Nightsister Zombie Rework: Begone Paper, Hello Fat [MEGA]

Replies

• This rework is one year to Late. It’s Great around one year working on Night sister only for the Sithraid and now this f....... s...! Give back all gear and zetas from all Night sister. Maybe it‘s Time After three years to quit with the Game.
  • So when is this supposed to take effect?
  • Let me start by saying that if you’re here to protest ANY fixes to the condition known as ‘paper zombie’, well I can’t argue with that... Have fun! Personally I was an arena guy and saw more value in gearing her up... it was a choice I made and I don’t fault you one bit. The people who changed their minds about it, messed this up for everyone. (Thanks for that btw.)

For those of you wanting your Asajj lead zeta back, please re-read. You’re still not quite getting what’s happening here exactly. You’re upset about another nerf (and rightfully so) but for the most part, she’ll be perfectly fine.

For those wanting your Asajj unique zeta back, well I’m not going to argue with you...but I think you folks should wait and see how much the new heal benefits your teams. From the descriptions of many of the complaints, I think people seem to be missing the point that it’s only coming from her special.. not her basic attack. So if you don’t want a heal, you can use her basic. Simple.

For those wanting Dakka’s zeta back, well you’re going to get it... but most will probably put it right back on her. P4 of Sith should still be viable, (what the devs want) and the zeta helps there.

What really is under assault here is MT’s Lead zeta, and arguably then entire NS faction by extension. That’s where I come down. They could have done so many other things to make this simpler and maybe even a bit more logical than the “I killed your Talia, but zombie fell down dead instead.” design. (They could have paired Zombie’s Endless Horde abilities with Dakka for example)

What was fun about this squad from the beginning was the deaths/revivals aspect. Did they kill it? Not entirely, but the proposed ‘delay’ is enough for me. A similar mechanic to P3 of the STR, was P4 of HAAT ... using specific deaths to fuel the stacking conditions in Dakka and Asajj. I’m sorry if this offends some people, but those aspects are ‘fun’. They’re outside the box and imo they should be rewarded instead of punished.

Similar to those strategies, I emplore a routine of allowing of some toons to die (via not healing them when I could have) for the added chance of increasing my offensive output versus tanks, Nest, etc... I do this daily in one of the events, raids, arena or sometimes even the table battles. To delay it’s functionality is to remove an aspect, that so directly affects the squad as a whole, is an affront to what I spent so many resources to acquire... and my fun.

MT’s leadership is what’s under attack here, and for what? because they couldn’t predict the effectiveness of an established squad in the ‘new’ raid? Didn’t they say that the Nightsisters would be an important component to succeeding? Well I guess they succeeded too much? Or did they just succeed in an area that they didn’t want them to?

If implemented, this will be the final straw for me.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    So when is this supposed to take effect?

they said next update. maybe today or tomorrow based on previous updates
  • Zombie rework means nerf to zombie. I don’t see any reason to take zombie beyond G10.
  • Correct me if I’m wrong please but if ‘paper zombie teams will be unable to solo Nihilus in p4 of the HST’, how will ‘scores improve in p4’?
  • Immortal wrote: »
    Zombie rework means nerf to zombie. I don’t see any reason to take zombie beyond G10.

Not only a nerf to zombie but the entire faction and viable strategies in the raid. This doesn’t help ns in pvp against teams they couldn’t have defeated before it just makes them more annoying. This is a direct insult to the community and to our intelligence saying it was wai until it’s not working for the devs anymore.
  • Artery wrote: »
    Correct me if I’m wrong please but if ‘paper zombie teams will be unable to solo Nihilus in p4 of the HST’, how will ‘scores improve in p4’?

by gearing up Zombie of course :wink:
  • "P4"? Didn't you mean "Q4"? B)
  • I don't have a problem with the rework of zombie. The problem I have is that reworks are intended to make toons and teams more viable so we can decide if we want to invest in them or not. This is not a typical rework. I don't have the option to choose to invest in this "new" team, I already invested with the knowledge of how the team functioned. That functionality is now drastically changed.

The entire faction is now different than it was on release and initial rework from last year. With changes this substantial, I don't think it is unreasonable to offer a zeta refund for all NS toons. We should be the ones that decide if the changes are worth our investments or not.

• Summary:
    * They’re making the zombie worth at high gear only, and making sure to sneak a nerf or two while at it.
    * HSTR P4 runs are gonna be much much less, now that you can’t push bonds high without getting your zombie stuck at -100% speed (ie never taunting). Same thing they tried to do with limiting bonds to 20 earlier.
    * HSTR P3 runs are gonna be next to impossible to set up, now with zombie taking MT/Spirit/Initiate’s deaths.

Sneaky clever move CG ;-)
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Artery wrote: »
    Correct me if I’m wrong please but if ‘paper zombie teams will be unable to solo Nihilus in p4 of the HST’, how will ‘scores improve in p4’?

Nope they won’t improve. If you did good with a paper zombie you’ll do as good or (most likely) a lot worse. Expect your damage to be cut in half due to this and for the ns to still be useless in pvp
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    OK so.. Have devs thought of anyone doing the following...

After zombie has - 100speed. Use Thrawn to swap tm with zombie, and activate unbreakable will. Zombie would have 0 speed and be unkillable and the target of all attacks...

Yes they did. and they answered. The short answer is that won't happen. If you want the long answer its somewhere in this pile of comments

Ya I did see something about somewhere.... the excuss is that zombie will not move because it has 0 speed. BUT as I said you can feed zombie tm.
  • I find it nearly impossible to understand the mechanics fully, but does this mean that maybe a part 1 Thrawn (L), magma, Daka, DT (or even Acolyte I guess), Zombie run would work. I mean if Zombie gets the shield and -100 speed then you can just sit there and machine gun with Magma.

@CG_TopHat I think that giving health through Feed is a wasted opportunity. There are plenty of health up options on the NS team. Having it give back protection would have been nice.
  • I would have prefer something like a counter and a simple zeta:

Endless Horde:

Base level: Zombie can revive once (this revive cannot be prevented as long as it's not the last life)

level 2: 2 revives. All nightsisters gain 5% TM when zombie is ultimately defeated.
    level 3: 3 revives. All nightsisters gain 10% TM when zombie is ultimately defeated.
    level 4: 4 revives. All nightsisters gain 20% TM when zombie is ultimately defeated.
    level 5 : 5 revives. All nightsisters gain 30% TM when zombie is ultimately defeated.
    level 6 : 6 revives. All nightsisters gain 40% TM when zombie is ultimately defeated.
    level 7 : 7 revives. All nightsisters gain 50% TM when zombie is ultimately defeated.
    level 8 (Zeta): 8 revives. All nightsisters gain 100% turn meter , offense up and potency up when zombie is ultimately defeated.

You also destroy paper zombie with this and everybody can understand it.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    OK so.. Have devs thought of anyone doing the following...

After zombie has - 100speed. Use Thrawn to swap tm with zombie, and activate unbreakable will. Zombie would have 0 speed and be unkillable and the target of all attacks...

Yes they did. and they answered. The short answer is that won't happen. If you want the long answer its somewhere in this pile of comments

Ya I did see something about somewhere.... the excuss is that zombie will not move because it has 0 speed. BUT as I said you can feed zombie tm.

It's in the game mechanics that if a toon has 0 speed, they will never take a turn. The dev post about this was somewhere in the comments, but if you need proof, just look at what happens when you Thrawn TM swap a fractured toon.
  • Since the launch of sith raids you guys have been changing our investments almost every other month. St Han,resistance,NS. I’m so curious on how you did any testing of this raid before launch.
    Something you guys should have been playing for a long time before launching and in no time we discovered all the ways to beat your raid and in doing so you’ve been struggling to plug holes ever since.
    Please before you launch a ship raid please please please test it fully. You start nerfing ships and I’m asking iTunes for a full refund. I can’t stand all these nerfs to things I’ve spend real money on. Every nerf is a slap in the face of your fans time and money invested.
  • I don't know why everybody seems to be so up in arms and shocked about this. Demanding refunds and whatever. It's not like we haven't known about it since July...

pqaoi1tvcybs.jpg
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »

Nope they won’t improve. If you did good with a paper zombie you’ll do as good or (most likely) a lot worse. Expect your damage to be cut in half due to this and for the ns to still be useless in pvp

NS are not useless in PVP, they are great in TW and this update makes them tougher, on either Offense or Defense. It seems like most people commenting on this thread completely forget about all the other game modes that you can use NS. With this change the "zombie death cycle" in DSTB most likely won't happen. As with every other change we will need to learn and adapt to new strategies.
  • I don't know why everybody seems to be so up in arms and shocked about this. Demanding refunds and whatever. It's not like we haven't known about it since July...

pqaoi1tvcybs.jpg

What we didn't know was that it would end up effectively as a nerf.

Two fold.

One: Cause if we complained back in July people would have been called “haters” without having seen the changes.

Two: cause they stuck a Nerf inside the “fix” and no one could have anticipated a change to MT’s leadership.

pqaoi1tvcybs.jpg

We knew they were making a change to zombie but didn’t express what the change would be. The outrage would have been heard for the past two months if we knew about these changes then as they have made the entire faction and investment into them nullified in one move.
    I don't know why everybody seems to be so up in arms and shocked about this. Demanding refunds and whatever. It's not like we haven't known about it since July...

pqaoi1tvcybs.jpg

We knew they were making a change to zombie but didn’t express what the change would be. The outrage would have been heard for the past two months if we knew about these changes then as they have made the entire faction and investment into them nullified in one move.

bit of an overstatement, you haven't used them yet
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Chewy88 wrote: »

NS are not useless in PVP, they are great in TW and this update makes them tougher, on either Offense or Defense. It seems like most people commenting on this thread completely forget about all the other game modes that you can use NS. With this change the "zombie death cycle" in DSTB most likely won't happen. As with every other change we will need to learn and adapt to new strategies.

Ok I’m sorry they’ll maintain their usefulness in tw but will not have viability in arena. And they won’t be any better in tw than they were before. This is a nerf plain and simple. Just because it keeps them the same in one part of the game being negatively effected I. The rest of the game qualifies it as a NERF and really one of the most pervasive nerfs the game has seen thus far.

Ok I’m sorry they’ll maintain their usefulness in tw but will not have viability in arena. And they won’t be any better in tw than they were before. This is a nerf plain and simple.

I disagree, I think they will be a harder team to deal with in TW. I think they will be better in DSTB. I'm sure someone will figure out how to use MT/Zombie in Arena.
  • Why are there so many people defending the ns cheese?

Tbh, i think the only people who are defending it are people with bad rosters who were cheesing their way to the top of hstr.

Most people who understand the game mechanics are loving this update, and absolutely hate the p3 team. (So much so that they have vowed to never use that cheesy team).

I'll say it again, great work CG. Love the update. I have all the resources for the cheese p3 team, but will never use it. Ever.

Ok I’m sorry they’ll maintain their usefulness in tw but will not have viability in arena. And they won’t be any better in tw than they were before. This is a nerf plain and simple.

I disagree, I think they will be a harder team to deal with in TW. I think they will be better in DSTB. I'm sure someone will figure out how to use MT/Zombie in Arena.

You can use them effectively in all these areas as is though so why say it changes them for the better. This isn’t an improvement in any of these areas it’s is either status quo or a dramatic downgrade. I can three star all of dstb with my current ns team and I get at least 2 defenses every time in tw. How is this mechanic and nerf going to improve that? Answer it won’t. It’ll make them worse.
  • Quick note: We're not here to talk about agendas, SJWs, politics, or anything of that nature. I've removed a post for this reason.
  • Why are there so many people defending the ns cheese?

Tbh, i think the only people who are defending it are people with bad rosters who were cheesing their way to the top of hstr.

Most people who understand the game mechanics are loving this update, and absolutely hate the p3 team. (So much so that they have vowed to never use that cheesy team).

I'll say it again, great work CG. Love the update. I have all the resources for the cheese p3 team, but will never use it. Ever.

I agree with everything you said. This is a big Buff to the NS team, not a nerf. The P3 team was a cheap gimmick to begin with. Scores in P4 will be the same if not higher. Brings NS back into the Meta in arena. Good luck dealing with this team in TW. Imperial Troopers no longer wipes them out.

You are missing the bottom line..... People invested in this team solely for the fact that they did good damage in the Sith raid.... The raid predates the announcement that they were going to look at making changes by several months.... People invested in something and they will no longer be getting the same return on their investments..

Not to mention, the toon will now.need further investment.... as if having to up her gear now.to make her viable isn't enough, there is now a.nrw skill that is going to require purple mats, omegas and credits to use.... It's absolutely ridiculous....