Thank you for Chewbacca (sincere)

Prev13
Dear CG,

Thank you for making the difficulty of the Chewbacca event effectively reflect the late game toon status that he should hold.

I am sure that I will share my peers envy and motivation should any toons relating to the Solo characters or Old republic drop, but for now I am very grateful that the amount of dedicated attention I have given my BH faction has been rewarded with a toon that isn’t just being handed overs to others who have decidedly elected to focus *their game* in other areas.

It is the prerogative of the discontent to raise ruckus, so I wanted to make sure there was a post applauding you and your teams efforts to encourage strategic roster development and make sacrifices so that we are not overwhelmed by gentrification with each new character release or event.

It is the lifeblood of the game to leave us in want and champion individual focus. Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    yw1chues69kj.jpg

Took a butt load of Tries and a hardy helping of RNG but, I beat it finally. I used a G12 Bossk, Dengar, IG-88 and boba fett, and a G11 Cad bane. Speeds were not the best, but I tried to stack it as much as possible on bossk for his call assist attack and boba. You pretty much have to keep resetting the fight until R2 doesnt stealth their team and leia doesnt ability block you either. Main target was lando first then chewy. After that if you are still alive get han out and it's clear sailing.

Glad to see that investing in BH over a year ago finally paired off! Haha
  • Options
    Well done. What were the speeds on your bossk and boba? I have the same team hut with a g11 dengar and g12 greedo instead of cad. Do you think I can make it?
  • Shellzbutt
    300 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    .grats
  • Options
    Gz! Which Zetas are on your Team?
  • Options
    thx, when my bossk is 7* ready I wil focus on that! :)
  • Options
    Indeed. We all applaud your need of making a legendary event requiring new(ish) toons and full g12, heavily modded, crappy bounty hunters for more cash.

"Dont worry guys next toon isnt marquee huehuehue" Good work CG. Another disappointment to add to the list.
  • Options
    @ZaxaFett - first sensible post I've read about this event, thank you.

It's hard. Really hard. It's meant to be.

It's a pinnacle to work towards...either through putting in the time or putting in the money.

Always puzzles me that people think the good stuff should be easy/free. Given everything on a plate. Would be a ridiculously dull game if that were the case.

It's tough. It's a challenge. A game without a challenge is not a game.
  • Options
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Awesome event
  • Options
    Agreed. I know those forums and i honestly didn’t expect such a ridiculous spam of nonsense. It’s really nice to have something new to work towards.
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Got him 7* without Bossk (mine is only6*) Boba (L) full G12 arena like mods, Dengar G11 almost full potency sets, Zam g11 full potency set, cad g11 full potency sets and greedo CD and CC set. Apart from boba none of these is super fast. If you want to know any specifics ask.

Detailed Squad:
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/106259/
  • Options
    Main target should be han finger the payouts no?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Main target should be han finger the payouts no?

I went for chewie first to clear his buff
  • Options
    That’s the team I used. Keep restarting until you get a setup with everyone alive and Dengar stealthed. While he is stealthed, R2’s smokescreen doesn’t work. Keep Chewie stunned, slowed, debuffed, etc.
  • Options
    I agree. I got my 5 star chewie with little more effort on my BH than what i worked on for the DS territory battles. Well that and i remodded them last week in preperation.

Now i know i have to spend a little time on cad and dengar then finish my bossk. For seven star when the event comes back and thats okay!! Bet your bottom ill be ready for Malgus tho!!
  • KelemvorFRA
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Very satisfied to unlock him 7*. My effort for stuffing the BH faction was meaningfull.
    And i did not spended one crystal (beside refresh for daily bossk hard node) or $ for it. Just patience and gear grind.

(G12 zzBossk, G12 boba, G11 IG88, G11 CadBane, G8 Dengar, only f2p toons)

Great event by the way, nice cinematic !
  • Options
    LOL, "strategic roster development" aka poor man's tough choices... I find it very interesting how people still act like resource management matters in a game where your credit card can buy you anything. Like whales who talk about resource management so easily because they don't have to do it themselves.

This year's main focus was clearly HSTR for ALL GUILDS AND PLAYERS. Gearing bounty hunters was never a matter of choice for f2p since fleet 2.0 came into the game and that requires gearing pilots also.

I think it's easy to imagine a different scenario where Chewbacca didn't come to the game and instead we got some other character who required some other faction to unlock. I'm sure you'd also say something along the lines of "strategic roster development" when in reality those things are just plain luck. I'm sure you would assume people should also have developed that faction to g11-12 as well?

But if someone made a post complaining that the HSTR is too difficult you'd also be one of the first to jump in and say how their poor management decisions are the problem because they didn't FOCUS THE RIGHT TEAMS for the raid. Similarly if someone made a post about how they are getting rekt on fleet you would also come forth and say that their poor management decisions and lack of foresight is responsible for not having geared their geonosians or other pilots

You belong in a category of people who will always find some sort of justification even tho your premises are totally unrealistic when you put them all together.

So objectively speaking and this is the key point here, from a purely objective stand point gearing characters to g12 for a legendary event would be considered OVERKILL given past precedent of legendary events. We've never had a legendary require anything past g9 for a 7 star unlock so someone using gear 12 would objective be commiting bad gearing choices from an objective resource management stand point. If it turned out that g10-11 would suffice then when someone complained about gear Crunch you would come at them and say something along the lines of "maybe you shouldn't have overspend your gear on bounty Hunters for chewie legendary event, after all when did we ever need g12 for a legendary even!? You clearly overcommitted and you could have used that gear elsewhere, so stop complaining and learn to manage your resources"...

For people like you it will never be good enough because your standards are UNREALISTIC!
  • Options
    Except it’s not about focusing your efforts, it’s about having premium characters. You’re fooling yourself.
  • Options
    Except it’s not about focusing your efforts, it’s about having premium characters. You’re fooling yourself.

Read my comment, it accurately explains everything
  • Options
    LOL, "strategic roster development" aka poor man's tough choices... I find it very interesting how people still act like resource management matters in a game where your credit card can buy you anything. Like whales who talk about resource management so easily because they don't have to do it themselves.

This year's main focus was clearly HSTR for ALL GUILDS AND PLAYERS. Gearing bounty hunters was never a matter of choice for f2p since fleet 2.0 came into the game and that requires gearing pilots also.

I think it's easy to imagine a different scenario where Chewbacca didn't come to the game and instead we got some other character who required some other faction to unlock. I'm sure you'd also say something along the lines of "strategic roster development" when in reality those things are just plain luck. I'm sure you would assume people should also have developed that faction to g11-12 as well?

But if someone made a post complaining that the HSTR is too difficult you'd also be one of the first to jump in and say how their poor management decisions are the problem because they didn't FOCUS THE RIGHT TEAMS for the raid. Similarly if someone made a post about how they are getting rekt on fleet you would also come forth and say that their poor management decisions and lack of foresight is responsible for not having geared their geonosians or other pilots

You belong in a category of people who will always find some sort of justification even tho your premises are totally unrealistic when you put them all together.

So objectively speaking and this is the key point here, from a purely objective stand point gearing characters to g12 for a legendary event would be considered OVERKILL given past precedent of legendary events. We've never had a legendary require anything past g9 for a 7 star unlock so someone using gear 12 would objective be commiting bad gearing choices from an objective resource management stand point. If it turned out that g10-11 would suffice then when someone complained about gear Crunch you would come at them and say something along the lines of "maybe you shouldn't have overspend your gear on bounty Hunters for chewie legendary event, after all when did we ever need g12 for a legendary even!? You clearly overcommitted and you could have used that gear elsewhere, so stop complaining and learn to manage your resources"...

For people like you it will never be good enough because your standards are UNREALISTIC!

Truth in this entire post. Well done
  • Options

No...no it really doesn’t.
  • Options

I m confused
  • Options
    Me too.

It's really not hard.

It'a a tough event. Engineered so that, in the main, those that actually spend some money are likely to succeed with it first time round. And those that want to put in the effort, but not the cash, will succeed the second or third time around.

Of course, there are some very, very smart folk that have achieved without spending. They are quality strategists...who got lucky as well...but in the main you gotta pay in the first instance, or graft in the second.

Whining ain't gonna change a thing. Nor should it...
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

I m confused

Oh geeze my bad. Yes I agree with you. I thought you were a different person. My bad
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

I m confused

Oh geeze my bad. Yes I agree with you. I thought you were a different person. My bad

I thought so lol,
    Me too.

It's really not hard.

It'a a tough event. Engineered so that, in the main, those that actually spend some money are likely to succeed with it first time round. And those that want to put in the effort, but not the cash, will succeed the second or third time around.

Of course, there are some very, very smart folk that have achieved without spending. They are quality strategists...who got lucky as well...but in the main you gotta pay in the first instance, or graft in the second.

Whining ain't gonna change a thing. Nor should it...

I appreciate your honesty, although I have to admit that it doesn't make me feel any better neither does it mean I don't think it was a dirty decision
  • Options
    I appreciate your honesty, although I have to admit that it doesn't make me feel any better...

Please don't feel bad...it's just a little game on your phone :)

And of course it was a dirty decision...that's how it works from people trying to make money from you. Keep it in perespective :)

• Options

Your message is interesting and i get where you coming from but there is a big problem here. Your premises are totally unrealistic, not « ours ».
    You expect to be able to top every single area of the game without spending a dime.

No one ever said that you could do that. People are saying that if you didn’t invest in bh for this event, it means you invested somewhere else. For exemple a str team. So now you score better in str but don’t have chewie. The guy next to you has chewie but gets lower score than you in str. Different investments.
    The whale next to you has both.
    How is any of this unfair or unrealistic ? By the way « this year main focus was clearly hstr for all guilds and players » is a false statement. Hundreds of guilds and thousands of players are so far from hstr it’s not a priority whatsoever. I’m in that case. When you are a new player and don’t have cls or even i don’t know Thrawn or anything, you don’t give a **** about hstr. You don’t care about chewie either probably.
  • Options
    I stepped in and got crushed on tier 5 then I looked at my team. All original bounty hunters and 7 star, but only OK gear apart from Boba. However we've known for a couple weeks BH are the path. I didn't panic farm, but panic saved. I have 4 carbs saved up, some stun cuffs, etc. Wanted to see what I could do without a spend. So I distribute some of those and I get 5 star. I plan on shifting mods a bit (I saved credits and crystals too) and will likely get a 6 star before it ends which I'd be happy with given the type of toon it is. Maybe even 7 if my RNG hits just right and I get the right gear in stores the next few days. I'll push hard to get him for sure and spend all in game currency, but I think he's more than achievable as FTP and if I miss 7 star this round then so be it. Next go round I'll have him for sure. Not too shabby a balance between difficulty and play-ability as far as I'm concerned.