Push Notifications: Why no love?

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited September 2018
Would be great if we could set push notifications for situations like when we get dropped in rank in Arenas, and also when TW such as when zones become open and/or defeated. And send us the actual message of such, like from the officers, and not a pic of the game avatar. Why no love here?!
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• Cause it will be annoying and everyone will simply turn them off.
  • Rojas wrote: »
    Cause it will be annoying and everyone will simply turn them off.

Dude bug off.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Do you have your ringtones nenvoouke turned down?..... Invest nothing for arena drops, but I do get notifications with sound when new guild orders are issued.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Its honesty because your game doesnt know you drop rank until you log in. That would be a large increase in traffic for them to manage to post that every time it happens.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Its honesty because your game doesnt know you drop rank until you log in. That would be a large increase in traffic for them to manage to post that every time it happens.

I buy that, but don’t buy them not being able to manage a simple script that allows for this. Every other app producer easily manages detailed push notifications with way many more users (millions to hundreds of millions) without issue. This company is a multi-billion dollar company.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I'm pretty sure I do get notifications when guild commands are set in TB/TW. Having automatic notifications for everything you suggest would be a bit much though.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm pretty sure I do get notifications when guild commands are set in TB/TW. Having automatic notifications for everything you suggest would be a bit much though.

Why would it be a bit much when you can easily manage it like every other app and messaging app on your device? B)

And you’re right, the guild commands do show up. I’m not referring to that. I’m referring to it sending an auto command when a new zone is opened or defeated. There’s all sorts of cool methods that could be introduced.

SnakesOnAPlane