Bronzium data packs are junk!

Prev1
Diggles
1 posts Member
edited March 2016
I've gotten one good thing from a Bronze pack...Boba Fett.. Which was pretty cool. I closed the app and reopened it to make sure it really happened lol. But seriously, the items that come out of bronze packs are useless. They could at the very least make them more applicable to higher levels. I wouldn't even consider them to be useful for low levels. Am I the only one that feels this way??
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• So what do you want for free pack? purple gears and 4star characters all the time? then whats the purpose of having chromium packs? you think EA is santa? Think straight. wake up son.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    So what do you want for free pack? purple gears and 4star characters all the time? then whats the purpose of having chromium packs? you think EA is santa? Think straight. wake up son.

+1

@Diggles stop swearing.
    Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • So what do you want for free pack? purple gears and 4star characters all the time? then whats the purpose of having chromium packs? you think EA is santa? Think straight. wake up son.

Is that what I said I wanted? Go to sleep.

Cr_ap isn't a swear word ;) unless you 6
  • Edited the title to get rid of the **.
    If a word gets censored, especially in the title, try to use another word, as that is against TOS.
    Thanks,
    Welcome to the forum.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    May be at least something that you need... Occasional purple gear is not to much to ask for when you need 50-150 for one slot of one character... Having said that I get shards/characters A LOT... Although mostly crappy characters but still, pretty cool... Even got Ben once.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I get quite a bit of shards even though they're for useless toons.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    There's a reasonable middle ground. Who thinks 300 credits and gray gear is worth while? Just because it's free automatically means we can't expect the mechanic to be reasonable? Way to jump on the op and use hyperbole to claim he wants toons on every pull....

At the very least credits and gear should scale to level. It would not be unreasonable to expect something a little better. I've got 85k banked ally points cause it's not worth my time even just to click buy. I'd rather exit the app and come here. Even the Devs have stated they're not entirely happy with the existing system and are exploring ways to improve it.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    300 credits is an insult though
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Blam wrote: »
    300 credits is an insult though

+1 that is the part that needs to be fixed
  • Frankly, even if they keep the drop rates the way they are, and remove the low hanging fruit, things would improve immeasurably. I do get occasional shards, and once in a great while a toon, so it's not all bad.
  • unlike most people, i have gotten a ton of full characters since my january start. i would say over 10... including 2 4* toons. However, all of them are useless and i don't have use any of them.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    So you want money for nothing and shards for free? Then why would anybody pay for the game?
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    So you want money for nothing and shards for free? Then why would anybody pay for the game?

Nice reference ;)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »

Nice reference ;)

^
    ^
    Spotted the old timer!
  • Nonemo wrote: »

Nice reference ;)

^
    ^
    Spotted the old timer!

I'm only 22, I just know my stuff.
  • AlexofTrier
    15 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Last Week i got *** Lobot and this ** Magna Robot. Ocassionally uswful shards for Dooku, JG and i think early in the game i got a 3 or 4 star Datcha which was a real help.

But you are right, at a certain point in the game most of the bronzium rewards are ridiculous. They should at least somehow follow your progress in the game.
    Post edited by AlexofTrier on
  • Well, I agree. Nobody asks for Old Ben, or even full toons or even 10-20 shards for toons, but from time to time, just one purple gear would be nice ( i know that theoretically there is a chance to pull out purple stuff but that never happenned to me and I have opened around 650-700 packs) The things we pull out from the bronze CPs are grey parts that you obtain after any fight in amount of 3-4. So opening those packs isnt even worth this seconds needed to click the CP section. Just because its free, doesnt mean its super useful and we should be grateful. Its junk.

TL;DR We dont need full characters or sth like that in bronze CPs but one purple gear from time to time (for ex. 1 purple gear for 5 packs) would be nice.
  • Here's a tip for anyone who doesn't like the bronzium cards: don't open them.

If you dislike them so much then why are you opening them?

I don't like the quality of chromium cards, so I don't buy them. If you don't like Bronzium cards then don't open them.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    I wouldn't call them junk. Yestersay i opened bronzium cards worth 20.000 ally points and i got two full characters (which were translated into shards) and 9 different shards along with some useful gears. Yeah it's not always like that and a little rework would be appreciated (especially about credits) but it is still better than nothing.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member

Nice reference ;)

Is it wrong that I heard the Weird Al version in my head instead of Dire Straits?
  • It's free... In Holland we got a saying don't look an old monkey up the bum. No I just made that up. But seriously, free stuff why complain? I've got tons of shards, full purple gear (the one that requires 40 purple pieces) and multiple 4* heroes (boba, barris, poggle, ururur, mace) out of a bronzium.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    agreed. I get useless lvl 1 gear 99% of time. complete waste of time. the only usefull thing I pull are the training droids. I would say character shards (not the complete character) but I have hardly pulled any, maybe a dozen since I started.

I can understand character drop rate is low, however we should get increased drop rates
    - better gear - never had one purple, and maybe a handful of gear that was lvl 2+. this is absurd considering the countless amount of bronzium I have pulled
    - shard - it's just 1 character shard hardly gonna ruin EA/CG business model considering the vast amount of shards needed to get lvl 7 not to mention the amount of characters to farm. in the last week I got 1 shard and I open at least a dozen cards a day

may also think of adding crystals, energy refill and sim tickets packs (in various amounts with adjusted drop rates). at least something remotely usefull, afterall this is supposed to be a bonus reward after fighting 25 battles (13 w/ allies)

personally I have decided not to bother anymore, since I can't even trade in the ridiculous amount of utterly useless lvl1 gear I am storing

PS - I did get 1 character a long time ago in a galaxy far away - an ewok. it's free so I can't complain, but I don't even bother leveling or gearing this toon as he is underwhelming to say the least. TBH I don't bother with Chromium either, I have only got snowtrooper, Han, initiate, and some other useless characters, only exception was Ewok Elder :)
    Post edited by lunarwolf on
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I haven't even gotten anything as good as boba but I'm not complaining because it's FREE
  • My wife has got Mace/ Bariss/ Ahsoka/ 86 and so on while I got 300 credits, lol! It's not the game, it's your luck thats bad.
  • not purple gear but more than 300 credits and useless garbage would be nice even once in awhile
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    dwhfloyd wrote: »
    not purple gear but more than 300 credits and useless garbage would be nice even once in awhile

And people get nice stuff once in a while. I got a few characters from Bronzium packs, got a fair share of shards as well. Considering the fact they're FREE, how is that a problem? Even if you get 5x300 creds in a day, that's still a free 1500 credits. So why complain?
  • I think Bronziums are okay. See them as the occasional extra shard. And because I don't use the ally points until I have at least 5k of them a spending spree usually results in one or more shards.
  • I don't consider any toon or items useless.....my goal is to have fun and collect every toon....
    The only thing I see as useless is the currant setup of the arena.
    You can't impress anyone nor pick your enemies so to me this game is about collecting and building toons for your own enjoyment.
  • I've pulled mace windu twice, Royal guard probably another two times, and a nice piece of fully built purple gear once. That's pretty much it, out of hundreds of bronzium pulls since mid December. The fact that they advertise so much stuff available out of bronzium packs but I'll pull 300 credits twice in a row followed by three pieces of mk 1 gear is annoying.

I know that the developers are cheap and I know why they're cheap (so they can make more money) but at some point they need to realize that their cheapness is contributing to the lack of diversity in the game. I would love to level and star up some of the other characters that I have to try something different and see how well that team would perform but I can't justify doing that when I still need 300+ pieces of purple gear and 500+ of shards to max out my main five characters in order to keep my team competitive. Doing that will probably take me another two months and by then the level cap will be raised so I'll have to keep working on the main five in order to stay competitive and now we're back to where we started.

I'm not asking for free leia pulls everyday on the bronzium, but they should implement something else that allows me to make the grind easier while still thinking through strategy i.e. a tiered gear shop or something where we could trade extra xp gained after level 70 into shards. As it is right now the game is geared heavily towards people who spend thousands of dollars meaning that everyone else pretty much is left to play only the qui gonns, geo soldiers, sideous's, and Luminara's since those are the few characters who are easy to acquire and max up that we know will be good. There's no room for trying something new unless you're willing to spend a lot.