Revan and Luke Jedi Knight Hero's Journey coming soon? Lets speculate.

Prev1
With this month login character (Rolo) and OT Chewie as legendary, I'm almost sure Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker is just around the corner.

I think for Luke's event we will need ESB chars:

Hermit Yoda
Captain Han Solo
Rebel Officer Leia Organa
Chewbacca
CLS or R2-D2

Final boss: Vader and Boba on Bespin.

Now Zaalbar, Mission Vao and T3-M4 are about to become farmable which could mean we will be able to finally farm all 5 characters from KOTOR, which essentially would be the requirements for Revan's Journey event.

Final Boss: Darth Malak

This has been a common sense in my guild lately.

What you guys think?

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Pretty good bets, but with the BH ships and Chewie, maybe throw in OT falcon somewhere.

Betting Ebon Hawk and MAYBE HK for Revan.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Indeed VonZant. Ebon Hawk would be sweet!
  • Options
    Raven is at least 6-8 months away.
    I’m thinking we’ll get Malek and Malbus first.

Jedi Luke is at least 3-4 months away. It will probably wait for the second or third showing of OT Chewbacca event.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    IgneoMorte wrote: »

Jedi Luke is at least 3-4 months away. It will probably wait for the second or third showing of OT Chewbacca event.

Remember that last year we got not one but TWO Hero's Journey events (CLS and JTR). So, I personally think that we may get at least one till December.
  • Options

Remember that last year we got not one but TWO Hero's Journey events (CLS and JTR). So, I personally think that we may get at least one till December.

Definitely looking forward to another. They are a fun way to show of one’s collection. 😃
  • Options

Definitely looking forward to another. They are a fun way to show of one’s collection. 😃

Absolutely bro.

But I agree with your first post that Darth Malak could come before Revan, which would be cool too.
  • Options

Wow. Raven the 90's wrestler, Rami Malek the actor, and another version of baze malbus are all coming to the game? You've got some wild ideas. I'm excited. (Haha just messing. Spelling errors happen)

I agree that Jedi Luke would not be coming until chewie is available the second time, assuming chewie is needed for like, and assuming that they stick with how they've done hero's journey to this point.
  • Options
    I’ve been wrong so much! SEPtember!!??

But I think we finally have some patterns.

BH= Chewy - Legendary

KOTOR= Malak or some ds sith from that time - Legendary

Chewy, chs,rolo,hy, CLS= Jedi Luke - HJ

BH * Empire ships = The Falcon- Ship legendary.

I think Revan is coming but not right now.
  • Options

Hermit Yoda
    Captain Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    CLS or R2-D2

I always assumed these characters, but now I'm wondering if it'll end up requiring Raid Han, rather than Hoth Han. The new Chewie doesn't have any synergy with Hoth Han. But, then again, maybe the developers aren't considering their synergy for the Hero's Journey event, and will go with Captain Han regardless.

• Sentia
    280 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I suspect we get Revan in February, DN and Sion were both February releases. would be just barely enough time to get required characters farmed if people focus, or they will at least be close enough to be incentivized to buy the rest of what they need.

I also suspect that a Jedi Luke Heroes Journey would be timed to coincide with the game's anniversary in November.

As for character requirements, I think Jedi Luke could require more than 5 character to do the Journey.

Like if it followed the plot from RotJ:
    Rescue Frozen Han, with R2, Chewy, CLS, Leia, and Lando.
    Hermit Yoda training level with CLS vs hologram Vader.
    Battle for Endor with the Ewoks (any 5).
    Battle on the death star, part 1 CLS vs Vader.
    Fleet battle near the death star with Home1 and Rebel Ships vs Empire Fleet.
    Battle on the death star, part 2 CLS & gimped Vader (Stunned for 6 turns) vs Palp.

• Options
    I think if they did a reven legendary, they would release him at close time with Carth Onasi and that mandalorian dude
  • Options
    With this month login character (Rolo) and OT Chewie as legendary, I'm almost sure Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker is just around the corner.

Hermit Yoda
    Captain Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    CLS or R2-D2

Final boss: Vader and Boba on Bespin.

Now Zaalbar, Mission Vao and T3-M4 are about to become farmable which could mean we will be able to finally farm all 5 characters from KOTOR, which essentially would be the requirements for Revan's Journey event.

Final Boss: Darth Malak

This has been a common sense in my guild lately.

What you guys think?

CLS with definitely be required, just like Farmboy Luke was required for CLS. My money is on R2 not ROLO though since Luke interacts with R2 plenty in ESB but doesn't interact with ROLO much outside of the incest kiss. Plus requiring two legendaries would be fitting in upping the ante for actually being able to unlock Jedi Luke.

I actually think we'll get some sort of legendary KOTOR event before Revan, perhaps for Carth or Canderous. Currently Bastila is the only one with a leadership and she doesn't benefit the rest of the team which will make a HJ hard. Plus HJ seem to be tied to a legendary character.

Short term I think we'll get a HJ like event next using the Solo smugglers to unlock the OT Falcon (piloted by Han and Chewie).
  • Options
    Sentia wrote: »
    I suspect we get Revan in February, DN and Sion were both February releases. would be just barely enough time to get required characters farmed if people focus, or they will at least be close enough to be incentivized to buy the rest of what they need.

I also suspect that a Jedi Luke Heroes Journey would be timed to coincide with the game's anniversary in November.

As for character requirements, I think Jedi Luke could require more than 5 character to do the Journey.

Battle on the death star, part 2 CLS & gimped Vader (Stunned for 6 turns) vs Palp.

Thing is that if they follow the previous Hero's Journey, you get the character from the movie by finishing the previous movie's story line. So I think it would be more like this:

Rescue CLS with Han, Chewy = 2* Luke shard
    Han, Chewy, R2 and Leia fight off empire troops invading Hoth Base = 3* Luke Shard
    Luke and Hermit Yoda in some sort of training event with some form of vader = 4* Luke Shard
    Han, Leia, Chewy and R2 fighting empire going to a solo of Han vs vader where he loses = 5* Luke Shard
    Leia, Chewy, R2, Lando and Lobot fighting to get Han back = 6* Luke Shard
    Luke solo against Vader Loses his hand = 7* Luke

Would be kind of sad not to fight through Return of the Jedi though, so I'd be curious what they would offer for the reward for that. Maybe Hermit Luke?

• Options
    Can't have a Revan Journey without first getting a Revan. I expect Revan some time in October, and RotJ Luke in December.
  • Options
    Just wait, 7* Wampa required
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I think Luke (Jedi Training) should come first.
  • Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    I think Luke (Jedi Training) should come first.

We have that one already.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Can't have a Revan Journey without first getting a Revan. I expect Revan some time in October, and RotJ Luke in December.

Who ever said Revan would be a Hero's Journey? Could be a whole new format.
  • Options
    Personally, I think Carth Onasi has to come before Revan and he would make a solid choice for a legendary event.

1) He is the only major character from the game outside of Revan not to be released. Canderous and Juhani are not essential to the plot.
    2) He makes the natural choice for an Old Republic leader ability. Bastilla's would only affect Jolee and Juhani (if they released her), and HK (if given the OR tag) would only affect T3. Any major Revan event would require a leader that affects all toons.
    3) If you are going to release the Ebon Hawk, you need its pilot and that is Onasi.
  • Options
    Both of the hero's journeys we have required an initial unit (Luke Farmboy/Rey Scavenger) and a legendary character (R2D2/BB8). If we get another hero's journey in 2018, it'd have to be from a current character (for example, the oft speculated JKA to Lord Vader hero's fall) and a new legendary event. OT Chewbacca could be part of a hero's journey for CLS (either to Red Leader Luke with a ship or to Jedi Knight Luke). With only 14 weeks left, I don't think that there's enough time on the 2018 calendar for a basic Revan to be introduced along with a legendary ally to fit the previous hero's journeys' mold.

The legendary Chewie event hasn't started yet. Even if it started tomorrow, it would still last a week. As it is, we should get an announcement several days to an entire week before the event starts.
    CG has stated that hero's journeys come along about every 4 months, which means both the CLS and RJT events will happen in 2018. Last time, the RJT event was announced on 6/06 and ran from 6/14-6/20, then the CLS event started on 6/28. 4 weeks from the announcement to the end of both hero's journeys.

We won't be done with all of that until we're partially through November. Even if they skip the speculated Solo movie legendary event, there's just not time in 2018 to accomplish everything necessary for a Revan hero's journey release. And there's no way it makes sense to them monetarily to overlap the old hero's journeys and any brand new legendary events, especially when you consider the end of 2018 is only halfway through CG's fiscal year. It's far more likely to see Revan and his journey come out at the beginning of 2019 for the annual legendary sith lord release in February. And that would push the next Luke hero's journey even farther away.

In short, we all want everything right now, but if I've learned anything over the last two years, SWGOH is not a game of get everything right now. Yes, we'll get Revan; yes, we'll get Jedi Knight Luke; no, we won't get them this year.
  • Options
    HK 47 should be needed for revan
  • Options
    HK 47 should be needed for revan
  • Options
    before jedi luke, we need yoda backpack luke.
  • Options

Oh god, please don't give them any ideas.
  • Options
    Both of the hero's journeys we have required an initial unit (Luke Farmboy/Rey Scavenger) and a legendary character (R2D2/BB8). If we get another hero's journey in 2018, it'd have to be from a current character (for example, the oft speculated JKA to Lord Vader hero's fall) and a new legendary event. OT Chewbacca could be part of a hero's journey for CLS (either to Red Leader Luke with a ship or to Jedi Knight Luke). With only 14 weeks left, I don't think that there's enough time on the 2018 calendar for a basic Revan to be introduced along with a legendary ally to fit the previous hero's journeys' mold.

The legendary Chewie event hasn't started yet. Even if it started tomorrow, it would still last a week. As it is, we should get an announcement several days to an entire week before the event starts.
    CG has stated that hero's journeys come along about every 4 months, which means both the CLS and RJT events will happen in 2018. Last time, the RJT event was announced on 6/06 and ran from 6/14-6/20, then the CLS event started on 6/28. 4 weeks from the announcement to the end of both hero's journeys.

We won't be done with all of that until we're partially through November. Even if they skip the speculated Solo movie legendary event, there's just not time in 2018 to accomplish everything necessary for a Revan hero's journey release. And there's no way it makes sense to them monetarily to overlap the old hero's journeys and any brand new legendary events, especially when you consider the end of 2018 is only halfway through CG's fiscal year. It's far more likely to see Revan and his journey come out at the beginning of 2019 for the annual legendary sith lord release in February. And that would push the next Luke hero's journey even farther away.

In short, we all want everything right now, but if I've learned anything over the last two years, SWGOH is not a game of get everything right now. Yes, we'll get Revan; yes, we'll get Jedi Knight Luke; no, we won't get them this year.

Cg’s Year is different than ours. In October we re in the 2nd half. They are April-March.
    Solo toons I don’t see as a legendary anymore.

2 toon legendaries
    1 toon hj
    1 ship legendary
    Within one year seems neat and packaged up enough for me.
  • Options
    According to the Character Release Cadence, T3, Mission, and Big Z are scheduled to become f2p no later than 10/11. If Chewie drops Thursday, then they could release another content patch two weeks later and meet that deadline.

If they intend a big legendary based on those characters, the timing will likely be based on where those characters are dropped on the Holotables. When Phoenix was released to the tables, a F2P player with some banked currency had enough time to get 5 of the characters to 6* by the end of Thrawn's first event, but would have needed a bunch of crystals to get 7* Thrawn the first time.

I expect similar timing for KOTOR - the "easier" the farms are, the sooner we should expect a KOTOR legendary. I just finished Bossk, so now all my light/dark energy and all my ship energy is going to Bastila and Jolee. I think they were released on two separate energies, along with the 8 attempts and the cheaper node refreshes - to give players an opportunity to "quick-farm" those two.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    According to the Character Release Cadence, T3, Mission, and Big Z are scheduled to become f2p no later than 10/11. If Chewie drops Thursday, then they could release another content patch two weeks later and meet that deadline.

If they intend a big legendary based on those characters, the timing will likely be based on where those characters are dropped on the Holotables. When Phoenix was released to the tables, a F2P player with some banked currency had enough time to get 5 of the characters to 6* by the end of Thrawn's first event, but would have needed a bunch of crystals to get 7* Thrawn the first time.

I expect similar timing for KOTOR - the "easier" the farms are, the sooner we should expect a KOTOR legendary. I just finished Bossk, so now all my light/dark energy and all my ship energy is going to Bastila and Jolee. I think they were released on two separate energies, along with the 8 attempts and the cheaper node refreshes - to give players an opportunity to "quick-farm" those two.

Not a shameless plug I swear.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/178334/marquee-toons-next-to-be-farmed#latest
  • Options

I kinda like this. Should be much more difficult to get rotj luke
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I think if they did a reven legendary, they would release him at close time with Carth Onasi and that mandalorian dude

That Mandalorian dude???? Don't you mean Canderous?
  • Options
    I'm completely altering my expectations for these characters, and the next half year. I had been thinking we'd get something for the Bounty Hunters, though I was unsure what, and then Malak, and then some Clone Wars stuff, and then Revan around Christmas.

Now I believe we will see Chewie to end this month, with October featuring some Clone/Separatist reworks and new characters. Then November we get the Darth Revan legendary event, requiring Old Republic. And in December Chewie comes back and we get Jedi Knight Luke Hero's Journey Part 2. January will see something odd, before February sees the Revan Journey.