Few questions about mods.

SmilinStonee
195 posts Member
edited September 2018
Im not new by any means, just have not fully grasped the mod update. Have a few questions regarding loadouts. Would test myself but incase its different from what i believe it to be, rather ask first than have to struggle.

If i create a loadout with already assigned mods (a loadout made from mods on different characters), will they remain on said toons or will they be only available as that single loadout?

If i use this loadout on a toon, will the mods return back to the original assigned place or would i have to do that manually?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Replies

• Loadout moves are manually triggered and cost credits each time.
  • I understand that clearly, but you really missed the question. Im speaking in terms of creating one in the first question. Secondly, would i have to reassing the mods which are a part of the loadout back to their original toons? Aka if i make a load out and use it, is there a way to return the mods back to original location without having to assign them back individually.
  • Im not new by any means, just have not fully grasped the mod update. Have a few questions regarding loadouts. Would test myself but incase its different from what i believe it to be, rather ask first than have to struggle.

If i create a loadout with already assigned mods (a loadout made from mods on different characters), will they remain on said toons or will they be only available as that single loadout?

If i use this loadout on a toon, will the mods return back to the original assigned place or would i have to do that manually?

Thank you for your help in advance.

You can create a loadout without actually assigning a mod to a character. The mods in the loadout may be currently assigned to a character or unassigned. You can create a loadout for free, no credits required.

Go to your character inventory. Tap the "Mods" button. At the bottom of the screen, tap "Loadouts." You can create as many tabs here as you want to help you keep track of your loadouts; I have separate tabs for Arena, AAT, etc. Within the tab, tap the "Create New Loadout" button. This pulls up a loadout build screen ... should look familiar to you.

You may select any mod in your inventory to this loadout. If you select a mod that is already assigned to a character that is okay, the mod is not removed from that character in the loadout. When you are happy with your selections, you may save your loadout by exiting the screen (tap the back arrow in the upper left corner). You may also name your loadout by tapping the pencil icon next to the existing name ("Mod Loadout 1").

When you use the loadout to assign mods to a character, all the mods in the loadout are temporarily removed from the existing character assignments (if any) and placed on your active character. This part is still free of credit costs; you may use the loadout to get a preview of what it will do to your character stats.

If you are happy with how the loadout looks on your character, you may confirm the changes, and this is the part that will cost credits. This is also the point where all mods in the loadout are removed from their existing assignments and put on your character.

If you want to put those mods back on the characters they used to be on, you should make a loadout for that character before you move them. Go to your character's mod management screen and tap "Assign Loadout" and then tap "Create Loadout From" which should have a pic of your active character in it. It will pull up the loadout screen with all of your character's mods in it, and will name the loadout after your character. Save the loadout. It will cost you 0 credits to generate a loadout like this.

cheers
  • Thank you @EventineElessedil , you answered excatly what i was looking for. Guess i better get those current mods set on characters into loadouts first, and then the ones i want to use together for special occassions.

Topic can be closed. Thank you all.