Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• nickyc123 wrote: »
    Raga wrote: »
    I'm genuinely a bit sad to be honest, I had hoped that this would be a decent event for CG to demonstrate they are back on board with the community, and more importantly, to give the community a reason to be behind them.

I am not about flaming or raging at every step and generally just browse the forum but I have defended this event "only needing bounty hunters" in Guild chat as being a genuine effort by CG to show willing. Turns out it seems to be quite a sly move and now I'm considering where we all stand. Gear 11 to unlock at 5*? Is that where we are at now? Look, I appreciate that you are trying to make us progress CG, but give us a bloody fighting chance. Alongside farming for HSTR and cargo ships and smugglers run events, as well as progressing for TB and TW and all the rest, most of the bounty hunters in game require so much log jammed gear that getting them to gear 10 is an achievement for most, never mind beyond. I even cynically opened the store and was surprised not to see a "Gear Pack" for sale for this event.

I am not saying that I wanted this event to be a walk over or to be simple. I genuinely wouldn't be mad about a Gear 12 recommendation for 7*, but come the hell on, your two flagship characters (Jedi Rey and Commander Luke) dont require anything like this level of investment.

Why is everyone so mad about this? Chewie is an iconic character and hes a badass. And the bounty hunters? I think that's a great move with all the work they've been giving them. I've been gearing up my bounty hunters since bossk has been farm able. I p as sued tier 5 easy with g11 5*bossk. G9 dengar. G10 boba 5* g9 embo and g9 zam. It was easy. All you need is decent characters. And the people who are mad about this are the people who cant get him. And are upset that it's too hard for them.

With legendary characters everyone remembers how hard thrawn was when he came out. Then we get Phoenix zetas and it's easy to 7 star him. Itll be the same thing with bounty hunters especially when you can farm jango and embo. Who are definitely the keys to this event.

Think about long term!!! Everyone will get chewie just like thrawn with putting some effort into bounty hunter toons.

Hmm, you needed zetas to 7* Thrawn? I guess I was one in a million lucky. I beat Thrawn's 7* with a gear 8 Phoenix squad (and 4 of them are still gear 8). I can't even touch the Tier 6 team, even when I tried putting super potency mods on them for survivability and extra speed, etc. My whole team isn't gear 11 but I can't even take down one of them and most tries 2 or 3 of my team are dead before I can even take a move. (Then I take 1 move and one more or both the survivors go down.)
    Why is everyone so mad about this?

As I've said before - because a lot of people these days think they deserve everything when they want it with no effort or expense to themselves. Generation Entitlement.

Well I see you’re back to your old condescending ways so I guess I’ll step in.
    Nobody is on here thinking that they should be given a 7* legendary for nothing at all. Nobody is complaining that their gear 6, undermodded BH can’t beat the last tier.
    If you stopped and actually read the complaints it’s the leap of difficulty from one legendary to the next. For Thrawn, you could do the last tier with gear 8/9 Phoenix, proper mods and some good RNG. The higher the gear, the less the RNG required. Totally fair.

This go around it’s much different. You need zetas, gear 10+ characters and new BH to just unlock chewie without playing th RNG game. That’s excessive. I never planned on getting him 7* this time myself because I figured I’d need Bossk at 7* (currently 5), Bobba, Dengar, Greedo and IG88 at g11 at least with a couple being G12. Which is fine. I unlocked him, I’ll slowly gear him and my BH team for the next go around and get him at 7* like I always do with legendaries.

But even those with G12+ gear and arena mods STILL need good RNG to win. They overtuned the last node in line with a mythic event. That’s too much. Maxed out BH squads should not need to be replayed dozens of time for good RNG in a legendary event.

They need a middle ground for the difficulty. It’s there, staring them in the face. To not retune it would be a slap in the face to a lot of players but I digress.
  • sorry if it has been mentioned, but the only thing I did not like was being forced to watch the cinematic over and over especially when having difficulties on T5 for example.

I did not expect to be able to unlock him at all as I never bothered to farm them, but have the bare minimum to play T5 and could probably unlock chewie with some re modding and 10000000 attempts, but the constant playing of the cinematic that you cannot skip does get annoying.

I am sure its my fault for not betting gearing BH and having to take so many attempts, but its still annoying.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    nickyc123 wrote: »

As I've said before - because a lot of people these days think they deserve everything when they want it with no effort or expense to themselves. Generation Entitlement.

Well I see you’re back to your old condescending ways so I guess I’ll step in.
    Nobody is on here thinking that they should be given a 7* legendary for nothing at all. Nobody is complaining that their gear 6, undermodded BH can’t beat the last tier.
    If you stopped and actually read the complaints it’s the leap of difficulty from one legendary to the next. For Thrawn, you could do the last tier with gear 8/9 Phoenix, proper mods and some good RNG. The higher the gear, the less the RNG required. Totally fair.

This go around it’s much different. You need zetas, gear 10+ characters and new BH to just unlock chewie without playing th RNG game. That’s excessive. I never planned on getting him 7* this time myself because I figured I’d need Bossk at 7* (currently 5), Bobba, Dengar, Greedo and IG88 at g11 at least with a couple being G12. Which is fine. I unlocked him, I’ll slowly gear him and my BH team for the next go around and get him at 7* like I always do with legendaries.

But even those with G12+ gear and arena mods STILL need good RNG to win. They overtuned the last node in line with a mythic event. That’s too much. Maxed out BH squads should not need to be replayed dozens of time for good RNG in a legendary event.

They need a middle ground for the difficulty. It’s there, staring them in the face. To not retune it would be a slap in the face to a lot of players but I digress.

You do not need g10+ and zetas to unlock him. He’s quite easy to unlock at 5* with garbage BH. You need high gear and zetas to 7* him.
  • Any event in which a full squad of synergized g12 zeta characters has to retry more than 10 times, is tuned poorly.

Also, even though I played the event for 9 hours total, I did not enjoy it. So when you look at my data, CG, do not think it was a good time. It was not a good time. And although the first 29 times I watched the intro I thought it was cool, by the 204th time I was ready to break my phone just so I didn't have to look at it anymore.
  • Thumbs down for Chewie event. Thumbs down for "upgraded" zombie coming in same time BH event comes out...to suck 200+ hypo syringe while all bh need them as well.

Now we need squads worth 3000 dollars to get one character - i am sorry this is just plain ridiculous.
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    Thumbs down for Chewie event. Thumbs down for "upgraded" zombie coming in same time BH event comes out...to suck 200+ hypo syringe while all bh need them as well.

Now we need squads worth 3000 dollars to get one character - i am sorry this is just plain ridiculous.

Yeah dude. This legendary event is a literally **** business choice. Give me something to have something.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Thumbs down for Chewie event. Thumbs down for "upgraded" zombie coming in same time BH event comes out...to suck 200+ hypo syringe while all bh need them as well.

Are people plain ignoring the Whine-Free thread that shows how multiple people have done it with FTP bounty hunters? It even includes a REDDIT link explaining it step by step. Guides on how to mod etc etc.
    Why do you need to spend 3000 dollars?
    If you can’t be bothered reading a constructive thread I’ll summarise:

FTP strat to get 7* Chewie
    ———————————————
    1) Boba is the MVP - ideally G12 (G11.5 might work) All Omegas, Zeta optional - Needs good CD/CC + Potency Cross
    2) Dengar G10+ His role is to counter R2s Smokescreen and he’s pretty durable & can stun
    3) POTENCY mods and Potency Crosses - on the rest. Some have gone all in with 6 Potency mods but certainly 2 of them and a Potency Cross is a minimum. The idea is to boost health (Bobas lead) to survive the initial onslaught.
    4) Cad Bane, Greedo then either Zam/IG88 (IG88 is a bit squishy!)
    5) Kill Chewie first.

So G12 Boba and roughly G10+ everyone else.
    No mandatory Zetas, Bossk makes it easier but again not mandatory.
  • I used that strat with G8 Boba and G8/9 squad to unlock 5* - it did take 6 attempts though.
  • It would be interesting to see the % of people with 7* Chewie with and without Dengar...
    Even if only G9, he seems integral to most successful FTP strats.

I don't know what has gotten into you lately James, I typically enjoy your posts, but this is a gigantic crock of hmmmm butter, ya, let's go with butter....

I got 5 star chewie as expected with two g9, two g10 and a g11 .... I had to put arena quality mods on them to do it and it still took several tries.... I feel bad for those with 7* g8 ,bounty hunters that can't get it done.... It's digraceful.....

You speak of "entitlement", well here is some.... I feel CG owes some people an explanation as to why someone who did actually put time, effort and in some cases money into their BH to get them to g8 or even g9 is not entitled to at least be able to have a shot at a 5* Chewie..... They told us in advance it would be hard, but really? 7* g8 toons being unable to unlock a 5* toon is absolutely ridiculous....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

I don't know what has gotten into you lately James, I typically enjoy your posts, but this is a gigantic crock of hmmmm butter, ya, let's go with butter....

I got 5 star chewie as expected with two g9, two g10 and a g11 .... I had to put arena quality mods on them to do it and it still took several tries.... I feel bad for those with 7* g8 ,bounty hunters that can't get it done.... It's digraceful.....

You speak of "entitlement", well here is some.... I feel CG owes some people an explanation as to why someone who did actually put time, effort and in some cases money into their BH to get them to g8 or even g9 is not entitled to at least be able to have a shot at a 5* Chewie..... They told us in advance it would be hard, but really? 7* g8 toons being unable to unlock a 5* toon is absolutely ridiculous....

They did warn us. They said that it's difficulty would compare with the Sith Triumvirate Raid.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    If people spent less time being a delicate snowflake and reading up on how to beat the event there would be a lot less saltiness. Sure it's difficult, but it's not as hard as some are making it out to be. 7* Chewy here....not a whale either!

How many times do you have to say the same thing in the same thread just to brag up the toon you whaled to get?.... Be gone son, the adults are talking.....

Are people plain ignoring the Whine-Free thread that shows how multiple people have done it with FTP bounty hunters? It even includes a REDDIT link explaining it step by step. Guides on how to mod etc etc.
    Why do you need to spend 3000 dollars?
    If you can’t be bothered reading a constructive thread I’ll summarise:

FTP strat to get 7* Chewie
    ———————————————
    1) Boba is the MVP - ideally G12 (G11.5 might work) All Omegas, Zeta optional - Needs good CD/CC + Potency Cross
    2) Dengar G10+ His role is to counter R2s Smokescreen and he’s pretty durable & can stun
    3) POTENCY mods and Potency Crosses - on the rest. Some have gone all in with 6 Potency mods but certainly 2 of them and a Potency Cross is a minimum. The idea is to boost health (Bobas lead) to survive the initial onslaught.
    4) Cad Bane, Greedo then either Zam/IG88 (IG88 is a bit squishy!)
    5) Kill Chewie first.

So G12 Boba and roughly G10+ everyone else.
    No mandatory Zetas, Bossk makes it easier but again not mandatory.

At this point I don't think it's so much the issue with it being impossible for F2P but rather doesn't blend well after months of poorly designed Sith Raid exhaustion. I pulled off 7* after 50+ restarts (probably closer to 100) but that doesn't mean I think it's well designed.

Chiefly for months most of us have been banging our heads against the wall in a raid vastly overtuned in terms of health and with clearly flawed mechanics (both of which were addressed in the recent raid nerf). The devs even said the change to the mechanics was because they recognized 100s of restarts wasn't fun nor their goal for how to play the game. Yet we get this legendary event where 10s of restarts are needed, even apparently for some players with g12 toons. I'm certain we all hoped CG would've learned from their mistakes with the sith raid yet this indicates they didn't learn anything.

Add to this the fact that with the mod rework we theoretically were going to have greater value from a wider range of mod sets and types, yet here we are where stacking speed is essential since these guys hit like a freight train so you need 200+ speed. Lastly, the raid is designed to neutralize the whole contract mechanic that was the big thing about the BH rework until you've already basically won. I only pulled off a win after I abandoned trying to complete the contract and trying to craft a tactic around contracts and instead focused on brute forcing my way through.

However, I think the poorest choice was tier 5. You panic farm, you scramble to get everyone to g9/10 and are barred from getting a consolation prize unless you're willing to keep restarting over and over and over until RNG favors you. For new players it leaves a really bad impression, especially if this is their first legendary event.

Just because it is technically possible to 7* chewie with BH below the listed requirements or non-recent marquee BG doesn't mean the event has been designed well.
  • ^^^^^ This.... So much this

They did warn us. They said that it's difficulty would compare with the Sith Triumvirate Raid.

And I am OK with that.... At tier 7..... But folks not being able to get a 5* Chewie with 7* gear 8 toons is not ok......
  • What's the best team to run with if you do have Bossk? I think I'll be able to 7* him before the event ends. I'm thinking:

No Bossk team:
    Boba(L)
    Dengar
    Cad
    Greedo
    Zam/IG88

Bossk team:
    Bossk(L)
    Boba
    Dengar
    Cad
    Greedo

I don't know if I'll actually be able to get the rest of my bounty hunters high enough, but I'm trying. I've got bossk ready for G12 and Boba is already G12. Everyone else is around G8-9 atm.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • BucMan55 wrote: »
    You are unlikely to find a win using only 5* characters if only because nobody has only 5* bounty hunters.

I do. Well, Dengar is 10 shards away from his 5th star. I only started playing in April yet unlocked every legendary toon the first time their event came after I cleared level 60 except Thrawn(because I loathe Phoenix Squad).

Edit: My shipments had the shards I needed for Dengar. Purchased them, upgraded Dengar to 5*, got completely obliterated(heck one time I got to take one turn with Dengar at red health, all others dead, even Fett.) with most tries only having 2 or 3 hunters when I finally got to go. Uninstalled game. Been a good run guys, hopefully y'all find what you are looking for in this game. I could not.

There is a F2P option, but there is no CASUAL option.

This post is both absolutely hilarious and kinda most of the complaints in a nutshell. The dishonesty and bad faith is through the roof i’ve rarely seen that even on the internet.

« Hi, i started the game in april, got every single legendary event first time around cause i’m such a casual player, but decided to instantly yet casually uninstall the game cause i didn’t get a character i casually wanted to unlock the 1st time. »

Half the complaints here are talking about 6* mods (????????), full maxed out g12+ squads, superbly ignoring EVERY post explaining, detailing, screenshoting how you obviously do not need that. Deciding that things « should » be like this or like that because reasons and if you disagree ? Better shut up and leave the threads, cause they have the right to complain but you have no right to disagree with those. Twisting facts, flat out lying, then calling us garbage eaters, brown nosers and telling us to go f ourselves.
    Yeah you’re right, your cause is just, we simple peasants shouldn’t get in your way.
  • After watching a video on internet I think I could get 7*:
    Boba G12/full Omega + Zeta (leader)
    Dengar G10/full Omega
    IG-88 G11/full Omega
    Greedo G10/full Omega
    Bame G10/full Omega
    From what I saw I just need to give them loads of Potency to make them tough enough to survive the ambush (3 attacks from solo + chewy's assist and 2 attacks from the others + assists without being able to move a finger...). I can give them all between 60 and 90% extra potency.
    My biggest problem is trying hundreds of times until I get lucky...
  • Just a suggestion for CG. Can you add Vader as playable toon for the event ? Technically, he's the one capturing the rebels... Boba just found them...
    And while you're at it, replace R2 with Lobot. That will give us all the chance to see him in action at least once and R2 is supposed to be on Dagoba with Luke... :wink:

Oh, the raid they had to nerf into the ground because it was destroying guilds and driving player attrition?
  • Zanads wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Oh, the raid they had to nerf into the ground because it was destroying guilds and driving player attrition?

That's the one!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My favorite run so far (for 7*) was when my g12+, 6* modded Zam threw thermal detonators. With a potency of 110+, 0 out of 5 stuck. Good times.

As someone who beat the Yoda event BEFORE CG nerfed it, I have to say, this event is much more unfun. The Yoda event at least had some strategy. This is all RNG. Who dies first, what sticks, what doesn't. Poorly done event.

Love the cut scene - the first 15 or so times. Like the graphics. Just the event itself stinks.

ETA: There was a time in this game's history that legendary events were a way of rewarding those that had played for a long time and had a good roster built up (including gear and mods). Since g12+ BH with 6* mods and speeds in the 260+ range isn't enough for this event, it's clear that those days are past. Especially when the g12+ characters die before they move. Again, poorly tuned event. If this is the "new" direction of legendary, just stick with the garbage marquee's. TIA.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zanads wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

That's the one!

Modeling events after such a raid seems like a winning strategy...
  • Just a suggestion for CG. Can you add Vader as playable toon for the event ? Technically, he's the one capturing the rebels... Boba just found them...
    And while you're at it, replace R2 with Lobot. That will give us all the chance to see him in action at least once and R2 is supposed to be on Dagoba with Luke... :wink:

LOL That's funny cuz having r2 on the line was the first thing i noticed about the event that was really weird. Would be a lot less rng without him there also. It'd still be difficult, but not as tough as it is now.
  • After watching a video on internet I think I could get 7*:
    Dengar G10/full Omega
    IG-88 G11/full Omega
    Greedo G10/full Omega
    Bame G10/full Omega
    From what I saw I just need to give them loads of Potency to make them tough enough to survive the ambush (3 attacks from solo + chewy's assist and 2 attacks from the others + assists without being able to move a finger...). I can give them all between 60 and 90% extra potency.

Boba has no lead zeta...anyways zeta is useful on his rocket. Be happy to see Han and Chewie in the video and magically Leia, R2 and Lando appear over and over again. Why to program something with sense, if we can just tune it up and let everyone gear useless BHs...!
    After watching a video on internet I think I could get 7*:
    Dengar G10/full Omega
    IG-88 G11/full Omega
    Greedo G10/full Omega
    Bame G10/full Omega

Boba has no lead zeta...anyways zeta is useful on his rocket. Be happy to see Han and Chewie in the video and magically Leia, R2 and Lando appear over and over again. Why to program something with sense, if we can just tune it up and let everyone gear useless BHs...!

Haha. Not many event make sense (story-wise) apart from the Hero Journeys. However it make perfect sense when you realise it is quarter end... :wink:
    The Boba Zeta is indeed his Unic, not leader (great one by the way).
  • Philiposophy of the Game : Marquee, then Marquee, then again MArquee, then WHale Event (We call it for F2P but they won't get it) then Marquee, Marquee, Marquee, Hero Whale Journey (Chewee 7 stars required + 2 or 3 new Marquee toon and even perhaps New Marquee Flight) then Marquee , Marquee, Marquee
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    Philiposophy of the Game : Marquee, then Marquee, then again MArquee, then WHale Event (We call it for F2P but they won't get it) then Marquee, Marquee, Marquee, Hero Whale Journey (Chewee 7 stars required + 2 or 3 new Marquee toon and even perhaps New Marquee Flight) then Marquee , Marquee, Marquee
    Why are you calling it a whale event? There’s an entire thread detailing how you can do it with FTP characters. PLUS, if you hate reading at least 2 of the gamechangers did it WITHOUT Bossk/etc & recorded it, explaining how to mod etc.