Fleet arena: I don't understand one thing....

AleSahnDroh_1979
950 posts Member
edited September 2018
My rank is quite stable for weeks, 25-50th, I use to win on offense and hold that positions on defence.
Sometimes I have a great day, use 50 crystals for a refresh, and climb to 5th-12th at payout.
Then, the plot is always the same, I saw this always the same in the last 4 months.
- Immediately I fall to 40-50th in 2-3 hours. Ok, I could undestand this, high ranking players want to kick off the "stranger".
- In the following day I become unable to win, losing 3-5 of my daily attempts, and my ranking easily falls to 60-70th.
If I like cospiracy theories, I would say that the game try to force me to spend crystal to refresh in the attempt to climb.... but I've jet seen that it would be a wasted effort, since that one is a "you cannot win at all!" day ;-)

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There can be multiple factors at play, one there is always RNG that will play into your wins. It is not a guarantee you will beat the same person each time.

Maybe your other shard mates are upgrading and changing lineup.

• Options
    Are you continuing to upgrade your arena fleet? What is your lineup?

It sounds like you have an active and competitive shard.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Are you continuing to upgrade your arena fleet? What is your lineup?

It sounds like you have an active and competitive shard.

Yes... very competitive (I play from launch).
    Of course I continue to upgrade my fleet; it is:
    Chimaera all maxed, speed 155 (Thrawn g12+3, ZZ, 4 mods VI).
    Tie fighter (all omegas, pilot g12+1), Tie Advanced (all omegas, pilot ZZ g12+3), Biggs ship (all omegas, pilot g12.
    Reinforcement (reinforcement ability maxed for all but Tie Reaper):
    Slave 1 (all omegas, pilot g12), Scimitar (some omegas, pilot g11), Tie Reaper (both pilots g11), Phantom (Ezra g11, Sabine and Chopper g10).
    Of course all mods are 5* (except for Thrawn)
  • Options
    Impressive. Most impressive. :)

Have you tried swapping out your capital ship? I hear Executrix is strong on defense.

Your starting fighter lineup is strong but well known which means people know how to counter it. You might try experimenting with other ship combinations.
  • Options
    That's like the old meta and pretty RNG dependant.
  • Options
    Could be that, as much as people hate ships 2.0, some days they don't feel like doing more than the 1 minimum battle to get their dailies done. Other days they are bored and just want to run a couple. Or even, they got knocked down and wanted to climb back up as well and you drew the short straw.

There are a lot of days I hit my one fleet run and leave it at that. If I can hit top 20 then I'll do a run to get up there, but usually get knocked back down after my payout. (A lot of people on my fleet shard have a payout the hour after mine.)

But yes, there are days where I can't win for anything against fleets I beat the crap out of easily. The RNG has a say in every single thing you do. That's without even getting into the fact the AI cheats and gives itself bonuses and boosts. ;-)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Could be that, as much as people hate ships 2.0, some days they don't feel like doing more than the 1 minimum battle to get their dailies done. Other days they are bored and just want to run a couple. Or even, they got knocked down and wanted to climb back up as well and you drew the short straw.

There are a lot of days I hit my one fleet run and leave it at that.

It's this. Several people in my fleet shard have said the same. Ships 2.0 was possibly the single worst "update" in the almost 3 year history of this game. Many people in my ship shard chat have either quit the game completely, or simply stopped playing fleet more than "just enough". I used to refresh every day prior to 2.0. I stopped. I haven't refreshed in months and rarely even use all 5 of my battles now.

2.0 was simply CG's way of manipulating the meta, making fleet more RNG based. It's boring and lame now.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*