Best advice for losing to the same weaker team multiple times

Edward
651 posts Member
edited September 2018
It’s very often to lose to the same and weaker fleet only because of RNG gives opponents higher chance of ability blocks and assists.

What’s the best advice when losing multiple times to the same weaker fleet with basically identical ships and strategy?

This has happened four times consecutively and enemy Geo Soldier assists in nearly every ally attack, mine is less than 50% and I have maxed out all the abilities, all G12.

LySIN2X.png
Post edited by Edward on

Replies

• RNG is the worst element in the game, like a tumour ruins all the fun and hard efforts.
  • Pay to switch to the new meta and auto the bugs of course.
  • It's not how many times you get knocked down that count, it's how many times you get back up.
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    Pay to switch to the new meta and auto the bugs of course.

Fifth attempt, won easily in one minute, enemy still got more ability blocks and assists, I won only because my Spy dodged first attack so I can attack his Soldier directly.

IGDcZ04.png
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    No_Try wrote: »
    It's not how many times you get knocked down that count, it's how many times you get back up.

Luckily I don’t have to waste much time on a game that has lost almost all the fun because I have another game to play.
  • First, if you have lost 5 and won 1, perhaps its time to reconsider who you apply the term "weaker" to.

Being self-critical is a virtue.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    First, if you have lost 5 and won 1, perhaps its time to reconsider who you apply the term "weaker" to.

Lol, you should read before you comment, he uses same ship and same strategy, only slower and lower power, by definition weaker.

Read before you comment is a good habit because everyone can read your comment.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately the closer you get to a mirror match, the more RNG you will experience. Even if you are the stronger team in the match.

There is also a lot to be said for rienforcments as a strategy, from the ships you choose to bring in and the order you place them, to the capital ship you choose. Maybe you need to look at changing something up, because there is a saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

thatguy181 wrote: »

Maxed toons with a 3* ship can do ok. Of course they will not be great, but they can help you run a different strategy, at least on offense
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Edward wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    First, if you have lost 5 and won 1, perhaps its time to reconsider who you apply the term "weaker" to.

Lol, you should read before you comment, he uses same ship and same strategy, only slower and lower power, by definition weaker.

Read before you comment is a good habit because everyone can read your comment.

I did read. Sometimes it is better to be slower. I keep my Thrawn slower on purpose. There is a reason why the Patriots sometimes choose to kick off instead of receive. GP of your fleet means absolutely nothing. Literally every single fleet I fight in Top 10 is faster and has more GP than me.

You just arent using the right strategy.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Unfortunately the closer you get to a mirror match, the more RNG you will experience. Even if you are the stronger team in the match.

There is also a lot to be said for rienforcments as a strategy, from the ships you choose to bring in and the order you place them, to the capital ship you choose. Maybe you need to look at changing something up, because there is a saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Maxed toons with a 3* ship can do ok. Of course they will not be great, but they can help you run a different strategy, at least on offense

Strategy plays trivial part when RNG plays against you. What you are saying is it’s “gambling”, unfortunately people who gamble usually lose, a lot more often.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018

Strategy plays trivial part when RNG plays against you. What you are saying is it’s “gambling”, unfortunately people who gamble usually lose, a lot more often.

No. Life is RNG. Strategy is all about minimizing its effects. Blaming "fate" is a cop-out. It may all eventually come down to a dice-roll, but if you weight the dice with strategy, you will win more.

;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

In gambling the odds always favour the house. AI favours the attacker, since the strategy is weaker than what you can accomplish on manual play. RNG on 'dice rolls' is neutral.
  • The advice about capital ships and reinforcements is solid. Changing or upgrading your capital ship and changing around your reinforcements can have a big effect on the battle.