Update Notices

Thank you for putting update notices into the game to give your customers warnings of impending outages. It's nice to see you have finally adopted some basic IT change management best practices after 3 years.

Now how bout you adopt another basic IT change management best practice and move your update schedule to the time of least customer impact? There's a pretty solid set of time zones over the pacific ocean that would allow for an update to drop with minimal arena impact to the entire player base.

Replies

• Maybe they wanna update while they're in the office ?
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Maybe they wanna update while they're in the office ?

I'm sure my employees would like to do the same. That would be pretty crappy customer service though.

Sorry you can't order your parts, Bob, but Dave and Ted over there in IT didn't want to work late.

Point is, this is a pretty standard IT concept for any major company. The fact that EA is not following it is ludicrous.
  • No. They like to drop major updates on Friday evenings as the office closes and then have 2 days of clear time before they deal with fallout.

Critolyte announcement, anyone?
  • So we started a Sith Raid yesterday, I assume the raid changes do not apply till old raid is over, is this correct?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @Bronnie

According to them answering my same exact question it should update even if your Guild is mid-raid.
  • Thanks
  • Trying to confirm it in my Guild. We're on Sion in a T4 Raid right now. According to threads on these forums, his total health was +/- 73 million. With the 75% drop he should be down to 18,250,000.

Any attempt that does 2 million should reflect approximately a 10% drop but we're not seeing that.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Bronnie

According to them answering my same exact question it should update even if your Guild is mid-raid.

mechanics update, but the health pools will not until you launch raid again.