Zombie rework

After taking time to read the descriptions and watch gameplay, I think this rework is really bad. It changes the whole dynamic of the team , and severely tampers with the usefulness of most of the zetas. Since those zetas were farmed and selected with a totally different strategy in mind, I think all NS zetas should be refunded not just Daka's in order for players to adjust to completely new circumstances regarding NS. What are your thoughts on the new strategy?

Replies

• Slight effects? Yea just wait till you see the difference in damage this team does in the STR. And who are you to say what's proper or not? Almost all of the zetas are based on this unit dying over and over which is what an endless horde does.
  • Bottom line I just spent months and money building this team specifically for the paper zombie strategy and now they just decided to end it. I at the very least deserve to get my zetas back.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Id like my talzin lead zeta back too
    For the same reasons really, nightsisters have been changed several times now (after my zeta)
    I made a thread on this too
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Paper zombie was obviously not intended. It was a broken cheese mechanic (that I have abused a lot) that needed to be fixed.

And it is absolutely not required to make NS good. Aasajj does just fine in Tank and TB without a single other NS on her team.

I imagine people will find new ways to use NS. It will be fine.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    At least let us move zetas within the nightsister team itself
    Then it will be fine

Heck even allowing us to move ONE nightsister zeta would be better than nothing
  • So I've looked at that post , and thought again. And I still believe all NS zetas should be refunded.

He says, any calls for zeta refunds are premature, and immature.

"SO please, don't make any posts demanding refunds, it's uncalled for, and quite frankly, immature when this rework is good for virtually everyone."

Yet earlier in the post goes way out of his way to say the Talzin lead is totally nerfed.

"I want everyone to understand this here and now, Talzin lead will be almost useless in arena after the patch,"

The Talzin lead strategy promotes the spending of at least two zetas on her alone. Not to mention the others you would probably want to get to buff this strategy. Most arena NS teams use Talzin leads. So its "immature" of a player who spent time, and recources to develop a NS team around the most popular NS strategy to want their zetas refunded??? Especially since the new patch renders talzin's lead "useless". And just talking about a zeta here, I'm not going to go into all of the literal cash I spent on these characters with a specific purpose in mind. That's actually what I'm extremely **** about! But to not even refund the zetas and give the players time to assess their new options is freaking ridiculous!!!
  • @VonZant : I've heard many people so far say " oh this was fixing a cheesed character, or this is not how it was intended to be used" Regardles of how you felt about the strategy, the people who think this patch was made to stop cheese, and restore fairness to pvp play, are suckers. The ONLY reason they did this was to increase the difficulty of the heroic sith raid, and sell a new pack.
  • Anand on top of all that the zombie doesnt even work correctly. Just tried to use her, she survived three attacks and launched two and gain no speed, then perma-died. Ridiculous
  • So apart from the salt, does anyone have actual experience on Hstr p3 with Talzin lead after the change?
  • The client restard with Zombie's update happened just before p4 of HSTR so I geared her to 10 and leveled her new unique.
    I did more damage than before : her heal feeds TM to all and even when she is at 0 speed Assaj lead gives her TM so she can still act.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    No_Try wrote: »
    So apart from the salt, does anyone have actual experience on Hstr p3 with Talzin lead after the change?

Yes. In short - Talzin lead zeta as well as Daka zeta should be refunded. The team is complete garbage in p3 now. Prior to the rework with good rng you could set everything up with 13 turns left to hit Traya. Now if you're the luckiest person in the game you MIGHT set everything up with only 10 turns left. Also prior to this rework I could get everything running in 5-6 tries. Right now I'm on #34 and still nothing.

Keep in mind - my Zombie is g11.
  • I am not a fan. But whatever it's normal, nerf something good, sell more packs, DGAF about Mace or Grevious, it's all normal. At least Ventress is a monster in the tank raid!
  • Refund all zetas. NS was wai until they could not restrict damage inHSR.

So you are fine if you bought a super fast jetski and then they changed it to a jetbike?

This is complete bait and switch.

I dont have any zetas on NS but come on....if you cannot see the rediculous ness of this. After years of asking if it is wai and they say yes....then when in their interest its just something you are supposed to accept...

5 zetas is 3 months work for most people and way more than that if ns was your first team.

Refund all zetas
  • I am pretty disappointed that they intentionally made a leader Zeta useless. Even worse, I zeta'd MT about a week ago, and haven't even had a chance to really use it. I do hope I get a refund so I can move it to Asajj's leader, since that seems to be the only viable choice for a full NS team now. Or am I missing something?
  • Payne
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    ALL the Night Sisters need a NERF. AGAIN AND AGAIN. Ridiculous how hard they are!!! Like unnecessarily HARD.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Paper zombie was obviously not intended. It was a broken cheese mechanic (that I have abused a lot) that needed to be fixed.

It may not have been foreseen, but it was accepted for 11 months before the zombie was reworked. It was even announced way back, that it was regarded as an interestibg strategy. Do you remember, how quickly unintended strategies in STR, which were based on various TM bonuses were changed? THAT was unintended. Those made a whole phase trivial. Paper zombie didn't.

Yes, paper zombie caused a lot if frustration in the arena, but that was only until players learned how to deal with it and until more METAs using AoE were introduced. I personally didn't have troopers until I needed them for DS TB. The EP / Vader rework further helped dealing with paper zombie.

A geared zombie was always better in STR p3, however, ironically a paper initiate / MT will help setting up a good run much easier.

• Fully geared NS team with Asajj lead vs MT lead post Zombie rework video. I for one love the change, it has made all the Traya teams a cake walk. Now seems to hold better on defense. My slowest toon on Asajj team is Asajj herself at 225 prebuffed, Zombie is 269.

https://swgoh.gg/p/267725337/characters/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_m91O4KizE
  • Asajj lead is vastly improved because u basically get the best things from talzin lead free
    Your p4 team is fine too

Talzin lead is what people are upset about, not only did u waste a zeta, u need to use another to switch to asajj lead
    Your only option with talzin was the p3 sacrifice team, thats nerfed now
    The dmg control tubers are claiming it only nerfs a few miliion but for the 1-2m dmg ppl u no longer have a team

All this is so obvious from the threads but u either dont get it or are just going around nyah nyah ing to troll
  • And the reason why people are upset is because its the entrenched repititive cycle were stuck in this game

Release toon, sell toon, let everyone else try and emulate, nerf toon
    Cash checks, rinse repeat

Over and over and over
  • I am pretty disappointed that they intentionally made a leader Zeta useless. Even worse, I zeta'd MT about a week ago, and haven't even had a chance to really use it. I do hope I get a refund so I can move it to Asajj's leader, since that seems to be the only viable choice for a full NS team now. Or am I missing something?

This