Gear Crunch due to all the new characters!

Guys we get it, this game is a business and you want to make money and that's understandable but at the same time you can't keep adding to much stuff in the game and expect players to only be able to play a quarter of that.

This has been the most productive year in terms of content and we have alot of stuff to work on. Let's see what's happened in the last year in terms of content and characters required:

First we got TB and that requires specific squads like R1, Phoenix, Bounty Hunters and Imperial troopers. Luckily alot of those missions are fairly easy, meaning you can get away with lightly gearing some of these squads. Still you have to use quite a bit of raid gear to be able to max out CMs and some SMs using these squads but no g12 luckily required. Then we get TW and that is a roster stretch. Having 2-3 maxed teams won't really cut it if you want to be in a decent guild that is, so that pushes it. Parallel to that we have meta shifts from CLS to RJT and Nightsisters which in a way forces players to go and gear these squads also.

A few months down the road, dark side content comes and we get some more important characters like Sion and Traya, we also get Visas Marr who is not a requirement but if you want to compete in Sith raid scores you kind of have to have her.

Which brings me up to my next point, after TW/TB you kind of squeezed top players from all guilds to merge into super guilds to maximize their TW/TB rewards which means increasing raid competition. Most people's average raid ranks were lowered as a result which overcompensates for the increase in TB/TW rewards. That's definitely a choice that falls on the player and not the developers but then again when I look at my top 40 in arena and I see 30 Trayas I can't really call it a choice!

Then you release Solo scoundrels and new bounty hunters followed by a bunch of much needed reworks. All that content is great and we appreciate it but having so many things to gear, gearing all these extra characters becomes a distant dream for most of us! In addition fleet 2.0 shifts the balance on fleet! New capital ships become viable although Chimaera is still relevant, but now we have to consider gearing geonosians. I still haven't touched mine and I'm telling you it's already looking bad. Geo damage is out of this world which some times makes me lose on offense.

Now you add bounty Hunter ships which look great! They seem to be incredibly overpowered and with the new mechanic, "breeched" it seems like the meta could shift once more as soon as we can farm all these ships. And of course we all know that Christmas is going to be a time for more content/characters and that's just a couple months away.

I can't really complain too much about my gear aquisition rate, it's better than I had predicted but with all the characters and pilots we have to gear now I feel like it's getting overwhelming.

I would very much like to have ways of obtaining more stun guns and carbantis, they seem to be the biggest problem right now, I have a proposition but I'll post it on a different thread.

Replies