Chewy Arena Success?

Prev13
Austin9370
1509 posts Member
edited September 2018
For those trying to run Chewy in Arena, how is that going? My wookiee is gear VIII at the moment so I haven't been able to test him. The team I've seen is CLS, Raid Han, R2D2, L3-37 paired with Chewy.

I'm thinking of throwing all my gear to get this team going assuming it is arena worthy.

Replies

• I’m jealous of that C-3PO.
  • Mcmole posted on reddit that they drop like a rock on defense in arena so if i was you i would wait a few days before going all in on them.
  • Heard some people are running Han/Chewie under a triumvirate lead with success
  • The teams I am seeing are what you’re suggesting and there are 5 in top 50 on my shard with 2 in top ten
  • Which squad do you use? I beat that Chewie squad with 4 different comps
  • A rebel team is at top spot in my november 2015 shard. There are two of them in the top ten and they are identical:
    CLS(L), raid Han, Chewie, Old Ben and Enfys Nest
  • Mcmole posted on reddit that they drop like a rock on defense in arena so if i was you i would wait a few days before going all in on them.

But that could just be because people wanna practice against them.

Give them a couple days at least :)
  • There's a zzzCLS, zzR2, zzChewbacca, zHan, GK (all g12) on my shard, and he was ranked 2, now 17. He does drop, but that's to be expected since everyone wants to try to beat it. I beat it with my Palp, Sion, Traya, Nihilus, Nest team, but it seemed to be very strong on defense. It did tons of dmg to me, but fortunately I managed to beat it in the end. I'm sure he wins everything on offense though. I think it will become the new meta.

Will change to rebels too, once my Chewie gets to g10.
  • plindboe wrote: »
    There's a zzzCLS, zzR2, zzChewbacca, zHan, GK (all g12) on my shard, and he was ranked 2, now 17. He does drop, but that's to be expected since everyone wants to try to beat it. I beat it with my Palp, Sion, Traya, Nihilus, Nest team, but it seemed to be very strong on defense. It did tons of dmg to me, but fortunately I managed to beat it in the end. I'm sure he wins everything on offense though. I think it will become the new meta.

Will change to rebels too, once my Chewie gets to g10.

People are like “Shiny new whalebacca huh? time to show how much hes worth it”
  • I get same feeling being only jango squad on server. Also we have no chewies setup...its a tidal wave of trayas
  • Maztoras wrote: »
    I get same feeling being only jango squad on server. Also we have no chewies setup...its a tidal wave of trayas

I run Jango in arena and don’t drop past 16 and I get that because shardmate need their payout too so always top 5 at payout for me.
  • I have been trying to use chewie for past couple days. I am testing versus completely maxed teams. I’m talking all g12 pieces and mostly 6e mods on the key chars. The best setup I have found is the cls/chewie/han/r2/l3. It defends very successfully vs the maxed EP lead/traya teams but traya leads if they are maxed are really tough to beat on offense especially the nest/trooper combo and would just walk through on defense.

The problem is chewie is getting killed early even on offense by traya. Traya almost always pops him early. My g12 chewie is only short one of he weaker g12 pieces he is 4/5. I can’t see anything at this point helping prevent that.

So in the end a team that cannot atleast give a little bit of a fight to traya lead isn’t worth much in arena considering most of our shards are filled with those teams.

I am frustrated with the game changer videos for sure this time around. In my opinion chewie was made out/advertised to be a lot stronger and more “game changing” then he actually is. Just another TW/TB character it seems.
  • Hotsauce wrote: »
    I have been trying to use chewie for past couple days. I am testing versus completely maxed teams. I’m talking all g12 pieces and mostly 6e mods on the key chars. The best setup I have found is the cls/chewie/han/r2/l3. It defends very successfully vs the maxed EP lead/traya teams but traya leads if they are maxed are really tough to beat on offense especially the nest/trooper combo and would just walk through on defense.

The problem is chewie is getting killed early even on offense by traya. Traya almost always pops him early. My g12 chewie is only short one of he weaker g12 pieces he is 4/5. I can’t see anything at this point helping prevent that.

So in the end a team that cannot atleast give a little bit of a fight to traya lead isn’t worth much in arena considering most of our shards are filled with those teams.

I am frustrated with the game changer videos for sure this time around. In my opinion chewie was made out/advertised to be a lot stronger and more “game changing” then he actually is. Just another TW/TB character it seems.

Agreed.. They die so quickly... And not even by getting hits, but just by taking turns!

Traya is OP, too OP. She shouldn’t be able to destroy everyone by just standing there looking annoying
  • I havent run in arena yet, but testing a no leader:

Raid Han, Young Han, Chewie, Vandor, L3. Zaalbar might eventually replace Vandor.

Once young Han gets prepared, you can have triple attacks and it does pretty crazy damage.
  • 8scpa6jlops0.png
    Having a blast with this, guard on biggs.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I havent run in arena yet, but testing a no leader:

Raid Han, Young Han, Chewie, Vandor, L3. Zaalbar might eventually replace Vandor.

Once young Han gets prepared, you can have triple attacks and it does pretty crazy damage.

Not going to work well without a leadership ability.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I’ve played around with a Chewie team after getting him to g12+ and swapping in a full set of rarity 6 mods. Traya still one shots him early on. Han dies soon after. All the counters and assists under CLS eat up 35% health against a Traya lead.

Ironically, despite all the uproar, Chewie isn’t turning out to be such a legendary character after all. It’s a shame, because I’m so tired of the same old Traya team. Until something better comes along, I guess I’m stuck using it.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    For those trying to run Chewy in Arena, how is that going? My wookiee is gear VIII at the moment so I haven't been able to test him. The team I've seen is CLS, Raid Han, R2D2, L3-37 paired with Chewy.

I'm thinking of throwing all my gear to get this team going assuming it is arena worthy.

everything in arena is shard-dependent but no, not at all
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Traya is still stronger, but’s it’s a fun and viable team
    Hodor
  • Running zzzcls, zhan, zzchewie, zzr2, zzob and its great. I am blasting through all sith teams in record time. After taking 1st last night and not touching arena for 23 hours I started my climb to first from 11th. So far it's holding better than my previous traya lead team. As an added bonus its quite fun, I might actually put arena mods on the whole team.
  • 5* Chewie is viable in arena?
  • In my arena, CLS / Han Solo / R2-D2 / Chewbacca / Enfys Nest full zetad team is rank 1.
  • Heard some people are running Han/Chewie under a triumvirate lead with success

I've seen that team and it is nasty. I can beat traya lead with my ep team but can't yet beat this combo.
  • One of the ones in our top 10 switched to cls, han, chewie, r2, and nest. So I had a attack left so I went after it with my ep, vader, sion, nihilas, thrawn team.

I lost a few characters but won fairly easily after just fracturing and killing chewie. I can also beat traya lead and bastilla lead with my team so it's not as if my team is weak by any means, but this isn't going to be an impossible to beat even for non traya teams.

I don't think running another comp will make it much better. A tank instead of r2 maybe but with the dispels from sion and nihilas, I don't see getting around a tank as a problem. And switching out nest just makes the tm train easier.

Not sure how mich that helps anyone but that's my experience.
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Mobile Gamer has video on youtube where he is using him instead of Ezra on Bastilla lead Jedi team and it works well on offense destroying Traya lead Sith teams.
This discussion has been closed.