Omega crunch is real

Replies

• Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I’m opposite of Kyno- I live band to mouth in this game.
    I never have enough omegas lol but they are showing up more. Those crazy mythics, weekly shipments.

I like that omegas are kind of the stranglehold for zetas. But more is always nice! But you can get some. Like the omega events today - it may be worth it to refresh that tier. You can buy them in fleet shop - but let’s be serious we don’t even want to buy ships in fleet lol

TW does help. It’s a nice splurge of them.

TW would be the perfect place for them. The winning guild should get 10 more or so at the highest go bracket and scale down from there.

I kinda think (baseless speculation) that with the match up problems and just the amount of gp growing - that we will see more tiers I. TW. Problem with this is- those larger gp guilds will be having tons of omegas. But at the same time- they are more likely to buy them too - being whales and etc.
  • Options
    I’m opposite of Kyno- I live band to mouth in this game.
    I never have enough omegas lol but they are showing up more. Those crazy mythics, weekly shipments.

I like that omegas are kind of the stranglehold for zetas. But more is always nice! But you can get some. Like the omega events today - it may be worth it to refresh that tier. You can buy them in fleet shop - but let’s be serious we don’t even want to buy ships in fleet lol

TW does help. It’s a nice splurge of them.

TW would be the perfect place for them. The winning guild should get 10 more or so at the highest go bracket and scale down from there.

I kinda think (baseless speculation) that with the match up problems and just the amount of gp growing - that we will see more tiers I. TW. Problem with this is- those larger gp guilds will be having tons of omegas. But at the same time- they are more likely to buy them too - being whales and etc.

They also need more omegas. Takes awhile to omega a full Ewok squad.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

There are ways around any crunch.

That being said, we have seen a lot of gear love going on with various nee sources being offered. With any hope we will see the same thing start to happen to ability materials.

Nice.... But you haven't "found your way around a crunch"..... If anything, you just illustrated the issue.... You don't have near enough omega to use half of those Zetas (and I am being generous here ...)
  • Options
    Yeah...I never thought I'd see the day when I had more Zetas than Omegas. That day was two weeks ago.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Options
    I always have plenty of omegas. I just don't waste them on every ability.

You can tell who doesn’t have a strong GP by how many omegas they have. Whenever somebody mentions they have enough omegas it tells you that they suck at TW 100%.

Someone will tell you they always win, and something called strategy lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

That being said, we have seen a lot of gear love going on with various nee sources being offered. With any hope we will see the same thing start to happen to ability materials.

Nice.... But you haven't "found your way around a crunch"..... If anything, you just illustrated the issue.... You don't have near enough omega to use half of those Zetas (and I am being generous here ...)

If I dont "the wall" and I can progress in the game and not be frustrated, then yes I have found a way around the crunch.
  • Options
    Basics shouldn't require omegas to be maxed. On squads of 5 that would create a "max 4 get the 5th free" feeling that would ease the crunch.
  • Options
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

Saving some Omega and Zeta by not upgrading your characters is not a way around a crunch. You are simply not upgrading your characters. The crunch is real right now because of how many new characters they have released. If you are an avid player, then you find yourself not able to keep pace with the game no matter what you do. People want to upgrade their solo and old republic squads to prepare for new content and can't. I have 4.3 mil GP and I feel the crunch right now too.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

If I dont "the wall" and I can progress in the game and not be frustrated, then yes I have found a way around the crunch.

Not doing anything isn't finding a way around a crunch.... That's like saying you have to get to a concert, but there is a traffic jam and you found your way around the traffic jam by staying home and wasting your tickets..... All of that inventory you aren't using is a waste.... I can see having a few on hand, but having that many sitting there doing nothing means you could likely be doing more to help your guild out..... Jmop
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nofaultius wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

Saving some Omega and Zeta by not upgrading your characters is not a way around a crunch. You are simply not upgrading your characters. The crunch is real right now because of how many new characters they have released. If you are an avid player, then you find yourself not able to keep pace with the game no matter what you do. People want to upgrade their solo and old republic squads to prepare for new content and can't. I have 4.3 mil GP and I feel the crunch right now too.

You dont need everyone. You dont need them all maxed.

The name of the game is staying flexible to be able to make the moves you need when you need them and keeping up as much as you can.

https://swgoh.gg/p/663661252/

I'm doing ok on my upgrades. I also get to make choices I want, even if I dont need them, when I like a character and think that I can make use of them.

Keeping up with speculation isnt all its cracked up to be, if you want to be ready for everything that could come, be a kraken. If you want to be able to play and keep flexible to make sure you can make things happen, there is a way to do that too, and it doesnt always involve spending money.
  • Options
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

The name of the game is staying flexible to be able to make the moves you need when you need them and keeping up as much as you can.

I'm doing ok on my upgrades. I also get to make choices I want, even if I dont need them, when I like a character and think that I can make use of them.

Keeping up with speculation isnt all its cracked up to be, if you want to be ready for everything that could come, be a kraken. If you want to be able to play and keep flexible to make sure you can make things happen, there is a way to do that too, and it doesnt always involve spending money.

If you are a kraken you are still short on omegas. They are kraken proof
  • Options
    It's a resource management game. I get it. But it's also about advancement, and it's a little out of the 'spirit of the game' for the newest content - Zeta's - to become less valuable then older content - omega's - no?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

If you are a kraken you are still short on omegas. They are kraken proof

Maybe whale proof, but you can burn insane amounts of energy and get them if you have the resources to do so. They are the unicorn of cantina drops, but it can be done if you so choose.
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    If my count is correct I currently need 754 Mk III and 1035 omegas to finish off all toons non-zeta abilities (minus Probe Droid and Traya since they are the last two toons I need to unlock). Granted I don't need to max every toon, but it is a bit of a goal post.

I start saving omegas once I hit 10 zetas, then I save Mk III's once I hit 15. That generally works for me. I just put my 31st zeta on Chewie this morning so I am collecting again to up his other abilities and finish off Zombies new ability. Then I need to finish out BH abilities and contracts. Then I'll look at the subpar characters that need ability increase. I'll be happy if I can get to a point where I can horde Mk III's.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

Does your guild get all stars during TB’s? Does your guild always win TW’s? That held back GP could make the difference. I understand saving, I do as well, just not that much!

I do my part and work the best I can with my roster, the little GP those would add wouldn't make up any difference. I usually dont have this much, but there is a lot of uncertainty and I dont play speculation that hard with rare resources.
  • Options
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

Does your guild get all stars during TB’s? Does your guild always win TW’s? That held back GP could make the difference. I understand saving, I do as well, just not that much!

I do my part and work the best I can with my roster, the little GP those would add wouldn't make up any difference. I usually dont have this much, but there is a lot of uncertainty and I dont play speculation that hard with rare resources.

The GP would make a difference if everybody in your guild held that many in reserves. Every defense you guild sets could have another zeta on it. That’s a big change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

The GP would make a difference if everybody in your guild held that many in reserves. Every defense you guild sets could have another zeta on it. That’s a big change.

We can agree to disagree. Having the right teams to place and counter is key. If everyone balances and does there part you can easily win. No need for anyone to extend too far if we all do our part.
  • Options
    Been talking about the omega crunch since 6 months ago. No one listens... It's fine. They made the game.
  • Options
    I'm in the opposite camp right now. 0 zetas (just used my first 20), 0 purple mats, and 177 Omegas.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe im too new... but i feel the crunch on purple ability mats too. I never have enough of those.

I never have enough omegas either but i need the purple to get to the omega
  • Options
    I call it the "No-mega Drought". LOL!!!

At this moment, I got 10 Omegas, and 67 Zetas.

So far in the game I have 9 Toons, only Mother Talzin has been Zeta'd twice.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Options
    If you want omega, just buy them in their omega event pack. Don't wait for anything else from EA or CG. It's a P2W game after all.
  • Options
    If you want something essential to the game, just pay money!

Did EA pay you to say that??
  • Options
    If you want something essential to the game, just pay money!

Did EA pay you to say that??

I beleive it was sarcasm , lol
  • Options
    Skills needing 13-16 omegas is atrociously expensive. Which smart Alec was the one who decided that that made sense!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

Its like saying there is no credit crunch because I've seen some people with 20 million or 5 carbanti's crafted

I'm happy to see that you are able to save up your omegas, and I'm not trying to sound condescending but you are just a small subset. Try asking your guild if anyone is running low on omegas. Its like the Mk 8 gold balls challenge gear. People are starting to feel the omega crunch gradually, and then ask again in a month and then two months and take note on the number of people that are low on omegas in that 3 month difference. Not everyone is omega'ing every toon and they are still running low. Supply is less than the demand. I think the most effective way to realize is asking your own guild mates (50 is a good sample size to begin with) and unlike this thread where the ones that are affected the most are going to be the most vocal. Its a growing concern
  • Options
    The strategy of not upgrading anything for 5 years in order to *save up* materials you might need later on means that for 5 years you chose to play at severely reduced capacity. You might as well select not to equip any mods until you have half a million of them to be able to select the *best of the best* and not mistakenly scrapping one that might end up being useful, and keeping all your toons at level 1 until you have 5 trillion gold so you can decide what to level.

Of course such a strategy is ok, as long as you are perfectly happy of sitting there doing nothing and expecting your guild to generate returns for you while you never contribute at all. However, any such player is a waste to have in a collective game, and in fact is harming everyone else.
  • Trias
    64 posts Member
    Options
    gufu21 wrote: »
    Seriously. I'm sitting on about 85 zeta pieces, and I have 0 omegas. Something about this is very out of whack.

You do realize that you CAN spend your fleet arena tokens on omega mats instead of zeta mats?