Omega crunch is real

13Next

Replies

• Trias wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »
    Seriously. I'm sitting on about 85 zeta pieces, and I have 0 omegas. Something about this is very out of whack.

You do realize that you CAN spend your fleet arena tokens on omega mats instead of zeta mats?

Yes.... 1500 fleet tokens for a single omega that is worth 1/13th of a 2000 token zeta is a great value.....
  • Unfortunately the Omega crunch has been real for a long time and that's why I buy the Ability materials pack whenever it appears.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Omega crunch has been real for a long time and that's why I buy the Ability materials pack whenever it appears.

^^ WAI. ‘‘Tis the point. Also so people aren’t just gearing zetas left and right.

It’s harder to save omegas now because we have strong speculation that these marquees will be needed for something more.

Anytime you start beefing up a new faction- it drains all your resources. Purple ability mats as well.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Trias wrote: »
    Seriously. I'm sitting on about 85 zeta pieces, and I have 0 omegas. Something about this is very out of whack.

You do realize that you CAN spend your fleet arena tokens on omega mats instead of zeta mats?

Yes.... 1500 fleet tokens for a single omega that is worth 1/13th of a 2000 token zeta is a great value.....

But then don't complain about have a gazillion zeta mats and 0 omega mats. They are there for you to get.

(Also enlighten me, in what sense is a single omega mat worth 1/13th of a single zeta mat? )
  • Trias wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

But then don't complain about have a gazillion zeta mats and 0 omega mats. They are there for you to get.

(Also enlighten me, in what sense is a single omega mat worth 1/13th of a single zeta mat? )

Only if you enlighten me as to who has a "gazillion" zeta mats...... :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

There are ways around any crunch.

That being said, we have seen a lot of gear love going on with various nee sources being offered. With any hope we will see the same thing start to happen to ability materials.
    Its like saying there is no credit crunch because I've seen some people with 20 million or 5 carbanti's crafted

I'm happy to see that you are able to save up your omegas, and I'm not trying to sound condescending but you are just a small subset. Try asking your guild if anyone is running low on omegas. Its like the Mk 8 gold balls challenge gear. People are starting to feel the omega crunch gradually, and then ask again in a month and then two months and take note on the number of people that are low on omegas in that 3 month difference. Not everyone is omega'ing every toon and they are still running low. Supply is less than the demand. I think the most effective way to realize is asking your own guild mates (50 is a good sample size to begin with) and unlike this thread where the ones that are affected the most are going to be the most vocal. Its a growing concern

Supply is supposed to be less than demand, the game is about managing your resources. All I was trying to show is that if you dont play like many here are suggesting, that you can stay ahead if the curve.

I do speak to my guild, and many in my alliance, I'm not saying that there is not a bottle neck, I'm saying that you can manage to have a good roster and stay flexible to handle what's coming up next. That's where talking helps, figure out what others have and see if strategy can overcome a max basic or other ability.

We see here, worry about a little GP for TB, or having every counter maxed for TW. Those are good concerns to have, but then you will suffer somewhere else. If you want to have it all right now then its $$$.

Everything is a balance, there are times where things are not needed and if you can avoid them you will be happier.
  • Franimus wrote: »
    As a rule of thumb, I stop spending omegas when I have 10+ zetas on hand. Seems to come out to being able to spend my zetas right around when I hit 20. But I'm also not spending a ton of fleet currency on zetas, and I only get 1 Zeta per tw.

I do the same
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

Only if you enlighten me as to who has a "gazillion" zeta mats...... :)

The quote I was responding to originally was complaining about having 85 zeta mats and no omegas...
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018

I actually have switched to buying omega mats from fleet between tw and different events zetas have a steady supply. right now I'm buying a 80/20 split leaning omega.
  • There is a problem when I am choosing omegas over g12+ and zeta mats
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Olddumper wrote: »

I actually have switched to buying omega mats from fleet between tw and different events zetas have a steady supply. right now I'm buying a 80/20 split leaning omega.

Yeah someone in my guild pointed this out, the balance of income to usage does lean towards zetas because omegas are used for other things, not just full zetas. I still cant bring myself to do that, because they are so expensive.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yeah someone in my guild pointed this out, the balance of income to usage does lean towards zetas because omegas are used for other things, not just full zetas. I still cant bring myself to do that, because they are so expensive.

Kind of where I am at as well..... Did all 3 ability mats challenges today and got squat... GW, nothing.... Just my one from dailies....
  • Kyno wrote: »

I basically farm it so I always have 1 or 2 zetas worth of zeta mats around and then I switch back to omegas.
  • It would be great to get a new tier in challenges to guarantee omega drops
  • Part of the issue is for older players omegas were around way before zetas so you got a lot of the omega crunch out of the way. For newer players the original omega crunch exists along with the zeta crunch which da da da da requires 2-3 omega abilities worth of materials. You're essentially left with half a player base that has no issues with omegas (old players) and half a player base that struggles with omegas (newer players). Maybe increasing the farming ability of omegas would help out slightly with this crunch. Lets be honest, zetas are the real make or break ability upgrades. Omegas are still valuable but shouldn't be as hard to get and as few as the currently are.
  • Pervysage wrote: »
    Part of the issue is for older players omegas were around way before zetas so you got a lot of the omega crunch out of the way. For newer players the original omega crunch exists along with the zeta crunch which da da da da requires 2-3 omega abilities worth of materials. You're essentially left with half a player base that has no issues with omegas (old players) and half a player base that struggles with omegas (newer players). Maybe increasing the farming ability of omegas would help out slightly with this crunch. Lets be honest, zetas are the real make or break ability upgrades. Omegas are still valuable but shouldn't be as hard to get and as few as the currently are.

While a good summation, I disagree slightly, even old players, or elder players , or launch players, however you wish to describe them, have had omegas a little longer, but not that much, and still have the same issues of trying to find omegas for skills and zetas. It’s not strictly a newer player problem.

An increase , that is noticeable or defineable, would be a nice gesture to all players, and appreciated by everyone.
  • I'm a Feb ' 16 player and also face this omega crunch. In the past there wasn't a daily reward of omegas so we just save whatever we can to gear skills up.

There after came zetas which requires 13-16 of omegas which really hurt everyone... Old or new.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pervysage wrote: »
    Part of the issue is for older players omegas were around way before zetas so you got a lot of the omega crunch out of the way. For newer players the original omega crunch exists along with the zeta crunch which da da da da requires 2-3 omega abilities worth of materials. You're essentially left with half a player base that has no issues with omegas (old players) and half a player base that struggles with omegas (newer players). Maybe increasing the farming ability of omegas would help out slightly with this crunch. Lets be honest, zetas are the real make or break ability upgrades. Omegas are still valuable but shouldn't be as hard to get and as few as the currently are.

Everyone suffers from the bottleneck. older players have many characters that have used resources we would love to have back. being around longer doesn't make anyone immune to anything.
  • I have 60 zeta mats and 26 omegas. Im tempted to toss them all to chewie and be broke, but with a possible legendary event coming, I'd be dumb to do this now. (I get that it is a choice, but would you be willing to give up a legendary character to zeta a g11 chewie for non-arena purposes) I'm not.

I was hoping we could buy omegas for ally points this week, but no such luck.

Side note, I've been playing for 2 years now and I'm a dolphin with 3.1M GP. I doubt the crunch will ever subside at the rate they release characters.
  • I doubt the crunch will ever subside at the rate they release characters.

This is all that really needs to be said at the rate we farm characters from other places in the game we will never have enough omega's unless you start ignoring entire release cycles and factions you will be crunched. Its like you can do BH or SC but not both. You can do Kotor / Whatever comes after that but not both.
  • Used to get like at least 1 omega a week from gw too. Not sure if they decrease this rate when I haven't gotten one in 2 months.
  • I've had a run of bad luck lately, that's all, several ability mat days over the last 3-4 weeks I've had no omegas drop.

However; that's countered by having 1-2 drop from Vet Han's node each week. So I'll take it. It'll even out in the end. No rush.
  • I got lucky today, if this could happen more often, I'd be happy.
    k45mnyn2ss62.jpg
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Are people really complaining about Kylos resource management? He has an inventory that let's him max ability characters as needed. There are plenty of characters that do not need their abilities upgraded at this time.

I'd do the same thing if my OCD of removing the red update dots didn't consume me, but I suppose that's a personal problem.

LMAO. Me too!