Zombie change is great!

I can’t just post being critical always without posting a “good job” post. I think this change maintains the zombie mechanic we Iove while alleviating the paper zombie issue that aggravates a ton of players who invested in the character and felt penalized. The text is long but not hard to understand so well done guys and gals, well done! :D

Doubtless not everyone will feel that way but as someone with massive NS investment and even a Zinitiate... xD... I like it!

Replies

• I wish I could agree. But after reading the post, I was left wondering what just happened in the five minutes that I took reading it. I was left scratching my head after reading the post. Whether it was from confusion or a previous bug bite, I don't know. But I don't exactly agree with your point that the new update, "maintains the zombie mechanic we Iove." I spent a lot of time not investing in Zombie for the HSR (in terms of gear to be precise), but now they flipped everything around and now they force us to gear her up for to actually be good. I suppose I'll have to settle for the Flamin' Hot Greedo setup. Oh, well.
  • I wish I could agree. But after reading the post, I was left wondering what just happened in the five minutes that I took reading it. I was left scratching my head after reading the post. Whether it was from confusion or a previous bug bite, I don't know. But I don't exactly agree with your point that the new update, "maintains the zombie mechanic we Iove." I spent a lot of time not investing in Zombie for the HSR (in terms of gear to be precise), but now they flipped everything around and now they force us to gear her up for to actually be good. I suppose I'll have to settle for the Flamin' Hot Greedo setup. Oh, well.

The fact that people could score so high with a paper zombie is proof the toons mechanics were broken. Try reading through it again. Monster zombie like I built before HSTR came out is no longer detrimental to me as it once was. I don’t like the idea that getting high raid scores relies on some cheesed mechanic. Try reading it again before saying you disagree or just clarify you simply disagree because you rather just cheese it. That’s fine either way of course, we have our own opinions. I just like actual sensible mechanics and not cheese that they obviously didn’t intend, hence the rework.
  • Great rework, agreed! :D
  • In any game, not investing at all in something leaving you much better off than investing in it is self-deteating. It may not seem like an exploit, but it is one. Thank you for fixing this. Otherwise people would claim it is a great idea to make a faction of 1 very strong toon that gains protection, attack and defense up on allies death and 4 permanently reviving teaam mates (revive as long as at least 1 ally is alive) that add stacks on +10% (unlimited) on revival to the 1 strong teammate. Result: infinite loop guaranteed. If anybody believes that is a good idea, I can only shrug and walk off smiling.
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    In any game, not investing at all in something leaving you much better off than investing in it is self-deteating. It may not seem like an exploit, but it is one.

How is it an exploit, when CG never considered it an exploit, but instead a valid strategy?

• Waqui wrote: »
    Altazarus wrote: »
    In any game, not investing at all in something leaving you much better off than investing in it is self-deteating. It may not seem like an exploit, but it is one.

How is it an exploit, when CG never considered it an exploit, but instead a valid strategy?

They always considered it an exploit, but a 'novel' enough one that they let people have fun with it for awhile.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Altazarus wrote: »

They always considered it an exploit, but a 'novel' enough one that they let people have fun with it for awhile.

indeed and that was the real mistake, letting people get away with it for so long. they have at least admitted as much.
  • Couldn't agree more with this thread. An inverse correlation between gear and squad performance makes no sense. People claiming it is "strategy" always struck me as those that don't have a viable P3 team. I will miss paper zombie getting blown up by AoEs in arena however, and part of me fears what is to come next with PvP sisters.