Credit Crunch

Prev134
m0rality
167 posts Member
Sitting on ~4 MM in promotions...not spending 1 penny on credit packs. I already paid for the shards.... This needs to change.

7* - Mace, Rex, Phasma
6* - Clone Searge
4* - NS Init, Han, Resistance Trooper

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    There is definitely a crunch for credits but this game is about paying to advance quicker. So if you don't want to pay it will take longer.

Are you completing GW daily? That is about 450k a day.

I am also sitting on a bunch needing promotion but I have also saved money waiting on my jedi.
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    I know....it is just painful. Frankly, the Yoda challenge is exacerbating the issue. There is no way that I would have powered up Ashoka or Mace Windu. That is where by credits are going.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Here are the GW credit rewards
    Node 1 = 7650 = 7650
    Node 2 = 15300 = 22950
    Node 3 = 24250 = 47200
    Node 4 = 30600 = 77800
    Node 5 = 35530 = 113330
    Node 6 = 39550 = 152880
    Node 7 = 42950 = 195830
    Node 8 = 45900 = 241730
    Node 9 = 48500 = 290230
    Node 10 = 50830 = 341060
    Node 11 = 52930 = 393990
    Node 12 = 54850 = 448840
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • If you're not gonna pay for credits you have to farm them and it will take longer. Simple. Want to advance quicker? I buy credits.

In case you haven't noticed by now you farm gear, farm shards and drum roll please...... you farm credits so 90% of the game is farming. It's also designed so you can't get all your toons to the max level within a month.

Welcome to the grind friend
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Starjumper wrote: »
    If you're not gonna pay for credits you have to farm them and it will take longer. Simple. Want to advance quicker? I buy credits.

In case you haven't noticed by now you farm gear, farm shards and drum roll please...... you farm credits so 90% of the game is farming. It's also designed so you can't get all your toons to the max level within a month.

Welcome to the grind friend

+1
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    I certainly understand the farming system. I have bought a ton of shards and even a couple of character packs. However, I don't buy Chrome Packs or Credits. For some reason there is a line there that I won't cross.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    m0rality wrote: »
    However, I don't buy Chrome Packs or Credits. For some reason there is a line there that I won't cross.

That seems to be the same for most. I have no problem buying credit packs every once in a while.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    The reason I farm shards in map 5 and 6 of cantina instead of other maps: I get more credits from them.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I cant justify buying credits when they can be farmed for free and farming them nets you gear/shards/currency while buying them just gets you a few credits
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    When they double the credit cost to level a character without increasing the rewards, it's goin go result in a bad economy. 1.1 mil to level 1-60 and another 1.3 mil from 60-70. It wouldn't surprise me if they increase it another 1.5 to go from 70-80. Unless they increase rewards a lot, this economy will be in serious shambles.

At least bump up the credit package when you reach 70. 525k base was fine at 60 when you could buy 2 to max out a token. Now you have to buy 4. If it was a 1 mil base payout at 70 it wouldn't be so bad.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    If your FTP there is no credit crunch as you Farm credits faster than you farm shards.

So the question is why are people willing to pay for shards, gear, desperately want to pay for mats but refuse to pay for credits?
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    If your FTP there is no credit crunch as you Farm credits faster than you farm shards.

So the question is why are people willing to pay for shards, gear, desperately want to pay for mats but refuse to pay for credits?

Because credit values have been cut in half, while drop rates for gear/shards have not. As FTP, if it took twice as long to farm gear and shards from 60-70 as it did from 1-60, you would be upset too. credit prices have essentially doubled while everything else stayed the same.
  • Mittens wrote: »

Because credit values have been cut in half, while drop rates for gear/shards have not. As FTP, if it took twice as long to farm gear and shards from 60-70 as it did from 1-60, you would be upset too. credit prices have essentially doubled while everything else stayed the same.

This isn't the case. Everything increases. When you're levelling toons at 40-50 most you need of an item/gear is 5, it then jumps to 20 and later 50. Drop rates haven't changed but the quantity required does increase.

As I've said in various other posts this is a farming game. The reason why so many people are unhappy is they don't want to be patient and farm the credits and if this is the case - buy them if not then grind out GW for a few days till you have the credits. If any of you have ever played clash of clans and had to GRIND out days of battles to get the gold you need...... And then you have to wait up to 14 days for it actually upgrade before you can use it! Well the mechanics of this are not much different nor from many other mobile games and in fact I'd say this has very reasonable turnaround timescales when you compare.

The way I see it is if they start throwing away more credits then everyone will be at the level cap again within a month. As a business model something has to be harder to obtain else everyone will be crying out for new content because they've peaked. They could increase credits and reduce drop rates to reach the same goal which is essentially to slow it down the further you progress.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Mittens wrote: »

This isn't the case. Everything increases. When you're levelling toons at 40-50 most you need of an item/gear is 5, it then jumps to 20 and later 50. Drop rates haven't changed but the quantity required does increase.

As I've said in various other posts this is a farming game. The reason why so many people are unhappy is they don't want to be patient and farm the credits and if this is the case - buy them if not then grind out GW for a few days till you have the credits. If any of you have ever played clash of clans and had to GRIND out days of battles to get the gold you need...... And then you have to wait up to 14 days for it actually upgrade before you can use it! Well the mechanics of this are not much different nor from many other mobile games and in fact I'd say this has very reasonable turnaround timescales when you compare.

The way I see it is if they start throwing away more credits then everyone will be at the level cap again within a month. As a business model something has to be harder to obtain else everyone will be crying out for new content because they've peaked. They could increase credits and reduce drop rates to reach the same goal which is essentially to slow it down the further you progress.

Farming isn't the issue. It's exponentially increasing costs without increasing the ability to pay those costs. It's like making $30k a year and Living paycheck to paycheck. Now double the cost of gas, food, mortgage, clothing, etc but now you are making 35k a year. When the cost of goods rises faster than the means to acquire those goods, recessions happen. Now you have to work twice as much to buy the same exact services that you could before. If you made $100 a week and you spent $100 in gas a week, you break even. If you get a raise to now make $150 a week and gas increases to $200 a week, how can you afford to pay it? That is what people are complaining about. and what about when the cap is increased to 80 and it costs another 1 mil to go from 70-80 and they don't increase the credit rewards? Will you still hold the same position that you should just have to grind?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Farming isn't the issue. It's exponentially increasing costs without increasing the ability to pay those costs. It's like making $30k a year and Living paycheck to paycheck. Now double the cost of gas, food, mortgage, clothing, etc but now you are making 35k a year. When the cost of goods rises faster than the means to acquire those goods, recessions happen. Now you have to work twice as much to buy the same exact services that you could before. If you made $100 a week and you spent $100 in gas a week, you break even. If you get a raise to now make $150 a week and gas increases to $200 a week, how can you afford to pay it? That is what people are complaining about. and what about when the cap is increased to 80 and it costs another 1 mil to go from 70-80 and they don't increase the credit rewards? Will you still hold the same position that you should just have to grind?

That imo is not a good analogy and could go into the politics of what else is behind that but I won't.

There are more ways to get credits but most don't want to do it because they feel it is a waste, why would a company give you more free credits if you don't want to exchange the free currency you already get for credits.

Everyone wants to only use crystals and energy for farming shards and gear. These things can be converted to credits also. Yeah it is probably a bad exchange rate but if you are truly f2p it still costs you nothing.

• Starjumper wrote: »

Well...therein is a problem for the game economy. Frankly, I have reduced my crystal purchases to almost nil because of lack of credits. I am sitting on toons that I can't upgrade because I don't have the credits. So, it really doesn't do any good for me to pay for crystals anymore. My response to that has not been to pay for credits. It has been to STOP buying crystals. Essentially the game economics are driving me away from a P2P player to a free to play player. I simply will not spend more for very small, incremental progress. That is what other players are echoing when they complain about the credit crunch.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Well...therein is a problem for the game economy. Frankly, I have reduced my crystal purchases to almost nil because of lack of credits. I am sitting on toons that I can't upgrade because I don't have the credits. So, it really doesn't do any good for me to pay for crystals anymore. My response to that has not been to pay for credits. It has been to STOP buying crystals. Essentially the game economics are driving me away from a P2P player to a free to play player. I simply will not spend more for very small, incremental progress. That is what other players are echoing when they complain about the credit crunch.

I am not saying you have to do it but another example of buying crystals to grind gear, get shards but not credits.
  • The problem is that when you get to level 70 the game dynamic changes. Part of the fun was exploring a lot of different toons. At level 70, a toon isn't relevant until they are 65+, 5*, and Purple. So you can't really explore new toons and level up your main toons to compete, without investing a LOT more cash. The game economics are therefore driving me to not level up toons, and just fight with my Top 5. This is the frustration that people have with GW. Once the level cap goes to 80, I think that my incentive to play and spend will decrease further. That is not the intent of the game.
  • scuba wrote: »

That imo is not a good analogy and could go into the politics of what else is behind that but I won't.

There are more ways to get credits but most don't want to do it because they feel it is a waste, why would a company give you more free credits if you don't want to exchange the free currency you already get for credits.

Everyone wants to only use crystals and energy for farming shards and gear. These things can be converted to credits also. Yeah it is probably a bad exchange rate but if you are truly f2p it still costs you nothing.

Shards and gear cannot be converted to credits. And your still missing the larger issue. Whales will buy the credit packs anyway. No one is complaining of the grind. They are worried because costs increase exponentially without additional sources of credits. The credit event was bad before, now it's severely nerfed. You cannot sell excess gear anymore. And frankly, at the rate leveling costs, it will be over 2 mil per toon to level from 70 to 80. None of that bodes well for the in game economy, or the games health. There is a large number of high paying players who have stated they are reducing or eliminating purchases because of this. Just search these forums, and Reddit.
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    scuba wrote: »

I am not saying you have to do it but another example of buying crystals to grind gear, get shards but not credits.

Buying credits just isn't sexy. Buy a char pack...I get something cool. Grind for shards and gear. You get to play a round or the gambling joy of spinning the wheel for a win or loss. Buying credits is not a "game". It is just pouring money in. I would rather pay a "premium subscription fee and have all of that built in".

Shards and gear cannot be converted to credits. And your still missing the larger issue. Whales will buy the credit packs anyway. No one is complaining of the grind. They are worried because costs increase exponentially without additional sources of credits. The credit event was bad before, now it's severely nerfed. You cannot sell excess gear anymore. And frankly, at the rate leveling costs, it will be over 2 mil per toon to level from 70 to 80. None of that bodes well for the in game economy, or the games health. There is a large number of high paying players who have stated they are reducing or eliminating purchases because of this. Just search these forums, and Reddit.

Exactly my point. The credit scarcity is driving me to STOP spending money on the game.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I did not mean gear or shards can be converted to credits. Could have worded better. So let's try this

Everyone wants to only use crystals and energy for farming shards and gear. Crystals can be converted to credits also. Yeah it is probably a bad exchange rate but if you are truly f2p it still costs you nothing.

My point is most f2p complain there is not a source of credits but most don't use the credit packs.

So if I were a company providing free crystals that you as f2p refuse to convert to credits why would I just give you more credits for free?

Again this game is you pay for convince and getting things done faster not for great rates.
  • Scuba, I am not F2P. I have probably spent $500-700 on the game. My point is that I pretty much stopped spending this week because my toons are stagnating. I can no longer materially improve my team given its maturity and size. My response to this has not been to spend more...it is to stop spending because it is futile. That is not what I want, nor is it what EA wants.
  • As F2P I dont think the credit crunch impacts me. I have to prioritize so what. That is part of managing resources. The thing that gets me is people willing to spend a thousand dollars for some character shards. Mostly shards they couldve got for free, but wont spend 4 dollars for a credit pack.
  • If you are not spending on crystals, you should be complaining. "Sancho, ladran, señal que cabalgamos" is the bet way to sum it
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    I did not mean gear or shards can be converted to credits. Could have worded better. So let's try this

Everyone wants to only use crystals and energy for farming shards and gear. Crystals can be converted to credits also. Yeah it is probably a bad exchange rate but if you are truly f2p it still costs you nothing.

My point is most f2p complain there is not a source of credits but most don't use the credit packs.

So if I were a company providing free crystals that you as f2p refuse to convert to credits why would I just give you more credits for free?

Again this game is you pay for convince and getting things done faster not for great rates.

So would you defend the decision if it cost 20 million to level from 1-70 the way it is now? Because you could just buy credits and they shouldn't just give us credits for free? Where is your line of increasing credit costs and not increasing ways to acquire it?
  • As F2P I dont think the credit crunch impacts me. I have to prioritize so what. That is part of managing resources. The thing that gets me is people willing to spend a thousand dollars for some character shards. Mostly shards they couldve got for free, but wont spend 4 dollars for a credit pack.

The game teaches you this behavior. There is no credit crunch when you start. It happens right before you unlock GW. It decreases as you progress through GW. Then when you hit Level 70+ it clamps down like a vice. Maybe if I had to pay for credits from the start, I wouldn't mind....or if they bundled credits and crystals...maybe I wouldn't care.

Once again your using f2p in your argument. And are ignoring the other arguments. So some players are f2p....this doesn't mean credits should be severly limited with regards to cost. This won't force any of them to pay. And paying players are not happy with the trend of reducing credit rewards. F2p p2p has nothing to do with it. And your assumption that most of those complaining or voicing concern are f2p players is invalid. I'm not a whale, but I have spent money. Others have as well. Where is your data showing it is only f2p who are concerned?
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    I had to buy a credits pack for the first time for todays GW, I couldnt finish GW. level 70 purple gear teams on the last two battles was too much for me.

Those that can finish GW on a daily basis have it good.
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    As F2P I dont think the credit crunch impacts me. I have to prioritize so what. That is part of managing resources. The thing that gets me is people willing to spend a thousand dollars for some character shards. Mostly shards they couldve got for free, but wont spend 4 dollars for a credit pack.

Not sure what level you are, but I think that you would care eventually. Griding for Purple Gear, Shards, and Credits at Lvl 70 and F2P sounds really painful. The progress would only get worse >70. I guess the point that EA is making is that after level 60....you will need to pay for credits.