Thank you for Chewbacca (sincere)

Replies

• Options
    I appreciate your honesty, although I have to admit that it doesn't make me feel any better...

Please don't feel bad...it's just a little game on your phone :)

And of course it was a dirty decision...that's how it works from people trying to make money from you. Keep it in perespective :)

I understand that and the fact I have a 5 star Chewbacca makes me feel better, however my concern is that those things tend to escalate very quickly. Christmas time is coming and since we have no movie this year they must still do something. This fits all the signs for a Jedi Luke who would most likely be a continuation of CLS hero's journey and most likely Chewbacca will be part of it. Since it's hero's journey it means 7 stars to unlock so unless you have Chewbacca at 7 stars you won't be able to unlock Luke.

But star requirements isn't the only problem, say I grind Bossk and end up getting Chewbacca right before Luke, now I must worry about what gear levels my characters will need to be to unlock Luke. Because they have added new possibilities by requiring g12 and zetas for legendary type characters!

This means that appart from bounty Hunters for which I must gear AND save zetas for, I must also gear AND save more zetas for characters like ROLO, CHS, Chewbacca and any potential characters that Luke would require. As you can imagine this is a significant investment which in a way forces me to put a TON of other projects on hold. I wish we at least had more clarity and knowledge of what to expect in the near future. If Jedi Luke is coming we should know in advance if he's gonna require g11-12 characters to unlock.
  • Options
    its perfect.... difficult to unlock him with weak toons. I love the strategy and the fact I cannot complete it with one try, well apart from tiers 1-3 they were easy
  • Options
    LOL, "strategic roster development" aka poor man's tough choices... I find it very interesting how people still act like resource management matters in a game where your credit card can buy you anything. Like whales who talk about resource management so easily because they don't have to do it themselves.

This year's main focus was clearly HSTR for ALL GUILDS AND PLAYERS. Gearing bounty hunters was never a matter of choice for f2p since fleet 2.0 came into the game and that requires gearing pilots also.

I think it's easy to imagine a different scenario where Chewbacca didn't come to the game and instead we got some other character who required some other faction to unlock. I'm sure you'd also say something along the lines of "strategic roster development" when in reality those things are just plain luck. I'm sure you would assume people should also have developed that faction to g11-12 as well?

But if someone made a post complaining that the HSTR is too difficult you'd also be one of the first to jump in and say how their poor management decisions are the problem because they didn't FOCUS THE RIGHT TEAMS for the raid. Similarly if someone made a post about how they are getting rekt on fleet you would also come forth and say that their poor management decisions and lack of foresight is responsible for not having geared their geonosians or other pilots

You belong in a category of people who will always find some sort of justification even tho your premises are totally unrealistic when you put them all together.

So objectively speaking and this is the key point here, from a purely objective stand point gearing characters to g12 for a legendary event would be considered OVERKILL given past precedent of legendary events. We've never had a legendary require anything past g9 for a 7 star unlock so someone using gear 12 would objective be commiting bad gearing choices from an objective resource management stand point. If it turned out that g10-11 would suffice then when someone complained about gear Crunch you would come at them and say something along the lines of "maybe you shouldn't have overspend your gear on bounty Hunters for chewie legendary event, after all when did we ever need g12 for a legendary even!? You clearly overcommitted and you could have used that gear elsewhere, so stop complaining and learn to manage your resources"...

For people like you it will never be good enough because your standards are UNREALISTIC!

Agreed. If CG put gear 12+ as recommendation, they made it too hard. No other legendary or heroes journey has needed that.

I fear for kotor legendary.... ill get 7 star once i gear more.... but this is a bit shocking and a sad decision in my book
  • Options
    LOL, "strategic roster development" aka poor man's tough choices... I find it very interesting how people still act like resource management matters in a game where your credit card can buy you anything. Like whales who talk about resource management so easily because they don't have to do it themselves.

This year's main focus was clearly HSTR for ALL GUILDS AND PLAYERS. Gearing bounty hunters was never a matter of choice for f2p since fleet 2.0 came into the game and that requires gearing pilots also.

I think it's easy to imagine a different scenario where Chewbacca didn't come to the game and instead we got some other character who required some other faction to unlock. I'm sure you'd also say something along the lines of "strategic roster development" when in reality those things are just plain luck. I'm sure you would assume people should also have developed that faction to g11-12 as well?

But if someone made a post complaining that the HSTR is too difficult you'd also be one of the first to jump in and say how their poor management decisions are the problem because they didn't FOCUS THE RIGHT TEAMS for the raid. Similarly if someone made a post about how they are getting rekt on fleet you would also come forth and say that their poor management decisions and lack of foresight is responsible for not having geared their geonosians or other pilots

You belong in a category of people who will always find some sort of justification even tho your premises are totally unrealistic when you put them all together.

So objectively speaking and this is the key point here, from a purely objective stand point gearing characters to g12 for a legendary event would be considered OVERKILL given past precedent of legendary events. We've never had a legendary require anything past g9 for a 7 star unlock so someone using gear 12 would objective be commiting bad gearing choices from an objective resource management stand point. If it turned out that g10-11 would suffice then when someone complained about gear Crunch you would come at them and say something along the lines of "maybe you shouldn't have overspend your gear on bounty Hunters for chewie legendary event, after all when did we ever need g12 for a legendary even!? You clearly overcommitted and you could have used that gear elsewhere, so stop complaining and learn to manage your resources"...

For people like you it will never be good enough because your standards are UNREALISTIC!

I'm no whale and I did it just fine. I'm not gonna say that it's "all about resource management" but it does come down to who you want to farm. G12 bounty hunters have been useful ever since the first galactic bounties event which is when I decided to work on them. I also really enjoying playing the team. I am extremely happy that I got chewie at 7* but even if there hadn't ever been a bounty Hunter legendary G12 is still worth it for other areas of the game. It's not like they made us gear up Phoenix to G12 or something like that. Because G12 are fine but don't have specific other uses at that high of a level.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    If CG put gear 12+ as recommendation, they made it too hard.

Why?

Because you (and I) hadn't invested enough time or money into those characters?

That's not because they made it too hard, it's because we made decisions that put resources elsewhere.

• Options
    JediRobb wrote: »
    I got him at 5 stars. Only have 4 BH at 6 stars or higher, so I'll stop here this time around. But I have to say, I loved the event. Great visuals and audio, fun gameplay, got to use my BH faction for something useful and fun. Good job CG. Don't listen to the haters who feel entitled to everything.

It's a game of competitive nature of course we feel entitled
  • Options
    Agree with original poster, great event, very enjoyable. Thumbs up to the devs.
  • Options
    Great post. Everyone that's upset should have to read it first before they're allowed to post about the event.
  • Options
    There needs to be a balance between enjoying an event and being stressed out over the difficulty. It’s hard to enjoy stressful things. That being said, I wish I did enjoy this event.
  • Options
    I totally agree!

I won't even get close to 5* Chewie till the next time it comes around which hopefully comes again in 3-4 months. And he IS end game. Traya is a lot work to get. And he should be. Chewie is at that level so he should be difficult to get.

And out of this I'll get wicked bounty Hunter team which is awesome. Then I'll be able to use my rebels again if I want!
  • Options
    I am also very thankfull on the fsct thst after 2 years of playing 3 accounts I cant have one of the coolest SW character because that character does not only requires bounty hunters that nobody havent worked on in years before Bossk's ship was introduced but it also requires that those bh characters are on g12 to have chances to getting him now.
    Because it is not hard to have them on 7* but it is hard to have them at g11 or higher.

I would use this opportunity to ask that for next legenadry event requirement is Traya at g13 and higher and also 4 other toons that are on g3 and higher.
    You know....."so that we are not overwhelmed with gentrification with each new character release or event" and to encourage strategic development of roster.

Also,considering that new character at legendary evemt will not be released soon,please make the gear requirement to be at least g20 because why should only one entire guild work as a clockwork when there can be 2 or 3 guilds of total strangers that work like a team.
    And add a marquee so that fresh players have their 3* mighty leader with few reworked toons so they can utterly destroy people with 20 or 30 more k of power and g12.5 so they can have access to resources in a day or two.

And about us that have other strategies and characters that we need at g12 and didnt geared up bounty hunters to g12 dont worry,we will allways be here to thank you for your best intentions.

So,besides swgoh,anybody here plays other fun games?
  • Options
    Me too.

It's really not hard.

It'a a tough event. Engineered so that, in the main, those that actually spend some money are likely to succeed with it first time round. And those that want to put in the effort, but not the cash, will succeed the second or third time around.

Of course, there are some very, very smart folk that have achieved without spending. They are quality strategists...who got lucky as well...but in the main you gotta pay in the first instance, or graft in the second.

Whining ain't gonna change a thing. Nor should it...

Sorry, GS 12+ is not something everyone is able to get. From what has been posted about this event, HSTR gearing is a must. And we have 2 threads 54+ pages about how that gearing is working out.

Chewie should not be a gimme, but he should also not be so RNGesus involved that it takes 200 restarts to get that one instance R2 doesn’t mask everyone or Lando and Han don’t tag team endless shoot everyone before player gets a turn.
  • Options
    Me too.

It's really not hard.

It'a a tough event. Engineered so that, in the main, those that actually spend some money are likely to succeed with it first time round. And those that want to put in the effort, but not the cash, will succeed the second or third time around.

Of course, there are some very, very smart folk that have achieved without spending. They are quality strategists...who got lucky as well...but in the main you gotta pay in the first instance, or graft in the second.

Whining ain't gonna change a thing. Nor should it...

Sorry, GS 12+ is not something everyone is able to get. From what has been posted about this event, HSTR gearing is a must. And we have 2 threads 54+ pages about how that gearing is working out.

Chewie should not be a gimme, but he should also not be so RNGesus involved that it takes 200 restarts to get that one instance R2 doesn’t mask everyone or Lando and Han don’t tag team endless shoot everyone before player gets a turn.

HSTR gearing is not a must. People are doing it with a lot less than maxed out teams of G12+.
  • Options
    I beat it using G12 zBossk (lead), G12 Boba Fett, G12 Greedo, G12 Dengar, and G10 Zam. R2 used his stealth before Dengar could use his and I almost backed out having read if this happens, it's almost guaranteed a loss. I decided to try and I was able to take out R2 first. I took out ROLO next and then Lando. Chewy was next and saved Han for last. It took me about 10 tries. I feel like the thermal detonators combined with Bossk lead was the key, since I had 3 throwing them. And I didn't use Boba's AOE at first, just single attacks to prevent the counters from Han and Chewy's assist.
  • Dhuriya24
    77 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Corvus wrote: »
    Got him 7* without Bossk (mine is only6*) Boba (L) full G12 arena like mods, Dengar G11 almost full potency sets, Zam g11 full potency set, cad g11 full potency sets and greedo CD and CC set. Apart from boba none of these is super fast. If you want to know any specifics ask.

Detailed Squad:
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/106259/

Well ****, I have not heard of single person (till you) get Chewy without Bossk and your not loaded with zetas either.
    I'm running the same squad with IG instead of Zam and their all g12 except for Cad who I didnt bring up to g11 since it seemed hopeless anyways.

I know its a lot to remember but do you recall how many members you had standing after the rebels barrage of 10 hits and if Zam is absolutely integral for this lineup to work?
    Post edited by Dhuriya24 on
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I love it when a crazy hard event turns up there is a brand new poster to the forums.. (last check OP been here all of 4 times) that turns the tide and praises CG as opposed to all the negative posts...

I'm sure just a coincidence of course...

Oh and edit was there first ever post..
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    I love it when a crazy hard event turns up there is a brand new poster to the forums.. (last check OP been here all of 4 times) that turns the tide and praises CG as opposed to all the negative posts...

Yep....funny coincidence isn’t it? It surely couldn’t be a developer trying to change the narrative right? 😂
  • Options
    I panic farmed Bounty Hunters the 10 days leading up to the event. Very happy that wasn't enough to unlock Chewie on day 1. The Legendary characters should be hard to get, not free. Gives me something to work toward for next time he comes around. If everyone had access to all the characters then half of the reason I love this game would be gone.
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

Yeah sure cause you would never find a complaint post from someone with no previous messages, ever. Oh wait you would. Guess you love it too.
  • Options
    When I first started grinding it out this morning I was really discouraged after about 40 attempts and not being able to beat T5, but after some mod management and a few more pieces of equipment I was able to unlock him and I must say it was a lot more gratifying to actually put some effort in! Not only that but my shard won't be flooded with rebels in the morning haha!
  • Options
    The state of the game when legendaries were introduced back then was different.

It has been a year since the last legendary and since that one year our roster for many of the older players is vastly more geared. Iam almost sure g10 is almost the norm for many “core” characters especially ones needed for TB, which the bounty’s are.

Thrawn the hardest legendary, was a release right after Phoenix Squad release, the panic farm, state of gear of them, made a g8-10 very tough and hard to get in time. Most non-Krakens couldn’t. PS Squad is also heavily in carb and stun guns, much more than BH.

Fast forward to last quarter of 2018, where, exactly in the one year anniversry of TB (though not Darkside TB, where bounty’s are required), most people should have farmed bounty’s to 6-7 stars to compete for DS TB. Added to that the original bounties have been there for ages. Add to that, HSTR has raised the overall gear cap significantly. All these factors will make future legendaries, like it or not, much harder from now on. Simply said one year ago 1.5 mil GP was the average now, it’s close to 2.2 mil gp for the majority of HSTR guilds, and there are many now who are on that level. Anyone else who can’t do that level yet, isn’t worthy of a 2018 legendary.
  • Options
    Since the devs only read posts like OP....

No matter how you feel about the event PLEASE in the future of all these stupid RNG 50 restarts 100 restarts event nonsense Please make it like a raid that when you restart we dont have to keep watching the animation over and over and over again.... QOL QOL
  • Options
    I liked it. Only got through T5, but that unlocked him so I'm happy enough. I like Bounty Hunters, so I've put some time into them but have always had other things take priority eventually. As is, I have a few at G11 and G10, but the rest at G9. So I should be able to finish the event the next time it goes around.

I like a harder event like this. Playing the Yoda and Palpatine events now that they're repeatable is... Well, thankfully you can sim the first part. Wish you could sim the second--I mean, if my jedi can beat Yoda, my Resistance can do it faster and better, just let me sim. But this whole thing was a fun little challenge that I look forward to doing again in a couple months.

Also, like... We're all in agreement that Return of the Jedi Luke is coming in a couple months, right?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Chewie will swing things back to Rebels. Then a Darth Revan Legendary will swing things back to Sith. Then a Jedi Luke Hero’s Journey will swing it back again.
  • Options
    Except if they swing it between these factions you will have them fully geared now unlikely before iterations where it was wholly new factions.

At maximum you will have only one new lead that makes the swing - meaning you only have to gear one char, instead of 5. So it won’t be hard or massive swings. More likely to go into scroundrel/kotor/separatist swings in the future to make you gear other factions.

Like the meta was wiggs, Chaze, zaul, rex, cls, zarris/gk, Titans, ns, palp, jtr, sith, jedi - it was for most the most parts completely new teams requiring 4-5 different chars to form a meta team. They might release new chars to do that (kotor/bh/scroundels) and make a new leader that will make that faction viable = thus making more money due to having to gear those chars up. The above meta chars are all g12 for me already for example, every single one of them and their support chars are now g12 in my roster.
  • Options
    It was really tough, and I was frustrated with it while I was trying to beat it. But when the stars aligned and I finally got that perfect rng, the victory was that much sweeter. I’m not sure I would have appreciated the conquest without the seemingly impossible fight
  • Options
    Twopac187 wrote: »
    It was really tough, and I was frustrated with it while I was trying to beat it. But when the stars aligned and I finally got that perfect rng, the victory was that much sweeter. I’m not sure I would have appreciated the conquest without the seemingly impossible fight

Someone's taking the challenge in the spirit it was meant! Well done you, you did better than me...this time!
  • Aramil66
    24 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    We have never seen a toon promoted like bossk or faction like bounty hunters in this game.

There are 3 BH missions in dark TB asking you to build your BH for 10 months now. They made bossk and his zeta so that he improves a useless and frigile faction to one of the most dangerous offensively and to one of the most durable defensively. They added faction bonuses to TW making bounty hunters one of the best defense teams months ago. They added BH exclusive bounties before summer, bounties rewarding rare shards and additional free gems. They released bossk to a hard node at start of July. They said new legendary events are coming two months ago while periodically releasing new bounty hunters and reworking old ones over the summer. They added hound, most op ship ever which hit fleet arena hard and which operates perfectly fine at 3/4 stars and a maxed pilot.

With every release, rework, update and event they said BH event is coming and it will be challenging.

I was expecting Jango as BH legendary though. Chewie has been a nice suprise.
  • Options

Raid Han isn’t lonely anymore ! Thanks CG. And I enjoyed the challenge of the event. Glad it wasn’t a cake walk event. Glad it had to be where someone invested in their BH’s

al3obwnkpko7.png