Nightsister Zombie Rework: Begone Paper, Hello Fat [MEGA]

Replies

• StarSon wrote: »
    Get outta here. The Zombie rework looks amazing..................Some people will complain about anything.

agreed!
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    So you're all saying that without the cheese you would never have invested in NS at all, despite this being a completionist game? And you're angry because they restored the completionist aspect to Zombie and made the game what it was supposed to be in the first place?

So you have a g12 cup? This isn’t a completionist game it’s strategy game and a resource management game. Those resources would have gone to a better faction if we knew months ago when the raid launched that this would happen.

I invested in Jawas and Droids for HAAT. Should I know demand a refund because there are better teams now? And you don't know that NS won't be good anymore. I'm sure they will still excel in P4 of STR

Did they nerf the hell out of your droids when they found out they did well?

just remember you are complaining because your g6 zombie is not good anymore.

It's not about whether a G6 zombie is good anymore, did you even read through this thread?

People invested in this whole team based off existing mechanics and raid scores..... People put time, effort and.money into getting this team up there.... They could have done many things to incentivize gearing zombie without changing base mechankcs, but instead they not only made gearing a necessity, they also added an ability that will require even more resources (purples and omegas) to make the toon viable and, to add insult to injury, they locked the ability behind a gear wall higher than any other gear wall in the game.....

that's the state of the game. The gear to get zombie to g10 is not hard to find or difficult to farm except for the Mk6 nubian disks(raid reward). But as I said earlier NS geared up are great for other aspects of the game not just STR. The incentive could be NS scores increase with this change to zombie and make it easier to get top 10 for g12+ gear or Traya shards.

Ok.... You are hung up on the gearing thing.... Let me.make this clear, I have no issue with gear being required to make her better (although a team of designers for one of the top gaming companies in the world should have made her that way at the start).....

Here is what I take issue with:

1- The mechanics of the toon I invested in have completely changed, this is not the toon I put my time, money and effort into.... Remember, zombie is on a 20 energy farm....

2- The introduction of a new ability requiring me to have to further invest purples and omegas into this toon just to make her almost as good as before.... I was ok with the BH contracts because they made the toons better, this ability does not....

3- The neutering of zetas on toons that accompany her....

4- The fact that all of this nerfing and junk is done to satisfy a raid the majority of the player base despises...

5- The fact that they can nerf a toon like this or acolyte so quickly, yet still haven't fixed the broken random mechanics of the raid itself.....
  • If chewie and the sith raid update are incoming in the day day or so, I'd say that qualifies as exciting. And the Zombie rework megathread is filled with lots of exciting posts, too, though maybe not in the usual sense of the word ;)
    I'll give the rework a try before commenting fully, but it seems like teams with sub-g10 zombies will retreating a lot due to rng with getting zombie stuck at 0 speed.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    IceHawk117 wrote: »
    I have had two posts deleted on this thread. Having myself been a senior forum moderator for another EA game, it would be nice if I knew what standards I am violating.

If you are editing it alot it tends to disappear

If you edit too much it goes in a que for inspection and release, you can message a moderator and they will do so providing it breaks no rules with it's content etc..
  • JerryHello wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat

I'm a little confused. Why is Daka's zeta the only one getting refunded when two of the other nightsister zeta abilities also revolve around units dying and getting revived? Why not just refund the zetas for all 3 of these abilities and let people place them where they see fit, since this change impacts those abilities and since a lot of players specifically used zetas on these characters based on the old zombie mechanics and Sith raid strategy?

Because they promised a refund when when the bonds of weakness was put it which hurt Daka more than anyone else. It made her zeta almost useless in the raid. They since reverted that change, but agreed to keep the refund since they already promised it. If it wasn’t for that they probably wouldn’t be refunding even Dhaka’s.
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Those resources would have gone to a better faction if we knew months ago when the raid launched that this would happen.

Alright then, name a better faction than the new NS that you haven't already worked on.

The bh would have gotten the gear I put on asaj talzin and Daka

I doubt it, the BH rework hadn't been done at that point. Also curious which videos of updated NS game play you have watched that show the faction completely nerfed?

You don't need a video if you are familiar with them, the finite is in the Over worded, lengthy to a distraction of a Kit Description.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    I think a lot of people complaining about P3 of HSTR are being a little bit disingenuous on the timeline here. The Paper Zombie nerf was announced back in July (they all but called it a nerf, clearly indicating she would be less useful in a lower geared state), but the "Death Storm" team was made popular in early to mid-August. Anyone complaining about gearing up NS for P3 only to be enraged by the change to the mechanic isn't being honest with themselves.

As for P4. Maybe we should wait and see a little bit. I personally think that the updates to her, including the multiple revives are going to turn NS into an unpleasant experience in PvP, as it's much more challenging to avoid starting the revive train. We shall see.

NS still seem like a quality faction for a lot of game modes, just might require a little more gear and a little more thought. There are not a lot of viable heroic tier toons at gear 10, she might be the first.

Are you aware that the p3 mechanic works with a fat zombie? Here's the display
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmOxdYaRZfw

Not everyone runs paper zombie. That doesn't change the fact that this sucks & is very drastic
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    These arguments are getting circular now, can we just agree to disagree for the moment and start at Speed 0 again?

Nope I have no interest in dropping this I will become the biggest ear worm for cg and ea until this is corrected and reversed

Only if they are rolled back to marquee status except Talia, & entirety of investments return to use on another faction. Including laborious shards for the entire team! I mean this is on them & there information that they gave us. Seriously
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    Deedlit wrote: »
    They should refund the gears too. Curious as to why no one mentioned how Talzin lead is **** now with the zombie nerf..

Fair enough. But first you have to return all the rewards you've gotten from using those characters.

Not even close! They have been farmed through the extenuating & exhausting grind of this game! Specifically MT any and all rewards are earned! What about the damage that JTR is able to apply, & all of the rewards from her. They nerfed her once already. This is simply not good buisness & every single thing should be returned. Roll them back to Marquee. You don't pull this garbage after a year.

the issue with Expose has been known since Finn got his zeta. They updated it and people adapted their strategy and I see plenty of 5-6 million P1 runs. The same thing is going to happen with NS. People will adapt and put up the same damage. It will just require a different strategy.

Ha! That wasnt a year later. What the heck is wrlng with you? You like your hard work being torn from you? I took the advice of the administrators of the game, so now I play the game wrong? Why dont rework other toons? The simple fact is that Xombie is the key to 5 different Zetas that no longer are viable. So go eat crow & let us work this out if you dont want to help this portion of the community
  • My co-worker, who doesn’t even play this game had a suggestion. Go ahead and do your changes to zombie, but add a 2nd zombie to the game. Let’s call her zombie b. Make her mutually exclusive with zombie a. Zombie a is your fat zombie while zombie b is a rework of paper zombie. At G12, she has high damage and speed, but low health. Add her shards someplace easier to farm; not a single hard node.
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    I think a lot of people complaining about P3 of HSTR are being a little bit disingenuous on the timeline here. The Paper Zombie nerf was announced back in July (they all but called it a nerf, clearly indicating she would be less useful in a lower geared state), but the "Death Storm" team was made popular in early to mid-August. Anyone complaining about gearing up NS for P3 only to be enraged by the change to the mechanic isn't being honest with themselves.

As for P4. Maybe we should wait and see a little bit. I personally think that the updates to her, including the multiple revives are going to turn NS into an unpleasant experience in PvP, as it's much more challenging to avoid starting the revive train. We shall see.

NS still seem like a quality faction for a lot of game modes, just might require a little more gear and a little more thought. There are not a lot of viable heroic tier toons at gear 10, she might be the first.

Are you aware that the p3 mechanic works with a fat zombie? Here's the display
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmOxdYaRZfw

Not everyone runs paper zombie. That doesn't change the fact that this sucks & is very drastic

I'm waiting to see how this impacts overall team efficacy on both p3&p4. I'm inclined to say (and did say) it's a nerf but not so sure anymore.

• While I intend to keep my Nightsister zetas where they are...I know several people that zeta'd the Talzin leadership strictly for Heroic Sith phase 3, and they are very unhappy with the rework.

I've also seen a lot of people complaining about wanting Ventress zetas back as well.

Would it be unreasonable to just refund all Nightsister zetas? Due to the significant change to Zombie's kit, there may be players who don't want to play the new squad at all.
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    They should refund the gears too. Curious as to why no one mentioned how Talzin lead is **** now with the zombie nerf..

Fair enough. But first you have to return all the rewards you've gotten from using those characters.

Not even close! They have been farmed through the extenuating & exhausting grind of this game! Specifically MT any and all rewards are earned! What about the damage that JTR is able to apply, & all of the rewards from her. They nerfed her once already. This is simply not good buisness & every single thing should be returned. Roll them back to Marquee. You don't pull this garbage after a year.

the issue with Expose has been known since Finn got his zeta. They updated it and people adapted their strategy and I see plenty of 5-6 million P1 runs. The same thing is going to happen with NS. People will adapt and put up the same damage. It will just require a different strategy.

Ha! That wasnt a year later. What the heck is wrlng with you? You like your hard work being torn from you? I took the advice of the administrators of the game, so now I play the game wrong? Why dont rework other toons? The simple fact is that Xombie is the key to 5 different Zetas that no longer are viable. So go eat crow & let us work this out if you dont want to help this portion of the community

nothing is going to change, all your complaining is not going to fix anything. Are you going to apologize when the updated abilities actually work well, once people figure them out? People have been doing just fine in STR since the Acolyte "nerf" All I have been suggesting the whole time is you need to give the changes a chance. You might be surprised with the results.

nothing is going to change, all your complaining is not going to fix anything. Are you going to apologize when the updated abilities actually work well, once people figure them out? People have been doing just fine in STR since the Acolyte "nerf" All I have been suggesting the whole time is you need to give the changes a chance. You might be surprised with the results.

Things do change when we make our voices heard. Acolyte was a loop zombie in any for was never and is never going to be a loop. That’s why these changes aren’t appreciated or welcomed. It is destroying an investment a lot in the community made and the devs are not respecting that investment.
  • Dragz12
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @CG_TopHat is it possible for me to get a refund on all my NS gear and zetas? Talzin, Asajj, and Daka? I'd rather have the zetas to use elsewhere and wouldn't have upgraded them knowing this. That way I can make an "informed decision". I think that's only fair

Things do change when we make our voices heard. Acolyte was a loop zombie in any for was never and is never going to be a loop. That’s why these changes aren’t appreciated or welcomed. It is destroying an investment a lot in the community made and the devs are not respecting that investment.

It's not destroying an investment. and I think the time they spent trying to fix paper zombie shows they respect the investment. And everyone seems to forget that there are a lot of other game modes beyond STR
    So you're all saying that without the cheese you would never have invested in NS at all, despite this being a completionist game? And you're angry because they restored the completionist aspect to Zombie and made the game what it was supposed to be in the first place?

So you have a g12 cup? This isn’t a completionist game it’s strategy game and a resource management game. Those resources would have gone to a better faction if we knew months ago when the raid launched that this would happen.

I have a gear 12 CUP. Best character in the game. Even gave him some g12+ love.

This guy gets it!!!!

It's not destroying an investment. and I think the time they spent trying to fix paper zombie shows they respect the investment. And everyone seems to forget that there are a lot of other game modes beyond STR

Yes there are other places and this nerf won’t make them better in 99% of those areas. They may be a bit better in arena or tw but only slightly as they were viable before and in any pve area they will be worse especially the raid where most people invested in this team for.

This guy gets it!!!!

And that’s nuts he must have a hell of a lot of unused resources or just did it to say eff the world and watch it burn.

This guy gets it!!!!

And that’s nuts he must have a hell of a lot of unused resources or just did it to say eff the world and watch it burn.

Why not both? I'm just waiting for @CG_TopHat to give CUP some zeta love, so I can have the last laugh.

Yes there are other places and this nerf won’t make them better in 99% of those areas. They may be a bit better in arena or tw but only slightly as they were viable before and in any pve area they will be worse especially the raid where most people invested in this team for.

looking at your roster you really haven't invested that much in NS. So it seems you are more upset that you can't use cheese to achieve higher scores in STR.
  • Warning this now Fake news. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3taGLnxFKHU
  • Timing is good, release bad info and let them rant for 24 hours, then distract them with a chewy, and for god sake make them all think they have a chance to get said wookie by letting them think they can use any BH, that will passify them, job done.

The problem is i think you really under estimate the dislike for the Sith raid, and how many people have hard node farmed Talzine and Zombie just for P3, i never had them, but spent a long time farming them just for this raid (they get used for TW offence and raid only), we might be chewing through heroic faster than you would like, but artificially slowing us down like this is a breach of trust, my time has not been invested wisely.

I do wonder if i should bother to invest my time in any other team in this game, i guess i will have to see if this is a plain old sith raid nerf, remember lots of us only farmed them for the raid, no trust = no point.
  • Timing is good, release bad info and let them rant for 24 hours, then distract them with a chewy, and for god sake make them all think they have a chance to get said wookie by letting them think they can use any BH, that will passify them, job done.

The problem is i think you really under estimate the dislike for the Sith raid, and how many people have hard node farmed Talzine and Zombie just for P3, i never had them, but spent a long time farming them just for this raid (they get used for TW offence and raid only), we might be chewing through heroic faster than you would like, but artificially slowing us down like this is a breach of trust, my time has not been invested wisely.

I do wonder if i should bother to invest my time in any other team in this game, i guess i will have to see if this is a plain old sith raid nerf, remember lots of us only farmed them for the raid, no trust = no point.

Thats the Point
  • Deum_Alisi1
    117 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I wonder if the cheese **** who keep saying this isn't a nerf will be man enough to admit they were wrong once it's released? I know I will if I am and it isn't. I'm always willing to admit I was wrong about something not being a nerf. So far I haven't had to apologise once.
  • I wonder if the cheese **** who keep saying this isn't a nerf will be man enough to admit they were wrong once it's released? I know I will if I am and it isn't. I'm always willing to admit I was wrong about something not being a nerf. So far I haven't had to apologise once.

I'm willing to admit i'm wrong, if it turns out that way. But I suspect it will take a week or 2 for the game changers/hardcore NS folks to figure out how to change the strategy to make the new team work.
  • Update goes live in about 15 mins
  • WOW. Just came on a few minutes ago and there were 205 comments from when I last checked THIS MORNING!! You guys need to calm down a bit and just wait for the rework to happen and try it instead of blowing up a chat with either positive or negative comments.