears I think it would make a lot more sense to gear the Phoenix (then) and the BH now.

I would say g10 minimum for 7* with zetas at least saved and willing to drop all other projects to gear BH more if needed.

And $300 set aside if jango is needed. Less if it’s Bossk. Assuming he’s farmed most of the way by now.
  • MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I have 5* g11 zossk, 7* g11 dengar, 7* g11 ig88, g12 7* boba, 4* g11 embo, 7* g10 cad bane, g8 7* greedo, g8 3* aurra, g7 4* jango... I'm hoping to atleast 6* chewy if not 7*.. have great mods I could put on them. And use prolly Zossk lead, boba, embo, dengar, and either cad or 88... also thinking about a zeta on embo, or another on bossk. But should prolly save it
  • MrRedxZero wrote: »
    I have 5* g11 zossk, 7* g11 dengar, 7* g11 ig88, g12 7* boba, 4* g11 embo, 7* g10 cad bane, g8 7* greedo, g8 3* aurra, g7 4* jango... I'm hoping to atleast 6* chewy if not 7*.. have great mods I could put on them. And use prolly Zossk lead, boba, embo, dengar, and either cad or 88... also thinking about a zeta on embo, or another on bossk. But should prolly save it

Being that Embo is only 4 stars putting a zeta on him will only help you get chewie to 4 stars, overkill with your current roster. I'd save it in Hope's you can get Chewie to 6 or 7 and use it on him.
  • I have 5 BH at 7 stars. gear 9 x 3, g10 x 1 and g12 x 1

I'll whack on some speed mods and whatever happens, happens

I may get another to g10 before it starts

I just hope the game is done well and is fun. If i don't get 7* i'll get it next time round
  • Monel wrote: »
    MrRedxZero wrote: »

Being that Embo is only 4 stars putting a zeta on him will only help you get chewie to 4 stars, overkill with your current roster. I'd save it in Hope's you can get Chewie to 6 or 7 and use it on him.

Chewy will unlock at 5*, so zetaing Embo at 4* is more than overkill, it’s pointless unless he’s taken to 5* by event time.
  • sying wrote: »
    clhkqflbxpu0.jpg

kDaf0d3.gif
  • sying wrote: »
    clhkqflbxpu0.jpg

sying wrote: »
    clhkqflbxpu0.jpg

kDaf0d3.gif

@sying @EventineElessedil

p67caix4vpwy.gif
    ksvxfidxgghc.gif

;):sunglasses::)
  • took way less time than i thought. I'm 6 shards away now! Just hoping my gear levels are high enough for me to unlock the big furry oaf at 7*!
  • I thought the star levels didn't matter for this one.. I must have misunderstood
  • took way less time than i thought. I'm 6 shards away now! Just hoping my gear levels are high enough for me to unlock the big furry oaf at 7*!

It does go pretty fast. I was 70 shards away from 7 star dengar and 110 or so shards from 7 star bossk when they announced the chewie legendary. Now 7 star dengar and 10 shards from 7 star bossk.

It's amazing what focusing arena and fleet arena crystals on 6 energy refreshes and node refreshes all towards bossk and saving guild currency for dengar can do.