Is Jedi Training Rey worth the time?

Prev1
To all those who have JTR, is it worth it ?
I mean those Vets are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying to farm.... they are USELESS beside for having JTR and they are right now ruining my game... the drop rate is soooo bad and it cost sooo much I feel like i'm putting my game on pause for like a year because I cannot farm anything else beside those two useless maggot.... (using cantina energy that is)
I feel like I have to put all im doing on hold... yeah I can still farm using normal energy but I need the cantina energy to fill my teams so even if I can still farm with energy I cannot get some toons who can only be farmed with cantina... and well A nightsister team without the acolyte is not the same thing... so I can farm the rest of the nightsister but It will never be complete before I have the acolyte and since the acolyte is Cantina... well it;s waiting for those vets.....

So yeah basically those two vets are that close " " to making me quit the game because I feel like I cannot go around having JTR and having JTR make the games sucks **** for almost a year... at least six months....

So is JTR worth risking killing the game? (for me that is)

Replies

• Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Jtr is cool, but if you don't want to do the grind then dont
  • Use crystals to buy cantina refreshes, dramatically decreases the time needed to farm them. I got both in under 2 months. Still **** the fun out of the game but once its over its awesome.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    But think of all that Cantina Store currency you're earning!

(Currently in the same slog 51/85 Han, haven't started Chewie... Ugh)

And I know I'm missing the next JTR as even at 3x refreshes daily it's 30 days each.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    But think of all that Cantina Store currency you're earning!

(Currently in the same slog 51/85 Han, haven't started Chewie... Ugh)

And I know I'm missing the next JTR as even at 3x refreshes daily it's 30 days each.

I brought both up to 5*, then chewy to 6*, working on Han to 6*. I'll get both to 50/100 first in case the event drops I'll spend the money only if it gets them both 7* in time
  • Only if you want Traya.
  • Yes.

• JTR is worth it.

Vets get a bad rap because of the painful farm, but they are far from useless. Scoundrels are one of the better factions now, and the vets are both very good attackers and I use them in TW. As a pair, they offer some premiere control abilities (AOE speed down and ability block, 2 stuns, daze, stagger, and buff wipe).

I havent done it, but apparently because they gain bonuses without needing buffs, Vet Han is used on a Traya killing team.
  • She'll most likely be replaced in a few months by a new more powerful Heroes Journey character. So personally I don't see her as a good investment if you haven't already started the farming process for her.

You're probably better off trying to get ahead by farming characters that may be needed for the next Heroes Journey. Which yes, is a shot in the dark since we don't know who it is, but based on recent releases we can make some educated guesses as to who it may be (Jedi Luke, Revan or maybe a Solo character). If you've already invested into farming for her than yea definitely finish it off. But if not, I'm not sure it'll necessarily be worth it since she's already been out for about a year. Just my opinion though.
  • 1.) Rey is required for the sith raid and useful in territory battles, territory wars, and arena.

2.) the Vets are cantina farms. They’re easy to farm compared to Sabine, Shoretrooper, Mother Talzin, Bossk, Visas Marr, Darth Nihilus, and all the other characters on only one hard node. Hard node farms are the infuriating ones. Cantina farms are dramatically faster.
  • You gotta ask yourself... "Do I want Darth Traya?" If yes, then you MUST have JTR, because otherwise most guilds won't accept you without helping beating P1 on Heroic Sith Raid.

Not to mention Rey, BB8, R2 combined can do some nasty damage on other areas of the game.
  • If you dedicate 2-3 cantina refreshes a day and it won’t take too long. They also are smugglers, which means fewer solo toons required for that new event (I just used Zolo + vets for t3). JTR makes str bearable, and she’s still good in arena at offense against non-traya teams. I regularly beat EP-led teams with JTR, droids, solo and thrawn.
  • They should add Rey's Ach-To outfit, they added it to Battlefront 2. Would make it easier for those who don't have the time or money to spend on the game. That or make it where JTR is available outside of the event but for the same amount of shards needed to unlock her.
  • I'm assuming they're gonna bring out the next part of Rey's journey when Episode 9 drops so you'll probly need JTR to get the next version of her. Scav Rey is required to get JTR so it makes sense that JTR would be required to get her next journey character.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Looking forward to some new Resistance and FO toons.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Sure hope we get another useful resistance lead. Because Finn is ... Not.
  • Bgcarste wrote: »
    I'm assuming they're gonna bring out the next part of Rey's journey when Episode 9 drops so you'll probly need JTR to get the next version of her. Scav Rey is required to get JTR so it makes sense that JTR would be required to get her next journey character.

^^ My thoughts exactly.

Haven't made much progress with the vet farm though - and my FO toons aren't close to 7* for BB8. :|
    Been grinding for my Jedi in preparation for the next Yoda event >:)
  • JTR squad is good and the vets really aren't that bad if you gear them. They don't really have a solid place in any squad comp, but you can scrape together some rags for a cleanup squad.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Yes, she's worth it.

And now that Darth Malak has created a precedent for Mythic Battles - I wouldn't be surprised if Super Saiyan Jedi Rey requires the Vets to be at 17,500 power for her event. Lol.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Yes.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    No.

(Jk jk lol ;) )

Now seriously. Do you want to be in an HSTR guild? Do you want to do well in HSTR? Do you want to get better rewards? Do you want a leader (JTR) who on a resistance team can easily beat NS? Do you want a 7 star Traya? If you do, then your answer is yes. If you don't, then your answer is no. Plain and simple.

Edit: Just looked at the age of this thread. OP probably has JTR by now. Why revive the thread. lol :lol:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • ToLive
    106 posts Member
    Vets drop are quite good compared to Mission Vao. With 4 refreshes I got 13-17 chewie. With 5! refreshes I got 12-16 Mission. And no omega (got 4-5 when farming vets).
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    sem6po71v42m.gif
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    ToLive wrote: »
    Vets drop are quite good compared to Mission Vao. With 4 refreshes I got 13-17 chewie. With 5! refreshes I got 12-16 Mission. And no omega (got 4-5 when farming vets).

Mission has been torture for me.

What is it with reviving age old threads? It seems to be the new trend.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    sem6po71v42m.gif

Lol :joy:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The vets are good at stunning. Go ham on offense in TW or GA against someone's back wall. Something really weak.
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Do you want a leader (JTR) who on a resistance team can easily beat NS?

Whaaa?
    I specifically use my ns to kill jtr teams. They have no way of healing and come often, so all it takes to wipe them is 1 plague and be able to survive for 20 sec, thats it.
  • Basically, this entire game is a PHD student's dissertation experiment testing whether Android games can be used as a litmus test to determine if you have addiction disorder. 8f you spend 2 months farming Vets.... yes. If not, no.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The only reason everyone says the Vets are "useless" is because everyone gets them to gear 8 to get JTR, then shelves them forever. And hey, guess what, literally every character sucks at g8.

If you mod and gear them like you would anyone else, they do pretty well on a scoundrel team. Everyone gets CLS, but you don't see anyone moaning about how worthless Farmboy Luke and Princess Leia are. It's just one of those things that people repeat because they see everyone else saying it.

And yes, JTR may not be the New Hotness anymore but she's definitely still worth it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Regardless of the utility of the vets, JTR is the most useful PVE team right now (HSTR and HAAT) and one of the top 4 offensive TW teams (really only easily countered by NS or other top tier offensive teams).

Great toon, but hard farm.

If I were to start today, I would place her as equal importance to CLS and behind JKR from a farming perspective. The jury is still out on DR requirements. I'd be inclined to farm CLS and JTR prior to DR because of their relative ease and overall utility.