Favourite characters and gear in stores

UdalCuain
4996 posts Member
edited September 2018
Hey,

I'm sure people are aware, when a character is flagged as a favourite the gear they require is marked with a flag in the stores.

However, more than once there has been bug reports put in over at Answers HQ because G12 "stepping stone" gear doesn't get flagged if the character is below 7*.

While this is undoubtedly WAI (because the character can't actually use the piece due to being below the 7* requirement), it would be handy for them still to be flagged to help those planning ahead. Perhaps with the same mark used for favourited characters only slightly greyed out.

To be clear, this is just for favourited characters, not for all non-favourited characters below 7*.

Replies

• Here here! But just to make it even less complicated, I don't think the flag needs to be greyed out. If it is a favourite, then it is a focus to gear. The only counter that I can see is if someone blindly purchased gear for the 6* character, then be upset realizing they purchased it but can't use it and would have preferred to spend the tokens elsewhere.
    Of course the greyed out flag would be helpful, but if it is too complicated (or confusing) to do then I would still apply the flag because
    1) I don't think people would blindly purchase gear. They would do what I do, click on it and see who needs it. Then click on the one they want to target which would get them to the note (in tiny type) that the item cannot but used at the current star level.
    2) Even if they failed to see the note (as I did originally) and purchase anyway, then they are in the same boat as people that didn't realize the character needed it, just in the reverse. In other words, the same problem but the difference is the item is there when ready for use. That is a plus.
    3) Perhaps the biggest advantage is not that I don't buy the piece, but that I don't use it on someone else forgetting that I was saving it for my favourite. That is a big one.
    4) The greater good out weighs the little bad. Favourites are a focus. The flags are there to help us with the goal to focus on them. I would be much more upset knowing that my favourite character needed a complicated and very hard to farm gear piece when he is ready, then getting it when he is not.
    I know there is a laundry list of wants, a list of bugs and who knows what else on your plates. However, it seems like a simple piece of code to simply turn on the flag IF it is labeled as a favourite. Thanks for listening!
  • I'm bumping this because it has been an issue for a very long time.

Current evidence: My 6* Gear XI Traya is flagged as a Favorite, but because I can't put a Mk 6 Arakyd Droid Caller or Mk 8 Loronar Power Cell on her until 7*, none of the components of these gear pieces are flagged anywhere. I want to gather and save gear so that I can take Traya to Gear XII as soon as she is 7*. So, every time I invest gear in someone else, I have to double-check to make sure I'm not using one of the several rare components I'll need to do that -- but I haven't always done that since it's super tedious, so I've already used some of the gear elsewhere. :/
    ...also phaserbrain on YouTube and Twitch, but phaser_brain on reddit; 612-693-174
  • Same problem with a 6* Bastilla Fallen that I want to gear as soon as she hits 7*.