Let us choose our characters skill use priority!

Smapty
1260 posts Member
edited September 2018
It would maybe be difficult to implement?

But wouldn’t it be cool if you could assign a rank to your characters skills to be used in that priority by the AI?

Think of the possibilities!!!

Like if I wanted R2 to use burn first instead of smoke screen... and then smoke screen as his second attack...

Just assign an number to the skill and the AI would use it when available... if it was the highest prioritized skill...

Can this happen? Could they make it “a thing”

Man it would be Amazing... you could choreograph your team to act like you want them to on defense.

How hard would it really be to make a reality? Make it happen CG?

Replies

• Options
    I realize some skills are used situationally... like a cleanse or resurrect....

Maybe a “when conditions apply” clause?

It’s already in the coding...
  • Options
    Would be wonderful, but CG does not want squads to be too effective on defense...I mean...Thrawn giving TM to a fractured EP is completely stupid and could be fixed with a one-liner...
  • Options
    So a game without RNG.

HOW IS CG SUPPOSED TO SELL ANYTHING.

Sincerely
    Watto
  • Options
    Yeah this would be great. Would love it if Rex used his TM first, instead of only when debuffs are present.
    But defense is how CG controls the meta.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »

wouldn't that make it overly complicated for players?
    Also, it would make offense a whole lot more difficult, wich is not something the devs want judging by the current state. I also assume that the overwhelming majority of the playerbase doesn't want that either, not even if they can set a better def team because of it.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »

Also, it would make offense a whole lot more difficult, wich is not something the devs want judging by the current state. I also assume that the overwhelming majority of the playerbase doesn't want that either, not even if they can set a better def team because of it.
    Boov wrote: »

The way I would do it, this would be optional. Players can play with the move priority, otherwise nothing changes.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    They've already declined this idea in the past.

The idea is that opponents would become to unpredictable and it would be a bad user experience.

I think it would be neat but too complicated for too many players. As stated, half weren't even using mods so I doubt they'd present abilities very well either.

I realize I’m in the majority, but defensive attack parameters would be so fun for me. I’d love not only deciding skill priority but target priority and conditions as well. Imagine how much better Han would be on defense if you could list specific target priorities for him.
  • Options
    Creating conditional ordering of AI actions while on defense or auto is possible, yes. The UI would be a pain to develop. However, I recall Final Fantasy XII using a customizable active battle system called Gambits that worked similar.

If they could make the assignments of conditions understandable to people unfamiliar with creating algorithms, I say go for it.
  • Options
    Self-coding our defense sounds fun with endless possibilities
    TIE Silencer: when has advantage, fire torpedoes
    Count Dooku: when Jedi enemy, use lightning on them
    Savage: when less than 25% = kill
    Palp: when low Ally health, use health steal
    Nilhus: target largest health
    Yoda: steal buffs from character with most
    Etc.
  • Options
    Just add live pvp ...human vs human battles. Since like any serious multiplay game is human vs human.....yes i know that will never happen in a million years but the game would be better built on that added feature