Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

  • Jaxom wrote: »
    caldera wrote: »
    Another thing is, there used to be a reward for passing up certain things in favor of targeting development of your roster in a certain area.

    One example of this is Hermit Yoda. To get him you had to pass up the opportunity in the short and medium term to bank a lot of gear, but there was a reward for it. To get Thrawn and Chimera, you had to spend a lot of time farming and gearing those silly Phoenix toons and ships you weren't ever going to use again just to get him. You gave up a lot of time and resources, but it was farmable and doable.

    But with this event, you could have been working up Bounty Hunters for a long time, diligently farming and gearing them - but unless you paid for the whale toons, surprise! Your chances are slim to none.

    Further, if Whalebacca is required for Jedi Luke as we all expect, you're actually being punished. Bounty Hunters never had anything to do with Luke's story in the films or in the Star Wars universe. Han's story, yeah. But for Luke, bounty hunters are totally unrelated. You could have been farming and gearing anyone related to Luke's story in the films to prepare for him, but now CG is effectively requiring a full squad of maxed-out bounty hunters, including whale toons, to paywall him, which you never could have anticipated.

    It would be a lot more honest if they just put a $99.99 admission price for the event (well, they might actually make less that way, but you know what I mean) or if they just sold Whalebacca and Jedi Luke etc. in the store.

    Then at least players would honestly know "the road ahead" instead of being stuck behind randomized roadblocks

    This^. Any whale who claims we should have been ready for this is a complete liar or they’re on the CG payroll. There is no precedent for this level of deception and money grab.

    Gotta say, I know of complete f2p that have 7* chewy, using bossk. The fact that people have prioritized other toons over BH since the rework is their prerogative, but they should understand that it's at the expense of getting chewy finished.

    Yes, the difficulty here was tougher, but as several have already pointed out, the game has been around for a while now, if they made this event as easy as say the palp legendary, it would allow for everyone to be able to unlock from day one. That's not how this game has ever worked. I would imagine the statistics would show a similar percentage of players unlocking and 7*ing chewy as had done palp back in the day.

    All that being said, I would have preferred if this event hadn't been so rng reliant, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

    Except these requirements are basically the same as for the top tiers of mythics, which are meant to be the elite challenge. Or do you think we have moved so far that those are the bread and butter these days?
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • OP Employee bucking for bonus
  • Jaxom wrote: »

    That's what I meant, I assume the percentages for each level are relatively similar.

    I think you'll be harder pressed to find folks with only 5 star bounty hunters unlocking Chewie at 5 stars than rebels/palp simply due to the games age. I only started playing last April so haven't gotten the BH up past 5 stars. Most who are unlocking Chewie have been playing for much longer or chose to get those BH up to 7 stars much quicker.
  • MrRedxZero wrote: »
    LE_DUC wrote: »
    LE_DUC wrote: »
    We didn't have any new legendary event since BB-8 which was one year ago (HJ doesn't count) and now that we finally have one, it's lame. Usually you can clear a legendary event (tier 7) with G8 toons, arena mods and good strategy. But this Chewie event is a cash grab/p2w/whale fiesta. Impossible to clear at tier 6 without new BH, or a zBossk G12 (which is still half F2P imo) because the gear requirements are **** and OG BH are too weak without Bossk (can't even trigger the contract, you get OS by Han( who can't be stunned and counters :D)). This is scandalous and you CG have to balance this horrible event with a hotfix asap.

    Gear 6 is possible i did it with this team with dengar g8 (i geared him after)... actually the key is dengar who prevent r2 invisibilitycmohclzynyrd.png

    I did Tier 6 with this team, but still i won't be able to complete Tier7, which is a shame imo.
    vctiucr0fl4f.png

    I don't believe it. U have 3+ on almost all their abilities that can still be upgraded. Which arent maxed? Whats turn order?
    Howd u survive the onslaught. What's stats on those BH mine are just as good besides my Boba is g12. Dengar g11, but greedo only g8.

    RNG...you need to keep trying and get the right mix of RNG. I recall having low geared Phoenix on the very frist Thrawn version, and took me about an hour of constant playing to beat it at 7* with g8 or so Phoenix without Sabine.

    It's a fallacy that you need all G12+ BHs to beat it. Having bossk 7* does help a lot, but really that's the ONLY farm-heavy toon that you need and there's still 7 days left in the event. Bossk / boba / Dengar / Greedo / Zam as a team work just fine. I've seen 7* beaten with mostly G11 team with replays.
  • 1 - Completely agree. The STR was recognized as a complete turkey almost as soon as it came out yet they took 8 months to fix most of the problems with it. It's like constantly applying Band-Aids without fixing the fact that someone is bleeding out from a major wound. Raid should have been suspended for a month, reworked, beta tested on a mix of whale/non-whale groups and re-released.

    2 - Agree again. They even admitted they messed up with too many marquees. At least they fixed the process with the excellent Jango Marquee.

    3 - This more than anything. Why is it 10x harder to unlock Legendary Chewie than it is JTR or CLS? Only character harder is Traya, but see #1? Even the STR was a wildly huge increase in difficulty over the HAAT raid. I guess we should have seen this coming.

    I used to plan around 60,000-65,000 squad power for Legendaries/Heroes Journeys. Omegas but no zetas. Gear 9 with ok mods, or mix of G8/G9 and great mods.

    Now it's amped up about 85-95k squad power with multiple zetas and potentially HSTR gear? No.
  • I have only 5 star Bossk, so tried Boba lead.
    Boba g12, Zam g11, Cad g11, IG88 g11, Dengar g9. I could get 6star but can’t 7star.
  • BREAKING NEWS: Arena teams drop on defense!!!

    Thanks, McMole.
  • Since the last update Bastillas character model has changed, her previous iteration was much closer to KOTOR model. So why oh why has she been made to look worse now? She looks like she is squeezing out a pooo ooo!36ud8hb77agv.png
  • The problem with most losses in this event isn't RNG although that still plays a big factor (losing a key toon early or getting an untimely ability block): it is a lack of a clear strategy. You can't expect to brute force your way in this event and tier VI actually suggests you work on turn meter control, giving you a worthwhile hint that I foolishly ignored until I took a step back and then tried a new strategy.

    What worked for me was taking out Lando first, then Chewie followed by Leia, Han and R2. Two unlucky missed shots by Zam cost me a star and a toon but in the end, I got my 7 star OG Chewie. A key element is eliminating stealth so Dengar is a must. I used zBossk lead with Boba, Cad Bane, Dengar and Zam. You need speed on Bossk and Boba along with some RnG luck. Remember you have 6 days for the event and you can always try, try again.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This is why all the rage posts need to go asap...here's a player using a very F2P friendly team (no Bossk, mostly G11). Great information to know...but all the unhappy snowflakes make helpful posts like the one below incredibly hard to find. The quickness with which gamers now turn to whining is incredible; seems it's all about the easy cheese. Why play a game if there's zero challenge to it?


    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1655103/#Comment_1655103


    Got him 7* without Bossk (mine is only6*) Boba (L) full G12 arena like mods, Dengar G11 almost full potency sets, Zam g11 full potency set, cad g11 full potency sets and greedo CD and CC set. Apart from boba none of these is super fast. If you want to know any specifics ask.
    Detailed Squad:
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/106259/
    https://swgoh.gg/u/corvus/
  • Beyol wrote: »
    love the event. I am f2p and though i dont have him yet, i will keep working for the week it is here. I have patience and not some kid screaming " give me now mommy.".

    Great spirit man !
    But I still think this is a Quarter End money grab ;-)

    Of course its a cash grab and i understand that. They are in it for the money no doubt. Im just sad to always see the same posters complaining every time about the new thing being either to hard or not what they want. Just trying to work through my head why most kids now want it free because they feel they have a right to it without any real work and frustration that goes with getting something that you want. With working for it there is a better feel of accomplishment at achieving your goal. if just given, it shines for the moment until the next shiney thing comes along. Some parents have failed their children in teaching them how things are done properly.
  • I have all 7 star BH with g12+3 and arena mods. Bossk L, Boba, IG, Dengar, Greedo. I get smoked every time I try. I lose a toon before I get a turn and can not get the BH contract to activate.

    I have been farming BH because I want to use them in arena and for once thought I was ready for a legendary event on day one.

    Pretty disappointed
  • andreacesa00
    257 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This event is too hard... It should be good on tier 7, but tier 5 is difficult too. I know that he suggests g11 BH (thrawn is beaten with g8,9 toons!) but this is crazy. that's not an event, that's a suicide. There are no comparison with the other events, and I think also that Thrawn still be the strongest toon received by event.
    I can't say what I am thinking...
    Do or don't there is no try
  • It took about 5 retries, but I beat it with this.
    cs2hri1qboc4.png

    Zam didn't do much either except take a few hits and die. Keys were Stun and some RNG.
    bh40p3pyz6e7.png
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    1 - Completely agree. The STR was recognized as a complete turkey almost as soon as it came out yet they took 8 months to fix most of the problems with it. It's like constantly applying Band-Aids without fixing the fact that someone is bleeding out from a major wound. Raid should have been suspended for a month, reworked, beta tested on a mix of whale/non-whale groups and re-released.

    2 - Agree again. They even admitted they messed up with too many marquees. At least they fixed the process with the excellent Jango Marquee.

    3 - This more than anything. Why is it 10x harder to unlock Legendary Chewie than it is JTR or CLS? Only character harder is Traya, but see #1? Even the STR was a wildly huge increase in difficulty over the HAAT raid. I guess we should have seen this coming.

    I used to plan around 60,000-65,000 squad power for Legendaries/Heroes Journeys. Omegas but no zetas. Gear 9 with ok mods, or mix of G8/G9 and great mods.

    Now it's amped up about 85-95k squad power with multiple zetas and potentially HSTR gear? No.

    I'm completely on the same page as you guys... I managed to get a 5* Chewie by moving mods around....

    The game has progressed with 6 dot mods available etc, but that is a fairly recent occurence... To release a legendary event this hard is ridiculous... Yes, they warned players it would be more difficult, but not to the extent that a crew that would normally get you. 7* legendary would struggle to even get 5*.... Way too much of a jump in difficulty here....
  • Beyol wrote: »
    Beyol wrote: »
    love the event. I am f2p and though i dont have him yet, i will keep working for the week it is here. I have patience and not some kid screaming " give me now mommy.".

    Great spirit man !
    But I still think this is a Quarter End money grab ;-)

    Of course its a cash grab and i understand that. They are in it for the money no doubt. Im just sad to always see the same posters complaining every time about the new thing being either to hard or not what they want. Just trying to work through my head why most kids now want it free because they feel they have a right to it without any real work and frustration that goes with getting something that you want. With working for it there is a better feel of accomplishment at achieving your goal. if just given, it shines for the moment until the next shiney thing comes along. Some parents have failed their children in teaching them how things are done properly.

    This is a game. I prefer my games not being all about hard work and frustration, real life gives me enough of that...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • My cad is still pretty weak. I’ve got a good boba and a great boskk but the rest still need work.
  • never mind got him 7 stars lol 7 star BH with g12+3 and arena mods. Bossk L, Boba, IG, Dengar, Greedo

    stunned han and chew every chance I got
  • I beat tier 6 with G12 boba lead, g12 dengar, g12 greedo, g12 IG88 and gear 8 Zam. Might have been good RNG but it didnt seem overly difficult. Tier 7 however squashes me without much trouble. I don't have any bounty hunters zeta'd though so that might be why
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Moderator
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »

    That's what I meant, I assume the percentages for each level are relatively similar.

    I think you'll be harder pressed to find folks with only 5 star bounty hunters unlocking Chewie at 5 stars than rebels/palp simply due to the games age. I only started playing last April so haven't gotten the BH up past 5 stars. Most who are unlocking Chewie have been playing for much longer or chose to get those BH up to 7 stars much quicker.

    That's a fair point, might be similar percentages of unlocks, but maybe not relative to stars on BH. Good call.
  • The stuns from Cad were clutch. Definitely saved me.
  • meh, i like my events difficult. First time unlocks/7*-ing should be special. BH were already required for DSTB, so it's not like there was no reason to invest in them prior to this legendary event. If the event was do-able with the original bounty hunters at g11, it wouldn't be that special, it would just be a hand out. Obviously this is just one guy's opinion.
    As for the sith raid, i don't particulary enjoy it. I don't enjoy raids in general to be honest, after being able to clear it the first time it becomes a grind real quick. I do like farming specific teams to do good damage though, making choices that actually have consequenses is one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game for me. Same goes for the speculation part of the legendary events, it's an awesome feeling when you're able to grab that 7* legendary the first go around due to carefull planning.
    I'm currently stuck on tier7 of the chewy event, hopefully i'll be able to get him once i 7* bossk (screwed up and put the farm on pauze to farm range trooper...). I've got a 7* traya already. I'm only mentioning that so you can see where i'm comming from with this comment.
    Obviously these legendary events aren't "fun" for new/new-ish players. The feeling that you're constandly playing catch-up can be very frustrating, especially if you're still working on the vets for example when this event dropped. Unfortunately you can't make this type of event challenging for players who've been playing this game for close to 3 years, yet accesible for players who've only been playing for a year orso (without spending loads).
    That said, the level of difficulty took me by suprise. I'm however still leaning towards "hard, but fun because it's doable". I'm willing to accept "only" getting a 6* chewy because i didn't make the "right" choices.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    1 - Completely agree. The STR was recognized as a complete turkey almost as soon as it came out yet they took 8 months to fix most of the problems with it. It's like constantly applying Band-Aids without fixing the fact that someone is bleeding out from a major wound. Raid should have been suspended for a month, reworked, beta tested on a mix of whale/non-whale groups and re-released.

    2 - Agree again. They even admitted they messed up with too many marquees. At least they fixed the process with the excellent Jango Marquee.

    3 - This more than anything. Why is it 10x harder to unlock Legendary Chewie than it is JTR or CLS? Only character harder is Traya, but see #1? Even the STR was a wildly huge increase in difficulty over the HAAT raid. I guess we should have seen this coming.

    I used to plan around 60,000-65,000 squad power for Legendaries/Heroes Journeys. Omegas but no zetas. Gear 9 with ok mods, or mix of G8/G9 and great mods.

    Now it's amped up about 85-95k squad power with multiple zetas and potentially HSTR gear? No.

    I'm completely on the same page as you guys... I managed to get a 5* Chewie by moving mods around....

    The game has progressed with 6 dot mods available etc, but that is a fairly recent occurence... To release a legendary event this hard is ridiculous... Yes, they warned players it would be more difficult, but not to the extent that a crew that would normally get you. 7* legendary would struggle to even get 5*.... Way too much of a jump in difficulty here....

    Yeah I wasn’t even upset about having to use BH. I was actually enjoying myself gearing and farming them. However, everyone now knows Bossk is a must, so why didn’t CG just make him a requirement? It’s not like they’re following the same pattern as other legendaries with this disaster.
  • BTBAMthony wrote: »
    It's a much harder event. Loving it. Nice to have another challenge in the game.

    Also if Chewie is needed for the next hero's journey - hell yeah he should be hard to get.

    A “challenge” is dark souls. A “challenge” is chess. A “challenge” is a rubix cube. A “challenge” is AP calculus 2. You are delusional if you think this is a challenge. A challenge is difficult but fair. It is achievable through strategy. It is something you can improve at with practice.

    Unless you consider whaling out on bounty hunter mega packs, crystals for gear, and bossk shards in the store “challenging.” In which case I kind of feel sorry for you.

    There is no reason you can't have Bossk ready right now. With him and some strategy you can get it done. Now, X-com on impossible, that is a challenge.
  • Boov wrote: »
    meh, i like my events difficult. First time unlocks/7*-ing should be special. BH were already required for DSTB, so it's not like there was no reason to invest in them prior to this legendary event. If the event was do-able with the original bounty hunters at g11, it wouldn't be that special, it would just be a hand out. Obviously this is just one guy's opinion.
    As for the sith raid, i don't particulary enjoy it. I don't enjoy raids in general to be honest, after being able to clear it the first time it becomes a grind real quick. I do like farming specific teams to do good damage though, making choices that actually have consequenses is one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game for me. Same goes for the speculation part of the legendary events, it's an awesome feeling when you're able to grab that 7* legendary the first go around due to carefull planning.
    I'm currently stuck on tier7 of the chewy event, hopefully i'll be able to get him once i 7* bossk (screwed up and put the farm on pauze to farm range trooper...). I've got a 7* traya already. I'm only mentioning that so you can see where i'm comming from with this comment.
    Obviously these legendary events aren't "fun" for new/new-ish players. The feeling that you're constandly playing catch-up can be very frustrating, especially if you're still working on the vets for example when this event dropped. Unfortunately you can't make this type of event challenging for players who've been playing this game for close to 3 years, yet accesible for players who've only been playing for a year orso (without spending loads).
    That said, the level of difficulty took me by suprise. I'm however still leaning towards "hard, but fun because it's doable". I'm willing to accept "only" getting a 6* chewy because i didn't make the "right" choices.

    I’m fine with difficult too. The Thrawn event was difficult. R2 was difficult initially. This...this is not even close to being on the same page.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Personally, I think the event is great and generally what I expected. A little bit more challenging do to the TM at the start.

    Everyone complaining is a little funny. I think people expected a free character versus he's the most recent legendary and reserved for those with the most developed roster.

    Just because reality doesnt meet your expectations doesnt mean the event is wrong. It just means if you want Chewy, you should be prepared to invest appropriately for his exclusivity.

    I'm sitting @ 6* now and will be trying diffrent combinations over the next week in hope of a 7*. Glad to finally see a challenge!

    Nice shill.
    I recon you also pay a lot for the privilage of being corporate pupil.
  • .
    Boov wrote: »
    meh, i like my events difficult. First time unlocks/7*-ing should be special. BH were already required for DSTB, so it's not like there was no reason to invest in them prior to this legendary event. If the event was do-able with the original bounty hunters at g11, it wouldn't be that special, it would just be a hand out. Obviously this is just one guy's opinion.
    As for the sith raid, i don't particulary enjoy it. I don't enjoy raids in general to be honest, after being able to clear it the first time it becomes a grind real quick. I do like farming specific teams to do good damage though, making choices that actually have consequenses is one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game for me. Same goes for the speculation part of the legendary events, it's an awesome feeling when you're able to grab that 7* legendary the first go around due to carefull planning.
    I'm currently stuck on tier7 of the chewy event, hopefully i'll be able to get him once i 7* bossk (screwed up and put the farm on pauze to farm range trooper...). I've got a 7* traya already. I'm only mentioning that so you can see where i'm comming from with this comment.
    Obviously these legendary events aren't "fun" for new/new-ish players. The feeling that you're constandly playing catch-up can be very frustrating, especially if you're still working on the vets for example when this event dropped. Unfortunately you can't make this type of event challenging for players who've been playing this game for close to 3 years, yet accesible for players who've only been playing for a year orso (without spending loads).
    That said, the level of difficulty took me by suprise. I'm however still leaning towards "hard, but fun because it's doable". I'm willing to accept "only" getting a 6* chewy because i didn't make the "right" choices.

    I’m fine with difficult too. The Thrawn event was difficult. R2 was difficult initially. This...this is not even close to being on the same page.

    I would even go as far as to say that I am fine with mythics being ridiculously difficult, but this is no mythic.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • BTBAMthony wrote: »
    It's a much harder event. Loving it. Nice to have another challenge in the game.

    Also if Chewie is needed for the next hero's journey - hell yeah he should be hard to get.

    A “challenge” is dark souls. A “challenge” is chess. A “challenge” is a rubix cube. A “challenge” is AP calculus 2. You are delusional if you think this is a challenge. A challenge is difficult but fair. It is achievable through strategy. It is something you can improve at with practice.

    Unless you consider whaling out on bounty hunter mega packs, crystals for gear, and bossk shards in the store “challenging.” In which case I kind of feel sorry for you.

    So much this. My g11 toons are getting wiped out before I can event complete their contract even though they are 200+ speed (boba is 250 and he dies after taking 3 turns, less if they focus him). I'm running with dengar, greedo, 88, 6* bossk (who maybe gets 1 turn and dies), boba (g12). Tried different lead combos but no luck on tier 6 so far.

    I feel like they didn't actually learn anything from the sith raid problem (hard is fine, nigh unwinnable not so much).
  • I am ftp farmed bossk hard got him to g12 7 star and a zeta boba g12 ...zam 88 and cad all g11 and completed it. It took some strategy but it is doable
Sign In or Register to comment.